Covance

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.9

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Covance in October 2014.

Still in the interview process. I got a call from the recruiter promptly after i submitted my resume online. She arranged a call next day o get initial details about me. The questions were basic , about the company, animal research and my salary expectations. She said it would e passed on to the hiring group and i will hear from them in a week -10 days.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

Emailed for a phone interview. On site interview was set up 2-3 weeks afterwards. Interview comprised a tour of the laboratories and facilities and a long series of behavioral questions. Very tedious.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation in which an unexpected setback prevented you from accomplishing your tasks?   Answer Question

Study Technician - Pathology - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance.

It was an easy interview process. I think they used a STAR interview system. I thought the questions were pretty basic, and nothing too difficult or different to other interviews I have had in the past. However, the job was not exactly what I had thought it was discussed to be in the posting, the location was advertised falsely (to open the position to more individuals), and the pay was less than what I already make.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you had to make a quick decision, and explain your thought process.   Answer Question

As I said before, the location was not what I had assumed. Although I had no problem relocating, I was turned off from the job when they had advertised the location as being in Chicago, but the actual job was in Madison. I did the research before I interviewed, so I knew the job could not have been in Chicago, however, I had to ask before they told me it was actually in Madison. The position was, also, going to pay less than what I make now, and they were not open for much negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Covance in June 2014.

After submitting my resume I was contacted the next day by email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was two days later. Most of the questions asked were expected and typical interview questions. They also gave what salary and hours would be. There were several questions about animal testing.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a situation where you had to learn a lot of complex information in a short amount of time.   View Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covance.

Phone interview followed by sit-down interview with both Security Manager and Security Supervisor. Had to wait 6 weeks for my background check to clear after the sit down interviews before I was offered a job. Then I attended orientation, which meant I started apprx 3 months after I initially applied.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    No, I was not able to negotiate.

Editor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance in May 2014.

I applied for the position online the first week of May, and was contacted to schedule an in person interview with in 4-5 days. I spoke a little with the woman on the phone, as well. I had my in person interview on May 14th, and it was one of the best interviews I've ever been to. The ladies I interviewed with really seemed to care about me and what I had to say; we laughed and joked the whole time. I interviewed first with the Head of the Department, and then the manager. I was contacted via email by someone in Human Resources that I had moved on as a Finalist and they were going to complete a background check on May 19th. This is where the waiting game began. Covance does their Background Checks through a third party, so they can take a long time. The first week after I was told they were doing the check they didn't even start, because someone was out of the office (understandable, it was Memorial Day Weekend-probably took a few extra days off). Even after they got back in the office, it took a long time, but they're a huge company. I was contacted on June 11th with an offer. They wanted me to start the following Monday, but I'll be starting two weeks after that so I can give my current place of employment notice.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had trouble communicating and how did you deal with it? Relevant because a lot of the scientists can be foreign.   Answer Question
    I negotiated my start date for two weeks later so that I could give notice.

Lab Assistant II Interview

Process take about month

Process Excellence Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance in February 2014.

I applied online and I got a call from the HR in a couple of weeks asking to setup a phone interview. I had two rounds of Phone interview after which I was called for an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were situation based question. Many of the questions were just normal interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covance in November 2013.

They were very prompt to call me back after submitting my resume and I found the HR department to be extremely pleasant. The initial phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and I felt like it was more personality based and why a person would be interested in working at Covance over another company. The 1:1 interview lasted about 2 hours plus a tour of the facility. The interviewers made it comfortable and made themselves easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Probably questions regarding past failures or the goals that were not reached.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Covance in November 2013.

I applied for a Study Technician position with Covance and received an e-mail about setting up an interview within a day of submitting the application. A phone interview was promptly setup within 24 hours of receiving the e-mail, and mostly consisted of personal/background questions regarding previous work experience, future goals, and feelings towards the study tech position. The labs in Madison (where the position was located) mainly focus on stage two pharmaceutical testing with animals, so there were questions related to this matter which included those posted below. Although I the recruiter stated that I seemed to have the proper qualifications and have my information passed on to set up an on-site interview, I never received a call back.

Interview Questions
    • What are your thoughts about animal testing? What are your thoughts about animal euthanasia? Have you ever been, or are you currently, part of an animal rights or activist group?   Answer Question