Covance

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.9

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Covance.

I completed a phone interview with HR who asked questions:
    years of experience, phases, what's on form 1572. I later received an email from HR for phone interview with a Sr. CRA who asked definitions for all the phases in the clinical drug process and discuss a normal monitoring visit

Interview Questions
    • What are the all the standard of care drugs I worked on in oncology and name all logs for regulatory binder and what would you do if the a patient received the wrong medication.   Answer Question

Research Tech I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covance.

Got a call for saying they would like to reconsider my application and wanted to set up phone interview. Set up a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was basic and took about 15 min. Questions about past work/ school experience and when I would be able to start. No difficult questions asked just very basic questions about experience and what not. Was then told I would hear back in 7-10 days.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance in November 2014.

I have had two phone interviews and one in person interview. All behavioral questions. I prepared myself because I was told in an email the interviews were behavioral. Its been a week. I haven't heard if I was considered for the position or not yet.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you failed at something and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Research Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance.

It changed while I was there. I doubt my experience will mimic that of anyone other employer. I was asked questions by two managers who were very nice. The interview wasn't too difficult. They then showed me around. I think they wanted to see me interact with the other employees.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected pertained to the almost inevitable comments you will receive from subjects trying to date you.   View Answer
    It was my first job out of college so I didn't negotiate much.

Senior CRA Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Covance.

Really thorough interview - lots of technical questions about experience in the field. The interviewers are the actual hiring managers and Sr CRAs who work in the role. They are serious about professional integrity and knowing your stuff. High standards - which makes it all the more compelling.

Interview Questions
    Quick and thorough. Really competitive offer - very impressed.

CRA II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

The process was a standard interview.... Basic questions asking about background and previous therapeutic areas. The caller seemed a bit disinterested. How did you hear about us? Why do you want to work here? Tell us about yourself?

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

A week after I submitted my application, I was contacted by a Recruiter to set up an interview date. I gave her a date and time, and she called me. We went over my resume and the job description for about 15min. She later called and I told me someone else will contact me to set up an interview date. Since the position was in Dallas and I was in MD area I was scheduled to interview with three people over the phone. The first person called right on time and the interview lasted about an hour. The second person never called so I contacted the recruiter and she told me she was going to find out what happened. The following day the third person called but she called about 30min late. She apologize and we went ahead with the interview. I did not hear anything from them for about three weeks so I reached out again to the recruiter and she gave me another contact. I emailed the person and the next day the person called to let me know the Managers have decided to go ahead and look for another candidate.
    The interview questions was all behavioral based questions. Study the STAR formula and you will do great.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to give up on something you had been working on forever?   Answer Question

Study Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Covance in October 2014.

Still in the interview process. I got a call from the recruiter promptly after i submitted my resume online. She arranged a call next day o get initial details about me. The questions were basic , about the company, animal research and my salary expectations. She said it would e passed on to the hiring group and i will hear from them in a week -10 days.

Study Technician I Interview

Applied online and received an invitation for a phone interview in a couple of days. After my phone interview I was asked to come on-site for a three hour in-person STAR style interview. Was told a month later after my background check cleared as a finalist that the position was open yet and that I would be placed on a list where they may or may not hire me in a few months.

Project Management Position Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Covance.

Applied online and a few days later received a call from an HR rep. to set up an "HR Phone Screening Interview". The interview lasted about 30 minutes and the HR rep. goes through a list of questions and types your answers for the hiring managers to review. The HR rep. was really friendly and provided additional steps after the screening call. I was terribly sad to find out I did not move forward in the process, but I would be happy to continue to apply at Covance.