Covance

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.9

Project Manager Interview

The recruiter first calls for a screen interview. If you pass this stage, then the hiring manager has an interview. If they are still interested in you, the process will continue such that you will meet and speak to a panel.

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary. Just want to know more about you based on what is listed on resume   Answer Question

Field Reimbursement Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

I had a pone interview and the company flew me out to their location. They paid for the round-trip airfare and hotel. There was three back to back onsite interviews and a presentation. One of the interviewers seemed cranky from the onset of the interview. The leadership was not very diverse and seemed to be putting on to mask there true feelings.

ITC Program Specialist Interview

Initial one on one interview at a jobs program for Veterans, then a phone screen, then an on-site final interview. The first two basically asked the same type of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a company which changes procedures often.   View Answer

I didn't get a good vibe from this company. No one was upbeat or seemed to enjoy their job. They all seemed stressed and looked tired/unmotivated.

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Covance.

I completed a phone interview with HR who asked questions:
    years of experience, phases, what's on form 1572. I later received an email from HR for phone interview with a Sr. CRA who asked definitions for all the phases in the clinical drug process and discuss a normal monitoring visit

Interview Questions
    • What are the all the standard of care drugs I worked on in oncology and name all logs for regulatory binder and what would you do if the a patient received the wrong medication.   Answer Question

Research Tech I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covance.

Got a call for saying they would like to reconsider my application and wanted to set up phone interview. Set up a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was basic and took about 15 min. Questions about past work/ school experience and when I would be able to start. No difficult questions asked just very basic questions about experience and what not. Was then told I would hear back in 7-10 days.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance in November 2014.

I have had two phone interviews and one in person interview. All behavioral questions. I prepared myself because I was told in an email the interviews were behavioral. Its been a week. I haven't heard if I was considered for the position or not yet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed at something and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covance in November 2014.

Process took about 4 weeks. Initially applied online and got a phone screen request the same day I applied. Got past that (took about 15 minutes), then was scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. The process was about half an hour and more of a "getting to know you" interview. Was scheduled for the onsite soon after (about a week) and met with a team of 3 people. Whole on site took approx. 3 hours.

Behavioral based interviews are used on-site - the questions are okay, fairly easy. I found the HR/Recruiting function very strange because they are not based at the Corporate Office; but outsourced to a third party in the Portland/Seattle area (red flag). The initial person who screened me was very good, but the Recruiter out of the Northwest seemed to be a little "discombobulated".

Overall, halfway through the interview I realized I didn't want the position but was polite enough to continue on (seems the fit wasn't there on the Covance side as well so it worked out the way it was supposed to;). I enjoyed meeting the hiring manager and the team but knew I wasn't going to leave New York to go to Princeton. Otherwise, nice team; Company seems a bit "backwards" and staff appears overworked and overextended (and the buyout by Labcorp makes it seem as if there is more volatility ahead) - but nice folks, and an overall positive interview experience though it is VERY odd to me how the Recruiters are based in the Northwest and are NOT direct Covance employees...

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance in November 2014.

I was first contacted by an outside agency recruiter to set up a 45 min phone interview asking basic questions about resume and 1-2 behavioral questions. Then I was asked to come into the office for a 5 hour time block to meet with about 5 different people in the department and one working remotely. The interviews were back-to-back with about 5 pages of behavioral questions each interviewer tried to get through. Finally I had phone interview for an hour with another manager. Long/arduous corporate type interview process- I don't think just using behavioral questions and STAR method was effective in capturing the totality of a candidate as well as any interpersonal traits.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had a conflict with co worker or project did not go your way.   Answer Question

CRA1 Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and after 45 minute screen was told a hiring manager would be in contact with me to set up another phone interview. I was later contacted and had a Skype interview with two hiring managers this process took 2 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Questions pertaining to my previous oncology experience. Asking what a 1572, stages and grades of tumors. What my daily job duties were and how I handle stressful and conflicting situations. Interview was using the STAR method. Study behavioral and situational interview processes.   Answer Question

Research Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance.

It changed while I was there. I doubt my experience will mimic that of anyone other employer. I was asked questions by two managers who were very nice. The interview wasn't too difficult. They then showed me around. I think they wanted to see me interact with the other employees.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected pertained to the almost inevitable comments you will receive from subjects trying to date you.   View Answer
    It was my first job out of college so I didn't negotiate much.