Counterpart International Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Counterpart International

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied through the online system. I had one interview with two manager-level people who vetted me more for technical knowledge, and then a second interview with the program officers/assistants and the team director that seemed to be more about personality meshing. I heard back within a week that I had gotten the job and I started right away.

Interview Questions

• Interview was focused on international development knowledge, language abilities, career aspirations - this was for an internship after all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an intern position, so there was no negotiation.

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

My resume was submitted for a grant proposal. After it was accepted, I was interviewed by phone by the business development team and group manager. The process was mainly a formality. About a month later I was contacted and given hiring information. They never requested an in-person meeting before asking me to sign a commitment letter, which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Due to the low offer, I let them know I would need work 10 hours a week outside the office.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in February 2011.

Interview

only one interview and no phone screening !!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Counterpart International (Arlington, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

2 months long, interrupted and then re-started before finally being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What is your bottom line...It's not about your experience, it's about the position you've applied for and the compensation linked to that position...Take it or leave it.

Program Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Counterpart International in March 2010.

Interview

Overall the interview process was good. Professional and the impression the interviewers gave was positive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation at all.