Covance

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Covance in June 2014.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume I was contacted the next day by email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was two days later. Most of the questions asked were expected and typical interview questions. They also gave what salary and hours would be. There were several questions about animal testing.

Interview Question – Provide a situation where you had to learn a lot of complex information in a short amount of time.   View Answer

Study Technician

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Covance in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went to an open house through college recruitment network, and did a on site interview that secured me a second interview. Got through the second interview and went into final selection. The background check took a while due to the third party vendor as well as my international job experiences. Overall the people were friendly and the atmosphere was pretty relaxed.

Interview Question – Basic behavioral questions, although it is 2 hours worth of questions that some times repeats.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Covance

Interview Details – I am still currently in the interview process but so far it has been straight forward. I had a phone interview with the recruiter over the phone with a variety of questions like why do you want this position? why do you want to work here? etc. And then I was called to have two face to face interviews.

Interview Question – What experience do you have related to this position.   Answer Question

Chandler, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Covance in July 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough process, after a review from several managers and HR representatives I was given a tour. Then asked several more questions regarding personal values, moral standing and thought about animal research/testing.

Interview Question – Most difficult/unexpected question I would have to say was how a person would act during their person, non-work time when asked questions about what they do especially when concerning animal work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was easy. Most individual know what they want and are given reasonable flexibility.

Greenfield, IN

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Covance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview was nothing special. Recruiter was not very pleasant. Onsite interview was difficult, drove about two hours both ways and thought I did well but no offer. Never called me back.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you saw a co-worker doing something they weren't supposed to be doing, and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Covance in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a Study Technician position with Covance and received an e-mail about setting up an interview within a day of submitting the application. A phone interview was promptly setup within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail, and mostly consisted of personal/background questions regarding previous work experience, future goals, and feelings towards the study tech position. The labs in Madison (where the position was located) mainly focus on stage two pharmaceutical testing with animals, so there were questions related to this matter which included those posted below. Although I the recruiter stated that I seemed to have the proper qualifications and have my information passed on to set up an on-site interview, I never received a call back.

Interview Question – What are your thoughts about animal testing? What are your thoughts about animal euthanasia? Have you ever been, or are you currently, part of an animal rights or activist group?   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Covance in November 2013.

Interview Details – They were very prompt to call me back after submitting my resume and I found the HR department to be extremely pleasant. The initial phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and I felt like it was more personality based and why a person would be interested in working at Covance over another company. The 1:1 interview lasted about 2 hours plus a tour of the facility. The interviewers made it comfortable and made themselves easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Probably questions regarding past failures or the goals that were not reached.   Answer Question

Study Technician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Covance.

Interview Details – Very thorough, I believe it's called the STAR approach. I had a phone interview first, and then qualified for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was 3 hours long and was with 3 supervisors. After accepting the position, I was required to take a drug test and pass a background check.

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions, but in general, the STAR approach requires lots of examples of situations. It was difficult to think of different situations for each question, so be prepared with many examples to use while answering questions.   Answer Question

Greenfield, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Covance.

Interview Details – Received a call for a phone screening, interview a week later and then had two background checks. Never got a call back.

Interview Question – STAR interview method   Answer Question

Interviewed at Covance

Interview Details – I was initially contacted to conduct a phone interview. After completing this, I was contacted a couple weeks later regarding an in-person interview. After completing both, I was asked to submit release forms for various background checks. The overall process was laid back but very slow. The questions during the in-person interview were behavioral questions regarding events that have happened during my experience, as well as what-if questions in the future.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the near future?   Answer Question

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!