Covad Communications Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

NOC Technician Interview

NOC Technician

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Covad Communications Group.

Interview Details – Straight forward basic questions. Nothing really network related since they train you on the ATM alarms. 1 to 1 interview with various NOC managers. Not a full panel internview. Pretty laid back and intereviewed took place in a snack cafeteria type room.

NOC Technician Interview

NOC Technician
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Covad Communications Group in August 2010.

Interview Details – Two manager interview exploring mostly technical qualifications. They seemed rather flexible in terms of recent experience and knowledge. Some customer service questions, and then some additional scenario based questions. The managers were intimately familiar with the role, as both had previously worked as NOC Technicians and were tenured.

Interview Question – The discussion of ATM. As this is not on most associate level certifications, this was a very unexpected topic. However, in a service provider environment, ATM provides many benefits both from both a cost and operational perspective so I should have been the wiser.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – this was a contract position, so the range was very inflexible. Even though I came in initially beyond the high end, negotiating was somewhat difficult only due to the inexperienced recruiter whom worked for a third party hiring agency which did not directly reflect the upon Covad itself.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Covad Communications Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – two time interview with hiring manager and director, then VP finance

Interview Question – Read 10 Q first   Answer Question

IT Interview

IT
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covad Communications Group in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interviewer mainly asked about strengths and weaknesses and then it was fully technical interview. They sent all scheduled interviewers one by one and all had their specific strength areas.

Interview Question – What is your best skill ?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

Interviewed at Covad Communications Group

Interview Details – 1 Phone Screening, 1 Face to Face with hiring manager and another system administrator. Pretty straight forward interview that involved a lot of technical questions concerning Microsoft related products, system administration and networking. The hiring manager presented himself well, as did the system administrator. They both seemed to know the technology, which is important.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not have to negotiate, I got the salary I desired,

Worked for Covad Communications Group? Contribute to the Community!