Covance Study Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Study Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covance in June 2015.

Interview

A phone screen was requested by a nice HR recruiter by e-mail. The conversation lasted about 20 minutes. I was asked a few question about my resume and a couple behavioral question. I was told my resume would be passed on to a hiring manager. It has been four business days so I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did not meet a deadline or goal? What are your thoughts on euthanasia? Have you ever been a part of an animal rights group?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Covance

Study Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application for the study tech. position in Pathology. The process began with a short phone screen where they asked about prior work experience and 1 or 2 STAR-based questions. Scheduled an in-person interview the next day for the next week. In-person interview took about 2 hours, sat down with 2 hiring managers and answered a series (approx. 5 each) of behavioral-based questions (STAR format). I would recommend sitting down and thinking hard about situations in academia or prior work environments when you were challenged or did anything with success so that you have an arsenal for these questions or they can be a little daunting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you showed initiative, describe a time when you showed leadership, describe a time when you had to adjust to your surroundings quickly, describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision, etc. (they get repetitive so have many scenarios at the ready!)   1 Answer

Study Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covance in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a week received a email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly basic. The questions were mainly about my beliefs on animal testing and euthanasia. I was passed on to a hiring group for a on-site interview. I'm still in the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Still in the interview process. I got a call from the recruiter promptly after i submitted my resume online. She arranged a call next day o get initial details about me. The questions were basic , about the company, animal research and my salary expectations. She said it would e passed on to the hiring group and i will hear from them in a week -10 days.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume I was contacted the next day by email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was two days later. Most of the questions asked were expected and typical interview questions. They also gave what salary and hours would be. There were several questions about animal testing.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation where you had to learn a lot of complex information in a short amount of time.   1 Answer

Study Technician Interview

Interview

I am still currently in the interview process but so far it has been straight forward. I had a phone interview with the recruiter over the phone with a variety of questions like why do you want this position? why do you want to work here? etc. And then I was called to have two face to face interviews.

Study Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covance in March 2014.

Interview

Went to an open house through college recruitment network, and did a on site interview that secured me a second interview. Got through the second interview and went into final selection. The background check took a while due to the third party vendor as well as my international job experiences. Overall the people were friendly and the atmosphere was pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions, although it is 2 hours worth of questions that some times repeats.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covance (Greenfield, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview was nothing special. Recruiter was not very pleasant. Onsite interview was difficult, drove about two hours both ways and thought I did well but no offer. Never called me back.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you saw a co-worker doing something they weren't supposed to be doing, and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Study Technician position with Covance and received an e-mail about setting up an interview within a day of submitting the application. A phone interview was promptly setup within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail, and mostly consisted of personal/background questions regarding previous work experience, future goals, and feelings towards the study tech position. The labs in Madison (where the position was located) mainly focus on stage two pharmaceutical testing with animals, so there were questions related to this matter which included those posted below. Although I the recruiter stated that I seemed to have the proper qualifications and have my information passed on to set up an on-site interview, I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about animal testing? What are your thoughts about animal euthanasia? Have you ever been, or are you currently, part of an animal rights or activist group?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in November 2013.

Interview

They were very prompt to call me back after submitting my resume and I found the HR department to be extremely pleasant. The initial phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and I felt like it was more personality based and why a person would be interested in working at Covance over another company. The 1:1 interview lasted about 2 hours plus a tour of the facility. The interviewers made it comfortable and made themselves easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Probably questions regarding past failures or the goals that were not reached.   Answer Question