Council on Foreign Relations Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Council on Foreign Relations (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Typical interview experience done over Skype. Initial interview with New York human resources staff, then welcomed on to interview with DC staff for specific position I applied for. This round of interviews was first done with an HR representative and then with the Research Associates in my program. Did not talk with Fellow.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Council on Foreign Relations

Intern Interview

Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume online. Contacted by phone to set up an interview two weeks later. Interviewed in office with an HR rep and the RA of the department I would be working in. Pretty standard fit interview, then some questions about my research experience.

Interview Questions

• Know about what differentiates CFR from other major think tanks.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I received a phone call to have an interview the following week. After the in-person interview I received an email one month later letting me know I received the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not applicable--Internship is unpaid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Council on Foreign Relations (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview, on-sight interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Council on Foreign Relations (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied, got a call for an interview, second round was a skype interview. then a few days later i was offered the position.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Council on Foreign Relations in December 2008.

Interview

I learned about the organization through articles I read for my political science classes. I applied for the internship through the website and wrote a cover letter for it. There was one in-person interview with HR and the respective department. The questions were very general - why are you interested in the position? What relevant experience do you have? Where do you see yourself after college?

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Council on Foreign Relations in August 2011.

Interview

One HR Interview One RA Interview

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience? What are transferable skils?   Answer Question