Council On International Educational Exchange

Council On International Educational Exchange Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Council On International Educational Exchange

Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Council On International Educational Exchange (Portland, ME).

Interview

This was a fairly quick process until they had to make their decisions. I receives a call asking for a phone interview two days after I sent iny resume and had the phone interview during that same week. A week later I was asked to come in for an in person interview and met with five people for individual interviews over about 4 hours. I was told I would hear from them in the next 2 weeks but after I had heard fromy references that they were called it was about another 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer situational questions on how you would respond to certain difficulties students may be going through.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Council On International Educational Exchange.

Interview

I was initially contacted for a phone interview, which went great. Then, I had a skype interview that went fine. I was told to wait since they had a busy time of the year coming up, but also told not to freak out. After a month of no response, I emailed and they said they had decided to interview other candidates- no one ever bothered to tell me I was no longer in the running. When I (very politely) asked if I could be told why I was no longer being considered, there was never any response. A few weeks later I get another email saying I'm no longer in the running. Great, thanks.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where someone else had a problem and you had to help fix it.   Answer Question

Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Council On International Educational Exchange (Portland, ME) in May 2013.

Interview

Need to find positions on website; phone interview; skype interview; company paid flight to Portland and company paid hotel room for a face-to-face interview. Staff are nice but a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• If a homestay parent called the police on a student, what would you do? (They don't like to remove students from their homestays)   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Council On International Educational Exchange (Portland, ME) in July 2012.

Interview

One month process from application to hire, three Interviews with team members and one with HR.

Interview Questions

• Interviewed from within the company and had to answer questions on conflicts in my current workplace. It was awkward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable offer, but I could accept or decline whenever I liked. I accepted on the spot.

Coordinator, Events & Travel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Council On International Educational Exchange (Portland, ME) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening by an outside company (I believe). The questions asked were pretty standard. I was then invited in for a face-to-face interview. I met with my direct supervisor, my supervisor's supervisor, and managers in other departments I would be working with. Finally, I met with the HR representative to discuss benefits, etc. I appreciated the fact that they I was able to meet with all of these people in one visit as I had to travel out of state for the interview. For the most part people were very nice, professional, and interested in learning about my background and explaining the work they do. The HR representative was especially helpful. When we discovered that the salary range available would not work for me, she continued to speak with me and give me recommendations for other companies or jobs that might suit what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• I was given several situational questions. Due to the international nature of the company, several questions related to how I would react to deal with problems that occur with students abroad, and juggling the needs of parents/educators/government officials/business partners when a problem arises.   Answer Question

The salary offered did not line up with my expectations. Some job requirements (travel, etc) also did not line up with my requirements.