Course Hero

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Course Hero.

Interview Details – The phone interview was very comfortable. Typical interview questions that anyone should be prepared for (e.g. why you would be a good fit for the company, experience, name a time when you...)

Interview Question – The most difficult question I struggled with was when I was asked if I've ever dealt with conflict in the workplace because of prior work experience, but you can easily turn it around and say what you would do in that given situation.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was offered to move up to Student Manager but I was offered an internship at home which I took.

Very Easy Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Course Hero in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1) Submitted an application to a university job board
2) 1st Round: Received an e-mail asking to describe what the company does
3) 2nd Round: Informal/General phone interview with hiring manager
4) 3rd Round: Write an e-mail describing the job and saying why the company should hire you.

The phone interview was very informal and general. Similarly, the short answer questions administered via e-mail were also pretty straightforward. Just go to the company's website and refer to the packet that they send to you after you make it past the 2nd round.

Interview Question – Why do you think you deserve to get this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I started working immediately after I accepted. You communicate weekly with your manager to establish what you have to do. The hours are very flexible, and the compensation is pretty bad, but it is commission-based.

San Antonio, TX

I interviewed at Course Hero in August 2012.

Interview Details – There will be about 2 interviews both done over the phone. The questions are generic and very simple to answer. Just be honest ad show that you are driven to succeed at the internship.

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – paycheck based on commision

Interviews for Top Jobs at Course Hero

Worked for Course Hero? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Course Hero Business Development interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Course Hero employees and interview candidates.