County of Riverside Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Senior Human Resource Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I applied online & 2 weeks later I was called for an interview. The person who interviewed me was very professional & pleasant. There were two people in the room asking questions. All the questions were based on past experiences. It's a must to know Microsoft office, especially Word & Excel.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, nothing surprising. She asked questions relevant to the job.   Answer Question

Auditor/Appraiser I/II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Thereafter, I was contacted by phone to schedule an interview. The interview was a panel interview with management, which included two females and one male. Interview was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What is our mission statement? What tax laws do we use? What is market value? What is book value? How do you assess property? What do you expect coming in? If you don't get along with an employee, how do you go about this particular situation? If you come across something you don't know, what do you do? If someone does something unethical, what will you do? What is tangible and intangible fixed assets? What is materiality? (in respect to appraisal of fixed assets for property tax purposes) What does the term judgement mean to you? (in respect to appraisal of fixed assets for property tax purposes) Tip: Good luck, be yourself and do your homework.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

Your resume will never be selected. You may go on interviews but they always pick insiders

Employment Services Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at County of Riverside.

Interview

Panel interview with a minimum of two supervisors interviewing. They ask a set list of questions usually about 5 questions to all people interviweing (same questions) and your answers are given numerical scores based on the answer. The interviewer do not look up much as they are writing down what you say word for word. Do not expect much feedback such as smiling or nods.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding customer service are to be expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everyone comes in at same rate of pay unless it is a promotion from within company

Behavioral Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA).

Interview

2 person panel interview. Both ladies are very nice. It looks like they just upgraded the facility which is a good sign. Riverside County offices are expanding and upgrading which is always a good thing.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you expect to face in this position?   Answer Question

Graphic Arts Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It takes quite a while to make it to the hiring and interview process. Once in there, they are prepared with questions and looking for detailed information and knowledge around multiple subjects.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions would be around technical aspects of the printing process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations due to the County being Standardized in pay rates

Legal Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at County of Riverside (Murrieta, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

When I interviewed for this position, I was already working as a county employee in a different position, but within the same department. Nevertheless, I had to complete a standard county assessment for the new position, receive a passing score and then wait to be called for a interview. Once I received a call for and scheduled the interview, I was interviewed by a four-person panel: the regional supervising attorney, the law office (admin) supervisor, and two senior employees.

Interview Questions

• Whether or not my work product would suffer if/when I completed tasks ahead of time and whether being an efficient worker might, down the road, lead to poor job performance.   1 Answer

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Job openings are typically posted on the county website "rc-hr.com" as well as governmentjobs.com. A well made resume will include keywords mentioned in the job description for the desired position. The appraiser position starts off as a trainee position unless the applicant is coming with previous experience in which case a candidate may be hired on as an Appraiser I or II depending on experience. The interview process consists of about five to seven fairly generic questions involving subjects such as work prioritization, experience, and knowledge check questions in regards to real property taxation. After a successful initial interview a candidate will be invited back for a second interview, at which point an official college transcript will be required. The initial interview is typically carried out by two supervisors and the second interview will typically consist of several different supervisors and managers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult but one that caught me off guard was "How did you prepare for this interview?" and then the dreaded but not completely unexpected "Why should we hire you as opposed to other candidates?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, wages are set by the union and only time will get you a raise.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at County of Riverside (Riverside, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

You have to take a writing test. Ridiculous when most Analysts who have been there longer than they have been conducting the test can't write. Obviously, newer hires can. Interview is typically a panel where they ask you standard questions - nothing out of the ordinary. Either they like you or they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, this is a public agency. You're placed at step 1 unless you ask to be placed higher and can prove that you should be. Then, it's up to the department and the board and a bunch of people who have no clue.

Office Assistant II Interview

Interview

I applied on the hr website, and about 3 months later I finally received a phone call from a recruiter. However, it was for a temporary job. I had one interview with a recruiter and then I was sent on another interview with the actual government agency that I would be working for. Once I had my official interview, I received a call the same day to begin work the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with clerical work and dealing with customers face to face.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.