Country Meadows Retirement Communities
www.countrymeadows.com Hershey, PA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Country Meadows Retirement Communities Employment Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Employment Manager Interview

Employment Manager
Hershey, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Country Meadows Retirement Communities in October 2010.

Interview Details – I initially found the Employment Manager job posted on a job board. The very next day after I applied I received a call from the outgoing Employment Manager to briefly review my experience, pay expectations, etc, and an in person interview was scheduled for later that week.

When I met with the Employment Manager everything was going fine until she started describing the job to me, and it was nothing like what was posted online or discussed during the phone interview. The main job responsbility was project management and they were looking for someone with that specific experience. Even the job description they gave me to review during the interview didn't include this information.

Regardless of my inexperience with project management I was pushed through to the second stage of interviewing that same day, and I met with another Employment Manager and the HR Director.

I was told at the end of the interviews that the process takes a while. I did follow up a couple weeks later via email and immediately received a phone stating that they decided to go with another candidate. A couple of weeks after that I saw the job posted again, but the job description was more like what they ended up discussing with me during my interview.

As an HR professional, my advice to this company would be to make sure that the job duties you are posting accurately depict what you are looking for in a candidate. It's a waste of your time and mine if you don't do this.

As an FYI for anyone pursuing an HR position with this company, these positions involving traveling between facilities almost 100% of the time. You do not have a set work area at each facility. I was told that you just find space to work, and sometimes it's in the cafeteria!

In the end, I'm grateful that things worked out the way that they did because, while I don't mind traveling between facilities, I do like to have a designated work station when I am working somewhere.

Interview Question – Tell me about the types of managers that you have the most difficult time working with.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Country Meadows Retirement Communities? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Country Meadows Retirement Communities Employment Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Country Meadows Retirement Communities employees and interview candidates.