Covance Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Site Initiation Kit Inventory Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

interviewed at Covance in August 2014.

I applied for the position online. I got an email from a recruiter for scheduling a phone interview. They asked me many STAR questions. I was told that it would take about 7 to 10 business day to hear about on-site interview. They also asked me basic questions, such as education, salary desire, starting date, previous job experiences etc.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions in general. The questions are not hard, but answering in the STAR format can be difficult.   Answer Question

DART Study Technician/Greenfield, IN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covance in July 2014.

First, I was sent an e-mail requesting for a phone interview. They asked me to post two times that would work best for me for an interview. They said to allow approximately 30 minutes for the phone interview.
    When I was called for the phone interview, they asked a couple of behavioral based questions. They of course will ask you how you feel about animal testing, and if you are affiliated with PETA or any other animal rights group. The one behavioral question that I remember her asking me was "Tell me about a time that you worked as a team, and tell me what your role was in that team."
    The questions definitely require some thinking, but don't get choked up thinking you have to answer right away, They send you an e-mail before your interview to let you know that the interviewer doesn't expect an immediate answer, it's okay to take some time to think about the question and come up with a good response.
    After the phone interview it took about two weeks and I was e-mailed to set up an on-site interview. At the on-site interview, they asked A TON of behavioral questions and the interview lasted about an hour. I did feel very comfortable with the two interviewers I had. They were very nice and I was able to joke around with them a little bit which helped me relax. They told me that I would hear back with an answer in about 3-4 weeks. 5 weeks went by and I didn't hear anything, so I went ahead and e-mailed the interviewers and then they promptly sent me an e-mail letting me know that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • There were a ton of difficult and unexpected questions. I advise everyone to look up some sample behavioral questions to get your mind brewing on situations that have occurred during your work experiences.   Answer Question

Study Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covance in November 2013.

Initial phone interview was nothing special. Recruiter was not very pleasant. Onsite interview was difficult, drove about two hours both ways and thought I did well but no offer. Never called me back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you saw a co-worker doing something they weren't supposed to be doing, and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Study Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

Received a call for a phone screening, interview a week later and then had two background checks. Never got a call back.

Clinical Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance in September 2013.

Initial communication was very poor. They had the wrong time and date in the email compared to initial agreement. interview went alright but all the questions were not relevant to the position in any way. Interviewer seemed to know nothing about the position I was being interviewed for. They also seemed to not know anything about the company either.

Interview Questions
    • The targeted selection or "Star" interview style is senseless. It just take away from what really needs to happen....a true interview!   Answer Question

I realized the people aren't the type that I want to work for.

Administration Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance in June 2012.

Two interviews - one with the lead and the other with manager of department. They use the STAR behavior style interview.

Interview Questions
    • They have a lot of ethics questions due to animal testing.   Answer Question

Sample Handling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Covance in May 2012.

I applied online and was referred by a current employee. I received a call from an HR rep from Covance for a short phone interview 1-3 days later. They asked general questions about why I applied, what I was doing currently for employment, etc. Also asked opinion on animal testing and if affiliated with an animal rights group. After phone screen, was told I would hear back in the next couple days (applied for a different position once with Covance, and it took 10 business days to get a rejection email). Heard back very soon and was offered an on-site interview. Was a panel interview and asked 6 Target Selection questions (situation, how you handled it, and result). Wanted very specific answers and examples. Mostly dealt with customer service situations. The two guys interviewing me were nice and made me comfortable, so it wasn't horrible.I had several questions for them prepared prior to interview, and I think that helped. Then I was given a tour of the lab (where I'd be working). After that was told it would be 2-4 business days to hear back, but was called the next business day with the job offer. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where, despite all your efforts and giving the customer what they said they wanted, the customer still was not satisfied.   View Answer
    Wasn't really given an opportunity to negotiate. If you wanted to negotiate, you'd have to be very proactive and forward about it.

All Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance in March 2012.

Use the STAR technique.

Interview Questions
    • Questions do not probe pertinent experience and favor external applicants because their work history and experience cannot be verified. Seems more concerned with how well you can tell a story or put on an act, rather than provide legitimate customer service.   Answer Question

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Covance in January 2012.

I was first contacted via telephone by a recruiter, who asked me a series of simple questions and set up a 1:1 interview for me. Then I went to the interview site as scheduled, where I was interviewed by two people. They both asked me personality questions and about my past work experiences. Afterwards, I took a tour in the space that I would be working in, got to speak with one of the employees, and ask my own questions.

Interview Questions
    • What skills and/or experiences do you have that would make you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

It wasn't a good fit for me.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Covance in November 2011.

I interviewed with someone from HR and it lasted for about an hour. This person was polite and friendly; however, she knew nothing about the actual position. The interview was very textbook. Questions asked included: job skills, weaknesses, strengths, why you want to leave your current position and salary requirements. Advice I'd offer to other canidates: have your resume in front of you because she'll ask a lot of questions about your job skills, and review basic interview questions, but don't waste your time with anything in depth.