Covance

Average Difficulty
164 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Covance in June 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume I was contacted the next day by email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was two days later. Most of the questions asked were expected and typical interview questions. They also gave what salary and hours would be. There were several questions about animal testing.

Interview Question – Provide a situation where you had to learn a lot of complex information in a short amount of time.   View Answer

RN Level I Interview

RN Level I
Evansville, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covance in June 2014.

Interview Details – interviewed twice by two interviewers each session. they sent a nice rejection letter by email one week later.
the usual. we have hired a candidate which more closely meets our present requirements

Very Easy Interview

Program Specialist Interview

Program Specialist
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Covance in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got hired through Sedona staffing. They will hire anyone for this place since they go through on average 20 hires/fires a month. Went in and took some computer test that lasted about an hour, anyone who completed high school can finish it and then viola I had the job.

Interview Question – There were no interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase you are brought on a temp employee at a rate of 13 an hour/

Process Excellence Project Lead Interview

Process Excellence Project Lead
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Covance in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call from the HR in a couple of weeks asking to setup a phone interview. I had two rounds of Phone interview after which I was called for an onsite interview.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were situation based question. Many of the questions were just normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Dose Technician Interview

Dose Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Covance.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email wanting to schedule a phone interview about a week and a half later. Questions were asked about my lab experience, thoughts on animal research, how I worked in a team, ect. Three days after the phone screening I received another email inviting me to an onsite interview. This was conducted with the head of the department and my would-be supervisor. The STAR process was used, so I had prepared lots of different examples from my past work experience.

Interview Question – Phone interviewer asked how I felt about the use of animals in research. I knew what I wanted to say, but also looked at Covance's website to see their official stance on animal welfare.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. I was given two start date options and could choose.

Editor I Interview

Editor I
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Covance in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position online the first week of May, and was contacted to schedule an in person interview with in 4-5 days. I spoke a little with the woman on the phone, as well. I had my in person interview on May 14th, and it was one of the best interviews I've ever been to. The ladies I interviewed with really seemed to care about me and what I had to say; we laughed and joked the whole time. I interviewed first with the Head of the Department, and then the manager. I was contacted via email by someone in Human Resources that I had moved on as a Finalist and they were going to complete a background check on May 19th. This is where the waiting game began. Covance does their Background Checks through a third party, so they can take a long time. The first week after I was told they were doing the check they didn't even start, because someone was out of the office (understandable, it was Memorial Day Weekend-probably took a few extra days off). Even after they got back in the office, it took a long time, but they're a huge company. I was contacted on June 11th with an offer. They wanted me to start the following Monday, but I'll be starting two weeks after that so I can give my current place of employment notice.

Interview Question – Name a time you had trouble communicating and how did you deal with it? Relevant because a lot of the scientists can be foreign.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my start date for two weeks later so that I could give notice.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Covance in June 2014.

Interview Details – Spoke to a recruiter who passed my information to a senior recruiter. Spoke to senior recruiter who then scheduled me for a 2hr Skype interview with a Line Manager & Lead CRA. After interview I was told I'd hear back by the next day or two but it took them almost two weeks.

Interview Question – What are the 3 most impactful things you've experienced as a CRA.   View Answer

Study Technician

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Covance in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went to an open house through college recruitment network, and did a on site interview that secured me a second interview. Got through the second interview and went into final selection. The background check took a while due to the third party vendor as well as my international job experiences. Overall the people were friendly and the atmosphere was pretty relaxed.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions, although it is 2 hours worth of questions that some times repeats.   Answer Question

Security Guard Interview

Security Guard
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Covance.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by sit-down interview with both Security Manager and Security Supervisor. Had to wait 6 weeks for my background check to clear after the sit down interviews before I was offered a job. Then I attended orientation, which meant I started apprx 3 months after I initially applied.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, I was not able to negotiate.

Interviewed at Covance

Interview Details – I am still currently in the interview process but so far it has been straight forward. I had a phone interview with the recruiter over the phone with a variety of questions like why do you want this position? why do you want to work here? etc. And then I was called to have two face to face interviews.

Interview Question – What experience do you have related to this position.   Answer Question