Coutts & Co

Updated Oct 30, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Client Service Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Coutts & Co in May 2014.

application and feedback was quick. Was contacted by manager of client service department for telephone interview which lasted 30min. The interview was behavioural questions. describe your greatest achievement and why? and last 5 min was a listening exercise. The interviewer was friendly and remained very neutral throughout the telephone interview. 3 hours after the interview they emailed me that I was not successful

Intranet Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Coutts & Co in January 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter about an Intranet Manager role, and it sounded like a good fit. I attended an initial interview with the hiring manager, and I felt it didn't go well. She was standoffish and almost mocking when asking me about my previous work experience.

I was surprised when I was invited for a second interview, but thought maybe the hiring managers cold manner was just her style.

The second interview was held in a Starbucks coffee shop near the Coutts offices, but rather than being with anyone with authority, it was with a man who said he had been hired as a freelance consultant by Coutts and didn't elaborate any further. He didn't ask about anything specific, which I thought odd, and when asked specifically "what is the purpose of this interview?" he replied "it's just a chat".

Within minutes of leaving the interview, I received a call from the recruiter to say I was unsuccessful in the role, without any further explanation. I expressed my concern about the interview to the recruiter, and she said no one she submitted for the role was hired.

A strange experience, but enough to put me off ever being involved with Coutts and Co again.

Interview Questions
    • Did you manage an intranet site, or was it just a sub site of another intranet?   View Answer

Private Banking Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coutts & Co in July 2008.

Was invited to assessment centre. It took place in a centre near Liverpool Street, and is not an Coutts owned building (ie was rented for this event).

This consisted of a 2:1 interview with two Coutts Private Bankers, an interview with an HR Partner, and a "client meeting" role play with a Business Partner.

The Coutts staff were very friendly, and it was obvious they were trying get to know you rather than try catch you out.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of when you worked with others to achieve a team goal.   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this position?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate salary, but I recommend others to try.