Course Hero

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

2.2

Business Development Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Course Hero.

It wasn't that bad of an interview, the guy was relatively nice and outgoing and gave me time to respond to some of the tougher questions that he asked. Not one of the hardest interviews that I have ever had.

Interview Questions
    • Where is something that you had to start from the bottom and eventually made it successful.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

My interview process consisted of three interviews. The first interview was conducted over the phone and was non-technical. The second and third interviews technical interviews on Google Hangouts. In the technical interviews, the interviewer and I worked on coderpad.io. I was given a few small coding challenges and was allowed to choose which language to use.

Interview Questions
    • Make a program that returns true if an input string is a palindrome, or false otherwise.   Answer Question

Business Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Course Hero.

There was a series of two phone interviews both with the same person who was eventually my superior throughout my time at Course Hero. The phone interview was personality based and ensuring that you're able to talk to people and a competent person. Some research was necessary on Course Hero such as what do they do, what is the Knowledge Drive, the coolest features, ways they could improve the experience etc, so make sure you are well versed on their platform. The second interview was discussing my past leadership experiences and talking through my resume as well as my connections within my University and how I would reach out to the students.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was regarding my knowledge of the Course Hero Knowledge Drive platform so make sure you do your research and know what it is about, the incentives and bonuses to utilizing the Knowledge Drive.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, it was an accept or decline offer.

Business Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Course Hero.

The phone interview was very comfortable. Typical interview questions that anyone should be prepared for (e.g. why you would be a good fit for the company, experience, name a time when you...)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I struggled with was when I was asked if I've ever dealt with conflict in the workplace because of prior work experience, but you can easily turn it around and say what you would do in that given situation.   Answer Question

I was offered to move up to Student Manager but I was offered an internship at home which I took.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Course Hero in February 2014.

Was referred to the hiring manager via a friend of a friend. Took a month for a phone call to happen between me and the hiring manager. Phone call was relaxed and no difficult questions, more so focused on my background/experience. The guy I talked to did mention that for people applying to PM roles, they ask candidates to complete a "strategy project" on 1 of 2 possible subject (potential products for the company) to later present in person (typical formats were Word or Powerpoint).

I got an email from him the next day saying it was a pleasure to talk and giving details on the strategy project. In his email, he outlined the problem, current document model, and things to consider. He said I was more than welcome to contact him with any questions via cell or email as I worked through things. I indeed did ask him one or two things and he responded quickly, which was nice.

I submitted my final presentation to him by the given deadline and went in to talk about it more in person a few days later. The in person interview was with just the hiring manager (same person I had talked to all along) and was mainly about how I had approached the project and how & why I said I would've done things (as stated in my presentation). Then there was some time for Q&A from me to him, where I was asked my availability and salary expectations.

I received an email response the next day saying I was being passed on. Reasoning was the hiring manager was looking for someone with more experience regarding the other potential product they wanted to launch (the other strategy project I could've chosen to prepare). Seemed like a soft blow/save face reason given those skills weren't in the job description then, nor are they now as the job is re-listed.

Business Development Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Course Hero.

1. applied online, submitted resume. 2. Got the phone call interview. It was about 30 minutes. 3. Interview questions were mainly about your educational background, extracurricular activities, related work experiences, why and how you would like to join the team.

Interview Questions
    • There were no very difficult questions that I could think of. But this question I think is good to point out: How would you utilize your current network in your internship if you get and accept the offer?   Answer Question
    compensation based upon performance.

Software Engineer Interview

phone interview (with engineer) -> in person interview (with two engineers and potentially the CTO) -> culture fit interview (with CEO)

Interview Questions
    • All questions were fairly equal in difficulty. They had SQL and PHP. Tough for junior engineers but farily simple for senior engineers   Answer Question

Business Development Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Course Hero in November 2013.

Found and applied for the position posted on a school job listing site. Contacted me within a week or two with an email asking if I was still interested. Was given a phone interview with standard behavioral questions. Then was asked a couple of questions via email to see if I understood the program. One question was to explain what Course Hero was and how it worked and another was to explain the Internship Guide and how I demonstrated skills listed inside it.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a time you had to market or sell something on campus. What where some of the difficulties you faced and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • Please describe your influence and reach on campus. How can you help spread this program to a large number of students?   Answer Question

Knowledge Drive Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Course Hero.

I emailed them my resume and was contacted a few days later via email to set up a phone interview. I spoke with the program coordinator and was asked basic questions off of my resume. She also asked how my experiences would benefit me in being a good intern for course hero.

Interview Questions
    • What benefit are you looking to gain from the program?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Course Hero in August 2013.

1. First set of email questions
    2. Phone interview
    3. Second set of email questions
    4. Accepted into program or denied from program

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about what my favorite resource was on the Course Hero site which caught me off guard since I had not created an account yet.   View Answer