Coupons.com

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Social Media Manager Interview

Social Media Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coupons.com.

Interview Details – After 4 different interviews I found it very bureaucratic and kind of sad environment, people didn't look happy to be there and I didn't feel like they want a person with creative ideas for a creative job -Social media isn't 9-5.

Interview Question – If you have a great idea and your manager didn't go for it, what do you do?   View Answer

IT Interview

IT
Mason, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coupons.com in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of two calls, one of which was near two hours in length also several setup emails were customary. First an acknowledgement then a pre interview to match skills, not tailored to the job specifically but a general fit so to speak. You do seem to loose something online and over the phone but that is the world we now live in.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard questions, just trying to find a good fit for my skill set.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and interviewed at Coupons.com.

Interview Details – Very pleasant and organized

Interview Question – How can you get up to speed on Internet technology   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Campaign Manager Interview

Campaign Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Coupons.com in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted via phone by an HR recruiter for a 30 minute interview. Apparently she was satisfied with my responses and asked me to come in to meet with the hiring team I'd be working with. Upon arrival, I was offered water and was shown around the common areas, then escorted into a conference room.

For the next few hours, I met with six different individuals. Some of them were a bit confused on their scheduled times to interview me and there was a bit of a last minute scramble for some of them to make it on time. All went well during the interviews. At the end of the process, I was told they would follow up with me if they were going to give me an offer. I didn't hear from them for several months. Luckily I wasn't desperate for a job, so this time lapse didn't phase me. The upside to waiting was that the offer was reasonable and I was able to give my current company two weeks notice.

Interview Question – The questions weren't too difficult. Mainly they asked about past experience, negotiating skills, culture and growth expectations.   Answer Question

Affiliate Marketing Associate Interview

Affiliate Marketing Associate
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Coupons.com in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email from the recruiter that they had received my resume and they wanted to do phone interviews. Had 3 phone interviews, first with the recruiter, then with the manager, and then third with a team member who I would be working with and reporting to. After phone calls, I scheduled an in person interview where I met with the people I talked on the phone to and a senior manager and another manager. Interviews were great, very friendly people made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – How would you go about contacting someone if they never answered your emails or returned your phone calls?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Budget was still being approved so hadn't gotten salary offer yet. Solution to bring me on as a contractor to start and then give me the full time offer.

Operations Interview

Operations
Mountain View, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Coupons.com in July 2011.

Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter to come in. Interviewed with several people who asked standard job questions.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for my position.

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Mountain View, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Coupons.com in March 2009.

Interview Details – I had one phone screen and one onsite interview with the recruiter and a VP.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation, we agreed on a rate and it was accepted.

Account Manager and Campaign Manager Interview

Account Manager and Campaign Manager
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coupons.com in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received an email asking for timing to set up a phone screening interview. That went well and I was invited by email (again) to come in for 1:1 onsite interviews (One day for the Account Manager position and a couple of days later one day for the Campaign Manager position).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where a difficult situation arose, what happened, and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

IT Support

Interviewed at Coupons.com

Interview Details – Friendly company, well-organized interview process, made me feel right at home. The HR folks had a lot of real-world experience in the tech sector, along with great communication skills, and this positive experience set the tone for the entire interview process.

Had one phone interview with a director, then a site interview with a manager and several engineers. Interviewer skills were consistently typical of most foreign-born tech folks educated in a system that prizes rote learning and the technical version of a "spelling bee" as their criteria for measuring a student's intelligence.

IOW, their interviewing style was more focused on the candidate's ability to regurgitate memorized reference material (some obscure and not likely to be encountered on the job) as opposed to a real-world big picture focus that synthesizes a variety of hard and soft skills. The latter is the style of interview with which I am most accustomed and prefer.

Unfortunately, this style of interviewing is all too common these days and is certainly not limited to this company. All in all, I liked the company culture and the people I met (especially Steve) and would consider working there in the future if the stars align well for both of us.

Interview Question – I was asked one question that focused on a mathematical formula that I haven't used since college. Not sure what the interviewer was hoping to achieve with that. Seems that another question might have been more meaningful.   Answer Question

Worked for Coupons.com? Contribute to the Community!