Covance Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Covance in October 2012.

Had a phone interview with a recruiter who was, relative to other clinical trials recruiters, knowledgeable of the industry (and industry jargon). The recruiter said two weeks, I waited three with no response, sent an email inquiry, and then got an email to continue with an on-site interview from another recruiter. The process to schedule the on-site interview and travel to the HQ in Princeton, NJ, was very smooth.
During the on-site interview, I was scheduled to meet with three people--each successively more senior to the position I was interviewing for--and present on a topic of their choosing.
On the day of, the most senior member of the interview team was out on PTO, so someone who was in the same type of position as I was interviewing for, stood in for her. The first two interviews (with a Senior Project Manager and Project Director) were very smooth, standard behavioral-based interview questions, and very conversational.
The presentation, which I had assumed would be a formal presentation, was presented while seated and consisted of reviewing my PowerPoint slides with comments and discussion between myself and four other individuals--my three interviewers and a Project Manager in the Study Maintenance department.

Interview Questions
  • What has been your proudest accomplishment at your current employer? What was satisfying and dissatisfying about this?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Covance

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Covance in April 2011.

The process was very unorganized. People weren't available so I was shuffled around to (what it seemed) whomever was available. They didn't have very good questions and seemed to be making them up as they went along. Not sure how you evaluate across several candidates with this approach. They didn't seem to know what they wanted in the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was a project management scenario within the clinical space   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Covance in March 2013.

Applied on their website for a clinical project manager job, 3 weeks later had a phone call asking if I'd be interested in applying for a PM position in a different department. Set up a time to discuss the job on the telephone the next day but it was actually a HR interview. Face to face interview was scheduled for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Was expecting to just discuss the role during the first call, but had usual talk me through your cv, then a behavioural question regarding a difficult situation and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Covance in February 2012.

Company Human Resource Department was very slow to follow on after the initial submission. Felt like I was left in the dark. Poor follow thru, difficult application step to apply on line, no status during the initial application was made. Some room for improvement there on the website and follow up from HR.

Interview Questions
    • Question about past experience and where you wanted to go   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Covance in March 2011.

People were very nice and enjoyed their work. Be prepared for behavior based questions and give details for how you've handled situations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a time when you tried to make a change and your input was not considered. How did you react?   Answer Question

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!