Countrywide Financial Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in January 2008.

Internal recommendation resulted in phone interview and then onsite meeting with hiring manager and his supervisor. Very friendly and was prepared for types of questions asked. I brought sample materials to show types of work that I have accomplished in the past which were well received as it demonstrated my qualifications for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on working within a division that was considered a 'start-up' and helping to define structure to grow the group.   Answer Question
    Countered initial offer but accepted position as-is given they did not move on their first offer.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hills, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in December 2008.

Met with the hiring manager and three other individuals. These were 1:1 interviews.

There was no negotiation

Financial Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in April 2007.

Interviewed with threee different people, 1 in person & 2 by phone. Overall went fairly smoothly but they required lots of background checks. Had me do a simulation of selling to someone over the phone to check my skill set & competency level. Some tough questions but fair overall. One of the more thorough interview processes I have been through.

Interview Questions
    • Perform a 45 minute roll-play of trying to sell to a customer over the phone.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation ability. The company is set on their salary range which is pretty small.

Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in October 2008.

Two phone interviews followed by a background check. After passing background check and checking references was invited to a 1:1 interview on site that was pretty straight forward.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Countrywide Financial

Worked for Countrywide Financial? Contribute to the Community!