Country Inns & Suites

Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Naperville, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Country Inns & Suites in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted after talking to an employee at a local job fair. Then I was asked to do a 1 on 1 interview that I thought went rather well. After that interview I was asked to come in for another one. During that interview I talked to the hotel manager and was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – What would you say to a customer who had trouble with the temperature of their room knowing that there is no way to fully change the temperature.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Sadly there seemed to be no room for negotiation.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Country Inns & Suites in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on their website. I was then called by a recruiter who set up all interviews and relayed my information. I had Two phone interviews and one face to face. The recruiter contacted me a week later to offer me a position. I was able to give a Four week notice.

Interview Question – All Easy questions if you have general knowledge of running a hotel   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate as they paid what I asked

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Country Inns & Suites.

Interview Details – Two interview step processs.
first interview with the front office manager and the second with the GM, I was offered the job at the end of the second interview.
after that I was given time to let my other job know I was leaving

Interview Question – explain a time when you made a bad situation good for a customer, and how you did so.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none it is an entry level postion.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied through other source and interviewed at Country Inns & Suites.

Interview Details – It went smooth. I sent my resume in, got a interview. They asked good questions!

Interview Question – There wasn't really any. It was normal interview questions. very professional.   Answer Question

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Country Inns & Suites in July 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in to drop off my resume' and asked for managment. GM was very nice and helpful. He said he would be in touch. I called a week later to follow-up, next day I got a call for interview one on one. GM asked basic questions. I sold myself on my abilities even though I was entry-level.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, wish I would have bargained a smidge. But I will after 6 months.

Very Easy Interview

Housekeeper/Front Desk Interview

Housekeeper/Front Desk
Sycamore, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Country Inns & Suites in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was incredibly persistent after I filled out my application. I followed up weekly, and after my persistence for about six weeks I finally got the interview. I filled out the application in early September and I didn't get an interview until late October maybe early November.

I was asked about how I did things at my current job, and what kind of availability I was looking for. I felt like I answered the interviewer's questions as best as I could, and I felt like I was fair about availability. After about thirty minutes, I was told that there would be a second interview, and that I would be contacted "soon".

After two weeks I followed-up after the interview with a phone call and an email, and I was told that some managerial things have happened, and that they apologized for not getting back to me. They told me the same thing again, that I would be contacted "soon". After Thanksgiving I pretty much gave up on following up with the manager.

It sort of felt like a waste of my time trying to get the interview, because I was the one that had to do the reaching out to the manager.

Interview Questions

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Country Inns & Suites in September 2008.

Interview Details – Interview taken by HR manager, F&B Manager and Then General Manager

Interview Question – How to increase the sale   Answer Question

Guest Services Agent Interview

Guest Services Agent
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Country Inns & Suites in June 2011.

Interview Details – Campus placement from batch of 80 students five were selected with five round of interviews.

Interview Question – why this industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Worked for Country Inns & Suites? Contribute to the Community!