Coventry First

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Washington, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coventry First in November 2013.

Interview Details – They made me wait two weeks to even get to the interview process. Then they had me sit in the interview room for half-an-hour because they got the time and scheduling messed up.(yeah right). The lady was dull and only spoke with me for 15 mins even though I showed great enthusiasm for the position.

It's been two weeks later and I still haven't gotten a call or any feedback from the interview.

This company is a disorganized mess, with the HR skills of an 18th century factory.

Interview Question – If you were calling another insurance company to obtain information needed to valuate a policy and the representative said the information could not be disclosed due to confidentiality, how would your respond?   Answer Question

Any Position Interview

Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coventry First in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very disorganized, face to face interview , no professionalism at all. When interview are not planned out correctly from the start this is a red flag of looking to work for another company. I realized my skills in health care were worth more than working for a disorganized company.

Interview Question – Questions were basic.   Answer Question

Fort Washington, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Coventry First in November 2011.

Interview Details – Prior to the interview a math and verbal skill test was administered. Both were paper tests, two to three pages long and calculators were not allowed. The math test consisted of long multiplicaction and division, reducing a percent to its lowest fractional term, a compoud interest problem, a fill-in-the-blank series and comparison of lists to determine error checking abilities. The verbal test format consisted of a given word, which then had to be matched to one of the four choices of words with the closest meaning. Overall, the caliper of math and verbal tests were SAT level. The interview which followed was formal and mostly focused on my resume and how my skills would benefit the position. The only outlier question asked was "if you were calling another insurance company to obtain information needed to valuate a policy and the representative said the information could not be disclosed due to confidentiality, how would your respond?" In the end, the feedback I received from the recruiter was that my interview went well, however I was not made an offer due to my math test score. In my opinion, this is an unreasonable screening process because I am a former computer science major who graduated with a high GPA in Finance and presently am studying for the CFA; clearly my math knowledge extends far beyond solving basic math problems. Unfortunately, in this day in age with Excel and HP12c financial calculators it has been a while since I have solved basic problems with an old fashioned paper and pencil. My advice for someone interviewing with Coventry First for an analyst position is to research their business, which is the secondary life insurance market, and do some basic math review on kahnacademy.org.

Interview Question – If you were calling another insurance company to obtain information needed to valuate a policy and the representative said the information could not be disclosed due to confidentiality, how would your respond?   View Answer

Finance Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Coventry First in January 2010.

Interview Details – no initial phone interview. in person interview was fairly easy and straightforward. skills and personality tests, followed by meeting with several directors of the department. heard back through my recruiter, not the company.

Interview Question – strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coventry First in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview consisting of 2 tests (one a math/logistics and verbal/grammar and the other a personality test) and a one on one interview. Was notified next day that I was not a good fit for the company based on personality test.

Interview Question – Where do you expect to be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Coventry First? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coventry First interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Coventry First employees and interview candidates.