Countrywide Financial

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in January 2008.

Interview Details – Internal recommendation resulted in phone interview and then onsite meeting with hiring manager and his supervisor. Very friendly and was prepared for types of questions asked. I brought sample materials to show types of work that I have accomplished in the past which were well received as it demonstrated my qualifications for the role.

Interview Question – Questions on working within a division that was considered a 'start-up' and helping to define structure to grow the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Countered initial offer but accepted position as-is given they did not move on their first offer.

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President
West Hills, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in December 2008.

Interview Details – Met with the hiring manager and three other individuals. These were 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in April 2007.

Interview Details – Interviewed with threee different people, 1 in person & 2 by phone. Overall went fairly smoothly but they required lots of background checks. Had me do a simulation of selling to someone over the phone to check my skill set & competency level. Some tough questions but fair overall. One of the more thorough interview processes I have been through.

Interview Question – Perform a 45 minute roll-play of trying to sell to a customer over the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little negotiation ability. The company is set on their salary range which is pretty small.

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Countrywide Financial in October 2008.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews followed by a background check. After passing background check and checking references was invited to a 1:1 interview on site that was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

Worked for Countrywide Financial? Contribute to the Community!