Covance

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Covance in January 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process is lengthy. Questions are behavior-based and answers must be examples on past experiences. A minimum of 3 interviews and can take at least 1 month overall to complete.

Interview Question – All questions are designed for you to provide an example of a past experience.   Answer Question

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covance in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had applied online, was contacted by Covance recruiter after a couple of days to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for 30 min and the recruiter asked general previous experience questions. He reviewed my CV with me and asked me about my views on Animal research. After 3 days of interview I received an email of Face to face onsite interview invitation. They arranged my entire trip to New Jersey. I had a 4 hour interview with three different managers including a presentation. Everybody was very friendly and made me at ease before starting the interview. They all had a pre formulated behavioral interview questionnaire.

Interview Question – Any experience where you think you made a difference for the company?   Answer Question

Princeton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covance in August 2012.

Interview Details – Basic phone screen interview and in-person interview with three people (two in the office and one via phone). I also gave a presentation.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions. Be sure to answer in STAR format - give Situation of Task, Action, and Result   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Covance in February 2012.

Interview Details – I had a wonderful interview with HR. I was then phone interviewed by one of the managers within the group, which also went well. I finally had an in person interview, which consisted of multiple interviews, followed by a presentation I had to provide. The interview portion was the situational type questions, some were repetative, as they did not speak with each other ahead of time to determine who was going to ask what. They had to find folks to sit in my presentation, as they were not prepared enough to have anyone scheduled.
I was extremely disappointed to not get an offer for a position I was fully qualified for. To travel across country and have to spend so much time to put together a presentation was aggravating. It seems from someone I know there, they drive employees into the ground, so I am thankfull!

Interview Question – Situational type questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Covance

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covance Associate Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Covance employees and interview candidates.