Couche-Tard

Updated Aug 25, 2014

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Couche-Tard

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laval, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laval, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Couche-Tard.

Applied through a placement agency
    Interview 1&2: with agency representative (phone and in person); tests: French, English, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
    Interview 3: by phone with HR junior at company (3 calls)
    Interview 4: with HR representative (not responsible of hiring), HR responsible on vacation
    Interview lasted 1h20, average of +30 questions, very formal and "corporate", I could tell that the rep was doing interview back to back for all different positions; I think too many to be able to assess an individual.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest mistake you made that created a major issue? I don't know but who would actually answer that? My answer was to provide information about an error made, how it happened, how it was handled and resolved.

Way too many questions, not enough "human" exchange especially when the reason of not being selected for an interview with actual person responsible for recruiting for this particular position whom I never met was "incompatible" personality.

Answer Question

Counter Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Couche-Tard in August 2008.

A 15 minute interview and ask where I would prefer to work. After that, they called me for my training and discuss my schedule.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Couche-Tard in November 2011.

Was easy, went very fast, and they got back to me right away.
    Handed in my resume and cover letter when I was told about the job, and I needed something to save for school because my tuition is ridiculous.
    Called in for an interview a day later, interview was short.
    Was called and informed that they wanted to hire me the day after.

Interview Questions
    • If I was willing to work without warning, or on very short notice.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you get paid bare minimum.