Covance Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.9

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

Applied for an associate project manager position. Received an e-mail from HR 3-4 days later to set up a phone interview. Spoke with HR recruiter the following week. She asked general questions about my resume and why I think I'm a good candidate for the position. Recruiter then forwarded my information on to the hiring manager & said I'll hear in 7-10 days of their decision. Sent a follow-up e-mail to the recruiter the next day and didn't receive a response. Later that day I received a generic decline email from a different recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Asked what I thought about animal research and if I was a member of an animal rights organization.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source – interviewed at Covance.

Very relaxed interview, talked with multiple Sr.CRAs, PD, and managers. Very little duplication in questions asked - each area focused on a different aspect of the job. Also included some broad therapeutic related questions, regulatory, expectations for the role, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Routine type interview questions for CRA position -did not have any particularly difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Personal reasons

CRA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covance.

First you will have an over the phone initial interview with recruiter. The recruiter passes the information to the hiring manager. And, of he/she is interested you are called for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • They want to know your knowledge about the cra tasks e.g., what is a typical day for a cra   Answer Question

Study Technician - Pathology - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

It was an easy interview process. I think they used a STAR interview system. I thought the questions were pretty basic, and nothing too difficult or different to other interviews I have had in the past. However, the job was not exactly what I had thought it was discussed to be in the posting, the location was advertised falsely (to open the position to more individuals), and the pay was less than what I already make.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to make a quick decision, and explain your thought process.   Answer Question

As I said before, the location was not what I had assumed. Although I had no problem relocating, I was turned off from the job when they had advertised the location as being in Chicago, but the actual job was in Madison. I did the research before I interviewed, so I knew the job could not have been in Chicago, however, I had to ask before they told me it was actually in Madison. The position was, also, going to pay less than what I make now, and they were not open for much negotiation.

Lab Assistant II Interview

I had one phone interview, fairly easy. It takes forever for them to get back in touch. Im still uncertain what happened. It was a fast interview only lasting about 10 minutes

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked on a successful team and what was your role?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Covance.

First phone interview was mostly human resource information , finding out about your resume and questions about animal research and animal rights, and your view about it . Also wanted to know previous work experience and previous sales training. Second phone interview went more in depth about the company and the position (salary, travel, and what was expected)

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really get asked questions but waiting for star questions on 3rd phone call   Answer Question

DART Study Technician/Greenfield, IN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covance in July 2014.

First, I was sent an e-mail requesting for a phone interview. They asked me to post two times that would work best for me for an interview. They said to allow approximately 30 minutes for the phone interview.
    When I was called for the phone interview, they asked a couple of behavioral based questions. They of course will ask you how you feel about animal testing, and if you are affiliated with PETA or any other animal rights group. The one behavioral question that I remember her asking me was "Tell me about a time that you worked as a team, and tell me what your role was in that team."
    The questions definitely require some thinking, but don't get choked up thinking you have to answer right away, They send you an e-mail before your interview to let you know that the interviewer doesn't expect an immediate answer, it's okay to take some time to think about the question and come up with a good response.
    After the phone interview it took about two weeks and I was e-mailed to set up an on-site interview. At the on-site interview, they asked A TON of behavioral questions and the interview lasted about an hour. I did feel very comfortable with the two interviewers I had. They were very nice and I was able to joke around with them a little bit which helped me relax. They told me that I would hear back with an answer in about 3-4 weeks. 5 weeks went by and I didn't hear anything, so I went ahead and e-mailed the interviewers and then they promptly sent me an e-mail letting me know that they had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • There were a ton of difficult and unexpected questions. I advise everyone to look up some sample behavioral questions to get your mind brewing on situations that have occurred during your work experiences.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covance in July 2014.

The first interview with HR is comparatively OK. Only behavioral questions. But if u reach second interview all are technical questions based on your field. For this part you have to be well prepared and read.Not only what you know. You have to have broad knowledge about your field.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know specific mass spec software and for what project you used it?   View Answer

Dose Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

I applied online and received an email wanting to schedule a phone interview about a week and a half later. Questions were asked about my lab experience, thoughts on animal research, how I worked in a team, ect. Three days after the phone screening I received another email inviting me to an onsite interview. This was conducted with the head of the department and my would-be supervisor. The STAR process was used, so I had prepared lots of different examples from my past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interviewer asked how I felt about the use of animals in research. I knew what I wanted to say, but also looked at Covance's website to see their official stance on animal welfare.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. I was given two start date options and could choose.

CRA Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covance in June 2014.

Got two telephone interviews by the company. The first was maybe 10 min and easy, mainly to filter out if I make it to the second telephone interview. The second was about 25 min and a little more in depth, about my former experience and a lot of what if questions.
    I have to say, I do not like Telefon interviews and I guess I did not do good on that one either because I did not get an offer, but I would expect that the company at least write you an email to tell you yay or nay but they never got back with me.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your coworker does something unethical?   Answer Question