Covance Interview Questions in United Kingdom

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Covance.

applied online, phone interview, group interview and then 2 sets of face to face interview

Interview Questions
    • was made to sit a programming test which wasn't mentioned in the invitation email where we were informed lists of activities.   Answer Question
    didnt have enough knowledege to negotiate

Study Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Covance in November 2012.

Two telephone interview followed by a panel interview with presentation.

The first telephone interview was carried out by a HR person and asked 'typical' phone interview questions.

The second telephone interview was between me and two heads of department. Technical questions were asked to understand the depth of my scientific knowledge.

The panel interview required a 20-30 min presentation followed by 10-15 min of questions. This was followed by three mini panel interviews where they focused both on my scientific and managerial knowledge. The questions were asked in the STAR format. The inetrview lasted four hours.

Interview Questions
    • No question as such but they wanted to know a lot of technical detail. I didn't know the answers to some questions but they didn't mind, and in fact said I would get full training.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation. They offered me a salary and used the 'Covance compelling offer' i.e. a pension and discount card to make it sound better.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covance in February 2013.

Application via website, uploaded CV and cover letter. Then 4 separate phone interviews using experience based questions (tell me about a situation where you did....)

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years time   View Answer

Cellular Pathology Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrogate, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Covance in January 2009.

First phone interview is short and not specific asking general questions why here your plans and salary expectations. Than intra department one with manager and one of the senior scientists. This one is definitely science based prep yourself in the subject of H&E and at least one of non standard staining techniques like PAS. Knowledge of full Histology process beginning with tissue selection, processing, wax embedding and staining will be your must if you want great first impression.

Interview Questions
    If you have an experience directly in that field you will get higher salary when asked for.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Covance in March 2013.

Applied on their website for a clinical project manager job, 3 weeks later had a phone call asking if I'd be interested in applying for a PM position in a different department. Set up a time to discuss the job on the telephone the next day but it was actually a HR interview. Face to face interview was scheduled for the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Was expecting to just discuss the role during the first call, but had usual talk me through your cv, then a behavioural question regarding a difficult situation and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Covance in September 2012.

30 minute HR Screening interview, 1 hour phone interview, a 1 hour face to face,by 30 minutes with a potential peer and one more 30-45 minute phone interview. 3 of the interviews used competency based questions.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Covance in July 2011.

Phone interview, group interview including short presentation from all candidates, 1 to 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Long term career goals presentation (seemed a big ask for a fairly junior role)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Covance in January 2008.

Takes 2 months in total, 3 interview stages, final interview is 3 women. One looking at paper, one asking you questions and one watching you. Unerving unsettling yet if you focus on the false easyiness they are trying to put you at it is ok. Just relax and listen to the questions. They questions are designed to see if you are 2 things. Obedient and willing. Thats all. Easy really.

Interview Questions
    • Covance is a great place to work. What will you do to make the experience of working here even better.   View Answer
    There are no negotiations.

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!