Covance Interview Questions in Wisconsin

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.9

Study Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone interview, then followed by a 2 hour in person interview at the facility. Typical behavioral based questions that had nothing to do with the actual work you would be doing. Honestly the interview could have been half as long and more meaningful if they would tell you about the actual job. You will work quite a few weekends and have to work 3-4 of the 7 holidays per year. Application to phone interview-3 days Phone interview to inperson-7 days Interview to job offer- 2 weeks( they had to wait on the background check/drug screen)

Interview Questions

• Are you affiliated with any animals rights groups?   1 Answer

Study Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I was contacted for a phone interview a week later. The next business day I was asked for an on site interview. However, neither of the 2 HR employees I talked to new any details about the position. Since traveling to the site would cause me to miss two days of work, I asked if my questions could be sent to someone who could help, just to make sure I'd be comfortable with the expectations. Two days later, my interview offer was retracted with no explanation. This company does not seem to like people who ask questions!

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of how you work in a team/ how did you handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview. Asked about experience. Talked about where I worked before and what that company made. Asked standard HR questions. Asked about being part of teams that succeeded and failed, and what role I played on the teams and if and how I contributed to both the success and failures. Don't look for off the wall or out of blue questions. Like when I was asked my favorite NBA player of all time, at an interview for a quality chemist job.

Study Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Still in the interview process. I got a call from the recruiter promptly after i submitted my resume online. She arranged a call next day o get initial details about me. The questions were basic , about the company, animal research and my salary expectations. She said it would e passed on to the hiring group and i will hear from them in a week -10 days.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

Emailed for a phone interview. On site interview was set up 2-3 weeks afterwards. Interview comprised a tour of the laboratories and facilities and a long series of behavioral questions. Very tedious.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which an unexpected setback prevented you from accomplishing your tasks?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

It was an easy interview process. I think they used a STAR interview system. I thought the questions were pretty basic, and nothing too difficult or different to other interviews I have had in the past. However, the job was not exactly what I had thought it was discussed to be in the posting, the location was advertised falsely (to open the position to more individuals), and the pay was less than what I already make.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to make a quick decision, and explain your thought process.   Answer Question

As I said before, the location was not what I had assumed. Although I had no problem relocating, I was turned off from the job when they had advertised the location as being in Chicago, but the actual job was in Madison. I did the research before I interviewed, so I knew the job could not have been in Chicago, however, I had to ask before they told me it was actually in Madison. The position was, also, going to pay less than what I make now, and they were not open for much negotiation.

Study Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume I was contacted the next day by email requesting to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was two days later. Most of the questions asked were expected and typical interview questions. They also gave what salary and hours would be. There were several questions about animal testing.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation where you had to learn a lot of complex information in a short amount of time.   1 Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI).

Interview

Phone interview followed by sit-down interview with both Security Manager and Security Supervisor. Had to wait 6 weeks for my background check to clear after the sit down interviews before I was offered a job. Then I attended orientation, which meant I started apprx 3 months after I initially applied.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I was not able to negotiate.

Editor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covance (Madison, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online the first week of May, and was contacted to schedule an in person interview with in 4-5 days. I spoke a little with the woman on the phone, as well. I had my in person interview on May 14th, and it was one of the best interviews I've ever been to. The ladies I interviewed with really seemed to care about me and what I had to say; we laughed and joked the whole time. I interviewed first with the Head of the Department, and then the manager. I was contacted via email by someone in Human Resources that I had moved on as a Finalist and they were going to complete a background check on May 19th. This is where the waiting game began. Covance does their Background Checks through a third party, so they can take a long time. The first week after I was told they were doing the check they didn't even start, because someone was out of the office (understandable, it was Memorial Day Weekend-probably took a few extra days off). Even after they got back in the office, it took a long time, but they're a huge company. I was contacted on June 11th with an offer. They wanted me to start the following Monday, but I'll be starting two weeks after that so I can give my current place of employment notice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had trouble communicating and how did you deal with it? Relevant because a lot of the scientists can be foreign.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated my start date for two weeks later so that I could give notice.

Lab Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Interview

Process take about month