Countrywide Financial Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Countrywide Financial

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Countrywide Financial (West Hills, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager and three other individuals. These were 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Countrywide Financial (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Internal recommendation resulted in phone interview and then onsite meeting with hiring manager and his supervisor. Very friendly and was prepared for types of questions asked. I brought sample materials to show types of work that I have accomplished in the past which were well received as it demonstrated my qualifications for the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions on working within a division that was considered a 'start-up' and helping to define structure to grow the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Countered initial offer but accepted position as-is given they did not move on their first offer.

Financial Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Countrywide Financial in April 2007.

Interview

Interviewed with threee different people, 1 in person & 2 by phone. Overall went fairly smoothly but they required lots of background checks. Had me do a simulation of selling to someone over the phone to check my skill set & competency level. Some tough questions but fair overall. One of the more thorough interview processes I have been through.

Interview Questions

• Perform a 45 minute roll-play of trying to sell to a customer over the phone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation ability. The company is set on their salary range which is pretty small.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Countrywide Financial in October 2008.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a background check. After passing background check and checking references was invited to a 1:1 interview on site that was pretty straight forward.