County of Riverside

Relevance Date Difficulty

Appraiser Interview

Appraiser
Riverside, CA

I applied online - interviewed at County of Riverside in September 2011.

Interview Details – Job openings are typically posted on the county website "rc-hr.com" as well as governmentjobs.com. A well made resume will include keywords mentioned in the job description for the desired position.

The appraiser position starts off as a trainee position unless the applicant is coming with previous experience in which case a candidate may be hired on as an Appraiser I or II depending on experience.

The interview process consists of about five to seven fairly generic questions involving subjects such as work prioritization, experience, and knowledge check questions in regards to real property taxation. After a successful initial interview a candidate will be invited back for a second interview, at which point an official college transcript will be required. The initial interview is typically carried out by two supervisors and the second interview will typically consist of several different supervisors and managers.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult but one that caught me off guard was "How did you prepare for this interview?" and then the dreaded but not completely unexpected "Why should we hire you as opposed to other candidates?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, wages are set by the union and only time will get you a raise.

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Riverside, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at County of Riverside.

Interview Details – Your resume will never be selected. You may go on interviews but they always pick insiders

Graphic Arts Illustrator Interview

Graphic Arts Illustrator
Riverside, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at County of Riverside in January 2012.

Interview Details – It takes quite a while to make it to the hiring and interview process. Once in there, they are prepared with questions and looking for detailed information and knowledge around multiple subjects.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions would be around technical aspects of the printing process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations due to the County being Standardized in pay rates

Employment Services Counselor Interview

Employment Services Counselor

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at County of Riverside.

Interview Details – Panel interview with a minimum of two supervisors interviewing. They ask a set list of questions usually about 5 questions to all people interviweing (same questions) and your answers are given numerical scores based on the answer. The interviewer do not look up much as they are writing down what you say word for word. Do not expect much feedback such as smiling or nods.

Interview Question – Questions regarding customer service are to be expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everyone comes in at same rate of pay unless it is a promotion from within company

Behavioral Health Specialist Interview

Behavioral Health Specialist
Riverside, CA

Interview Details – 2 person panel interview. Both ladies are very nice. It looks like they just upgraded the facility which is a good sign. Riverside County offices are expanding and upgrading which is always a good thing.

Interview Question – What challenges do you expect to face in this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Human Resources Analyst
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at County of Riverside in September 2010.

Interview Details – You have to take a writing test. Ridiculous when most Analysts who have been there longer than they have been conducting the test can't write. Obviously, newer hires can. Interview is typically a panel where they ask you standard questions - nothing out of the ordinary. Either they like you or they don't.

Interview Question – Nothing - basic, vanilla interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, this is a public agency. You're placed at step 1 unless you ask to be placed higher and can prove that you should be. Then, it's up to the department and the board and a bunch of people who have no clue.

Office Assistant II Interview

Office Assistant II

Interviewed at County of Riverside

Interview Details – I applied on the hr website, and about 3 months later I finally received a phone call from a recruiter. However, it was for a temporary job. I had one interview with a recruiter and then I was sent on another interview with the actual government agency that I would be working for. Once I had my official interview, I received a call the same day to begin work the next day.

Interview Question – Describe your experience with clerical work and dealing with customers face to face.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Worked for County of Riverside? Contribute to the Community!