Covance

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Informatics Modeling Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance in December 2012.

I first had a phone screening with a very nice HR person, asking basic questions, such as what salary I would want to earn, when I could start, and going over my resume and background with me. She also asked whether I would feel comfortable working for a company that tested on animals, which sort of threw me off. After the phone screening, I was asked to come into the office for an interview. This was four hours, talking with four different people. All the questions were behavioral based- the STAR method. No actual technical questions. Everyone was really nice and easy to talk to, and also gave me a chance to ask them any questions that I had. Examples of questions asked: Describe your biggest success and your biggest failure. Describe a time when more than what is reasonable was expected of you. Describe a time when you had to solve a problem, and how you solved it.

Interview Questions
  • During the phone screening I was asked how I would feel working for a company that tests on animals and what I feel about this. I was also asked if I have ever donated to animal charities or had anything to do with PETA.   View Answer

I wasn't sure how challenging the job would be, I had a bad conscience about what I had read relating to Covance and animal experiments, and I had another offer that may well be a better direction for me anyway.