Country Inns & Suites Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.6

Front Office Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites.

Interview

First interview with General Manager second with Reginal and VP. Took about two week until they decided to hire me. After that you would fill out tons of paper and start immediately.

Interview Questions

• What do u you see yourself in 3 years   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites in February 2015.

Interview

Responded to a online job ad for a front desk agent position. I was contacted about a week later to schedule an interview. The manager did not seemed interested in conducting the interview. They reviewed my resume and then asked the standard questions before making me take an assessment based on "what would you do"-type of questions. Those were pretty tough. We negotiated salary expectations in which the manager did not agree with my minimum expected pay. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes. In the end, I was told that I will be notified in a few days if I get the job or not.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum Hills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Linthicum Hills, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my written application and was asked to complete an interview three days later. Met in person for two interviews; one with the general manager and one with the regional manager.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Naperville, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted after talking to an employee at a local job fair. Then I was asked to do a 1 on 1 interview that I thought went rather well. After that interview I was asked to come in for another one. During that interview I talked to the hotel manager and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who had trouble with the temperature of their room knowing that there is no way to fully change the temperature.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sadly there seemed to be no room for negotiation.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites in January 2014.

Interview

It was a easy interview process, and the lady interviewing me did not what so ever make me feel nervous or uncomfortable. I was called in for a interview about one week after my online application was processed. After my interview I was called about two days later and offered the job, it was a professional yet easy process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great match for this job?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites.

Interview

Two interview step processs. first interview with the front office manager and the second with the GM, I was offered the job at the end of the second interview. after that I was given time to let my other job know I was leaving

Interview Questions

• explain a time when you made a bad situation good for a customer, and how you did so.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none it is an entry level postion.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Country Inns & Suites.

Interview

It went smooth. I sent my resume in, got a interview. They asked good questions!

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any. It was normal interview questions. very professional.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied in-person and they didn't get back to me at first. After a week, I called them about my application and then they scheduled a time for me to come in and get interviewed. When you come in to interview, you sit down with the manager and he/she will ask you questions, standard stuff. Dress like you're gonna work there and prepare to be there a half hour. It was one-on-one with the manager and fairly casual, but act professional all the same. A few days later they asked if I wanted to work there and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CIS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate to get the job, I just called them to remind them that I applied.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Atlanta, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

I walked in to drop off my resume' and asked for managment. GM was very nice and helpful. He said he would be in touch. I called a week later to follow-up, next day I got a call for interview one on one. GM asked basic questions. I sold myself on my abilities even though I was entry-level.

Interview Questions

• Will a sporadic schedule work for you?   1 Answer
    • Are you open to change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, wish I would have bargained a smidge. But I will after 6 months.

Housekeeper/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sycamore, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Country Inns & Suites (Sycamore, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I was incredibly persistent after I filled out my application. I followed up weekly, and after my persistence for about six weeks I finally got the interview. I filled out the application in early September and I didn't get an interview until late October maybe early November. I was asked about how I did things at my current job, and what kind of availability I was looking for. I felt like I answered the interviewer's questions as best as I could, and I felt like I was fair about availability. After about thirty minutes, I was told that there would be a second interview, and that I would be contacted "soon". After two weeks I followed-up after the interview with a phone call and an email, and I was told that some managerial things have happened, and that they apologized for not getting back to me. They told me the same thing again, that I would be contacted "soon". After Thanksgiving I pretty much gave up on following up with the manager. It sort of felt like a waste of my time trying to get the interview, because I was the one that had to do the reaching out to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current job.   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer