Covance Program Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

8 interviews

2.8

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Covance in September 2013.

Got hired through Sedona staffing. They will hire anyone for this place since they go through on average 20 hires/fires a month. Went in and took some computer test that lasted about an hour, anyone who completed high school can finish it and then viola I had the job.

Interview Questions
There is no negotiation phase you are brought on a temp employee at a rate of 13 an hour/

Other Interview Reviews for Covance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Covance.

Used a third party Job Agency to do interviewing in the San Diego area, where it was explained that, the job was a "temp-to-hire" position, however, when I checked their website, there were plenty of full time positions available. My fear is they are cutting corners to get employees recruited and paying them at different levels.

They hire, based on what the Job Agency advised them of will supporting material in the form of: resume and test cores, consisted of Office, Excel, example email, and other such materials.

Interview Questions
    • All very simple. Just getting an idea of if you an do the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Covance in August 2010.

Interviewed with a panel of two program supervisors. Questions were pretty standard with a focus on predictive behavior. Examples: name a time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty, name a time when you saw someone do something unethical, name a time you had to innovate something, etc.

Non-negotiable.

Program Specialist Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Covance.

I worked for Covance as a temp for 3 months and then received an invite for an interview via the web. I was interviewed by 3 people at the same time. They asked questions regarding handling difficult calls and irate customers. They also asked how well I work under pressure and my future goals. They also wanted to know if I had any question that they could answer regarding the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was, "Tell us how you could make the company better."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Covance in February 2008.

Overall, it was a good process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gaithersburg, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Covance in January 2007.

The interview process started with a phone interview with a Manager in HR. She asked me basic questions about my past experience, questions about my resume, etc. After this initial interview, she told me I would interview in-person sometime the next week. I was contacted about the details of the formal interview. It consisted of filling out a behavioral questionnaire (all behavioral questions). After filling this out, I met with 3 different managers in varying positions throughout the company. First, a 1:1 with the HR manager that I had spoken with on the phone, then a Manager in the Department I would report to, and finally, the Vice President, and the Operations Manager, my Manager reported to.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe an experience where you went above and beyond your "job description," and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Please describe an experience that you feel you failed/made a mistake, etc. The steps you went to fix the problem caused, and the outcome. Please be as detailed as possible in the steps you used.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I knew what the salary would be upon my interview. If you want a higher salary that that offered, I would research other positions in the company that might offer a better salary.

Program Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Covance in February 2009.

interviewed with a panel of 3 managers after a telephone interview/screening. basic interview questions asking re prior experience and former workplace scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation and how did you resolve it?   View Answer
    • why did you leave your last job   View Answer

got a better offer.

Program Specialist Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Covance in January 2009.

Situational Questions. Don't try to be something/someone you're not.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to solve a problem. How did you do it? What steps did you take to solve that problem?   Answer Question

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!