Covanta

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Covanta in September 2011.

Interview Details – I went in. The HR manager that met me was very friendly. I was actually late, but they didn't care because it was raining outside. They were very understanding. The interviewer really got technical, but I kept up and we had a good conversation. He looks at personality and knowledge.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. Just have a good understanding of the field.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was going into another field

IT Interview

IT
Fairfield, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Covanta in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was a little disappointing, as it was done through an email from HR contact. One on one interview was with direct report and went very well. He asked good, probing questions and it gave me a great opportunity to expand my thoughts and ideas on the position and how I could turn it into something good for the company and myself. The company is getting ready for a move to another city, so my overview of the current office is not valid, since that move is taking place shortly. I later sent a followup email to the Director and he responded personally with compliments for my articulation. I was very surprised he would take the time to send me anything except a "form letter" response. I am still in the waiting process to see if I will be called back for the second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What project lifecycle are you most familiar with using?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Wallingford, CT

The process took a day - interviewed at Covanta in April 2008.

Interview Details – easy - very nice people..paid internship

Interview Question – previous job experience   Answer Question

Worked for Covanta? Contribute to the Community!