Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at County of Kern
- Accountant (1)
- Deputy District Attorney (1)
- Veterans Service Representative (1)
- Human Services Supervisor (1)
- Department Aid for Beale Library (1)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of Kern.
The interview lasted about ten minutes. There were two interviewers who asked basic interview questions, just like an average job interview. They interviewed a large number of candidates but only had one available position.
- What do you know about Kern County? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in March 2015.
It was a panel interview after a written test. The panel was pan faced and showed no human kindness of course. The questions were pertinant, but complex. I wish I had studied harder.
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA).
Initially you apply with the County website. It takes months to hear back, 1 to 3 usually, at which point they had me do a group interview with 5 supervisors. They proceeded to ask me questions which would seem common sense but only if you have been in a library or read books usually.
- What's the difference between Fiction and Non-Fiction. 1 Answer
There are no negotiations. It's minimum wage or nothing.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2014.
The hiring process began with a brief test of writing skills. I was given a scenario concerning a veteran seeking benefits and was instructed to summarize how I would interact with the client with a sample other letter communicating my plan of action. Interviewed by 3 representatives with questions ranging from personal beliefs to job relevant experiences.
- How would you handle an irate client. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at County of Kern (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2008.
There were 3 interviewers. They asked various accounting and GAAP questions. They asked a couple of those "what would you do if" and "describe a time when".
- What would you do if there was a customer in front of you and one on the phone. Who would you help? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review