Covanta

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Covanta

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Covanta.

Interview process was very straightforward. Set up a date and time a few days beforehand. Arrived at office for 1:1 interview which lasted about 30 minutes. Received an offer later that day.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions - 'name a challenge you overcame' 'tell me about your work habits'. Nothing out of the ordinary here.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morristown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Covanta in September 2011.

I went in. The HR manager that met me was very friendly. I was actually late, but they didn't care because it was raining outside. They were very understanding. The interviewer really got technical, but I kept up and we had a good conversation. He looks at personality and knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. Just have a good understanding of the field.   Answer Question

I was going into another field

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covanta in October 2010.

Initial communication was a little disappointing, as it was done through an email from HR contact. One on one interview was with direct report and went very well. He asked good, probing questions and it gave me a great opportunity to expand my thoughts and ideas on the position and how I could turn it into something good for the company and myself. The company is getting ready for a move to another city, so my overview of the current office is not valid, since that move is taking place shortly. I later sent a followup email to the Director and he responded personally with compliments for my articulation. I was very surprised he would take the time to send me anything except a "form letter" response. I am still in the waiting process to see if I will be called back for the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What project lifecycle are you most familiar with using?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

The process took a dayinterviewed at Covanta in April 2008.

easy - very nice people..paid internship