Covance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online end of June, heard back in a week to set up a phone interview with recruiter. Recruiter said would pass my application on to hiring manager. One week later, hiring manager wanted to set up an on-site interview. Had a 60 minute interview early July, panel style with basic questions and it went fine. Was told would hear back on a decision in a week or so from manager. One month later, no contact. No response when I inquire with the recruiter assigned to my application. Really horrible way to treat prospective candidates. I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you have encountered in your research and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks to get the first interview. I got an email from a recruiter that was very nice until I had to speak to her over the phone. Perhaps my responses were too extensive

Interview Questions

• Behavioral type with 2 interviewers. Right off the bat, I felt thefirst person that spoke to me was in a hurry.   Answer Question
    • Did your strategies help your coworkers?   Answer Question

Standards Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

I applied online for this position which was based at Princeton, NJ. Got a cal from the talent acquisition manager the very next day. First round was a phone interview that lasted for about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• STAR Based questions, Salary expectations, Relocation, Travel etc   Answer Question

Program Specialist - Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was through the phone wasn't bad at all. I did well and they offered me the job but they requested an in state/in person interview which I couldn't do within the time frame requested because I don't live close to any of their three locations so I didn't get the job. If you can't make the in person interview, you won't get the job.

Regional Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Covance (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

There were two steps to the interview process after the online application: a phone screen and an in-person interview with two members of the project management team. The phone screen took place about two weeks after the job posting was closed. It consisted largely of a review of the resume/cover letter and reviewing recent work history and/or any applicable experiences. Two weeks following the phone screen, the hiring manager made contact to schedule an in-person interview at their offices. This interview consisted of a quick review of the resume then largely involved scenario or behavior analysis questions about previous work experiences and how they may translate to the prospective position

Interview Questions

• What was a scenario in your current position when you disagreed with a decision by your bosses and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Study Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance in June 2015.

Interview

A phone screen was requested by a nice HR recruiter by e-mail. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked a few question about my resume and a couple behavioral question. I was told my resume would be passed on to a hiring manager. It has been four business days so I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not meet a deadline or goal? What are your thoughts on euthanasia? Have you ever been a part of an animal rights group?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

First you will have to apply for the jobs online and if you have past CRA experience, you will be scheduled for a weekend phone screening interview. This screening is usually done by some random college student who knows nothing about clinical research and works part-time as a recruiter. Final panel interview is usually on skype with senior managers and recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Regular Questions in the phone screening- the person calling has a long checklist of questions. The person interviewing knows nothing about Clinical Research or Trials abd doesn't understand anything you utter which is beyond the answer checklist of key words he/she has been provided with.   1 Answer

Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance.

Interview

I first applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview I was selected to meet with management for a panel interview. The questions asked were behaviora in nature.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you experienced a conflict on the job and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Covance in May 2015.

Interview

Easy enough. Mostly behavioral questions and questions concerning my chemistry background. As far as background goes, strengths, weaknesses, how you are as a leader, that sort of thing. They specifically asked if I worked on a specific machine, which I did not. It did not stop them from offering an on-site interview.

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Covance in May 2015.

Interview

This was a phone screen. It is the first step in the process for Covance. It is a pretty low-key 10 to 15 min conversation where they just confirm you level of interest and previous work experience. They ask you directly if you have experience in the areas they are looking for (even if it is not on your resume). They also allow time for you to ask questions. I'd say that they are more knowledgeable about the answers than a company that is screening you for employment with a client, but I still get the feeling they do not have a really good idea about what kinds of candidate the powers that be want to hire. They pretty much just know what's on the job description.