County of Santa Clara

Relevance Date Difficulty

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Maintenance Supervisor
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at County of Santa Clara in March 2008.

Interview Details – 1. Search job postings @ www.sccjobs.org
2. Setup an account/profile
3. Find job of interest and apply online
4. If qualified (per HR review), you will receive an invitation to test/interview will, else, you will receive a thank you notice
5. After test/interview, the top 7 candidates will be invited to a followup interview by the hiring department (could be several interviews)
6. If you are one of the top 7 and are the selected candidate for the position you will receive a formal offer (likely a phone call too)
7 if you are one of the top 7 and are NOT the selected candidate, your name will be left on the list of qualified candidates for the position for a period of time (typically 1 year). If a new opening becomes available and the list has not expired, you will be automatically invited for an interview with the hiring department.

Interview Question – Questions related to dealing with employee discipline. Government employment regulations ( strong need for due diligence on part of management) are fairly rigid when dealing with employee discipline.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – SCC has pay schedules established. The subject job classification's salary starts at step 1 of 5...benefits are standard for everyone.

Desktop Support- Information Systems Tech II Interview

Desktop Support- Information Systems Tech II
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at County of Santa Clara in September 2010.

Interview Details – Basic questions about technical skills and background

Interview Question – How proficient are your skills in IT?   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at County of Santa Clara in January 2009.

Interview Details – Telephone screening. Pass the eligible exam. Group interview.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Parks and Recreation Maintenance Interview

Parks and Recreation Maintenance

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at County of Santa Clara in May 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process began with an open position for Parks and Recreation Maintenance on their web site. I applied for the position there. I had to go to the main office building downtown for the County and take a test regarding the position out of about 200 people, 5 were chosen for a panel type interview. The interview was scheduled about a month after the initial test. Then they call to offer or inform of decline.

Interview Questions

Librarian I Interview

Librarian I

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at County of Santa Clara in July 2009.

Interview Details – Two interviews, first was a brief 15 minute panel interview with set questions and limited answer time. Second was also a panel interview with a longer time frame, opportunity to ask questions and for expansion.

Interview Question – Examples of how to deal with unruly children.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, salary schedule set by Union.

Worked for County of Santa Clara? Contribute to the Community!