County of Santa Barbara Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at County of Santa Barbara

Deputy Public Defender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at County of Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Submit application. Reference letters help. Called for interview and met with three attorneys. Talked about experience and philosophy. Several canned questions that were easy for experienced trial attorney. Will usually be an ethics question and another pertaining to how you would handle difficult client who insists on making bad decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when mentally ill client insists on a trial when the DA is making a generous off that will allow the client to be released.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for quicker promotions and raises as I was starting at a lower level than my previous position and experience called for. They accepted my conditions and I started two weeks later.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at County of Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Name a difficult situation that you handle well. Job experience. Can you work under pressure? Have you worked in the government work? They will call you for an afternoon interview. It looks well to be early. The interview itself is a standard interview, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name one example where you had to deal with a difficult client and what you did   Answer Question

Sheriff's Sergeant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at County of Santa Barbara in June 2009.

Interview

Typically what you would expect from a local law enforcement organization. Most study and prep guides will adequately prepare a candidate for the process.

Interview Questions

• There will be an interview question dealing with an ethical issue, most likely coupled with a political component. Consider this: you conduct a traffic stop and suspect that the driver is intoxicated. You eventually learn that the driver is the assistant chief of a nearby police department. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing is negotiable with government service - however the compensation is fair and worthwhile.