County of Sonoma

Updated Jun 26, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at County of Sonoma

Animal Control Officer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at County of Sonoma.

1- Application, 2- Panel Interview, 3- Supervisor Interview, 4- Background check (finacial, psych eval, criminal history), 5- Physical exam/fitness test/drug test, 6- Director's interview

There was no negociation

Administrative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at County of Sonoma in May 2012.

Had to know someone to get through HR. Conversed directly with senir manager. Did not go through HR. Tried to get other positions through true process of HR and have been unsucessful. Screening is outdated and irrelevant to jobs.

Interview Questions
    • No questions if you know someone- you bypass the screening   Answer Question
    The salary I was told before interview was not what was offered. I asked for more and got it.

Extra Help Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at County of Sonoma in July 2012.

Panel interview with members of the team. Extremely organized (was provided the list of interview questions as I waited to be called in). I appreciated both the organization and execution of the entire interview process. In fact, I found it quite enjoyable. Interviewers were very professional and at the same time made me feel welcome and comfortable. Represented the team dynamic very well. Was able to cut through the "fluff" of most interviews and see what the job would entail and have an opportunity to share, in that context, what I could offer them. Very straight-forward and positive process.

Interview Questions
    • Required hands-on demonstration of my abilities   View Answer

Counselor Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at County of Sonoma in August 2009.

Working onsite with the department (for a partner agency) gave me a great advantage--knowing the people, understanding the job I applied for. Even so, there was a lot of competition from both internal and external candidates. The online application was quite detailed, and it's important to answer the supplemental questions fully. Then there was a moderately difficult written test, mostly multiple choice questions--about 75 candidates were there--and then after a couple of weeks I was informed that I was selected for the first panel interview (actually a verbal test), in which candidates would be ranked. It's VERY IMPORTANT to answer each and every part of the question: sometimes they ask 2 or 3 things in one question and if you only answer 1 or 2 of them, you'll be marked down. After that, I was contacted for another panel interview with the finalists. The questions were mostly behavioral, and the panel members tend to write things down while you speak, and don't give you feedback or engage in small talk...it was a pretty formal approach. It took a while after that, but then I was offered the job pending the drug test/physical.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a serious disagreement you had with a supervisor. What was it, and how did it get resolved?   View Answer
    N/A for county positions.