Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Coventry Health Care
- IT Project Manager (5)
- Case Manager (3)
- Senior Business Analyst (3)
- Supervisor Service Operations (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Manager (3)
- Business Analyst Consultant (2)
- Utilization Review Nurse (2)
- Associated Customer Communications Specialist (2)
- Associate Customer Service Spec (2)
- Applications Dev Consultant (2)
- Associate Technical Claims Specialist (2)
- Actuarial Analyst (2)
- Analyst (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Customer Service Associate (2)
- Service Ops Specialist (2)
- Senior Financial Analyst (2)
- Senior IT Project Manager (1)
- Senior HelpDesk Technician (1)
- Department Specialist (1)
- Director (1)
- Pharmacy Operations (1)
- Senior Actuarial Analyst (1)
- Data Analyst (1)
- Data Entry (1)
- National Account Manager (1)
- Human Resources Consultant (1)
- Human Resources Generalist (1)
- Senior QA Analyst (1)
- Declined OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Harrisburg, PA) in December 2012.
I applied on a Saturday and received a call the Tuesday following. This was the first mini phone interview. They scheduled another phone interview the next day that lasted 15 minutes. Afterwards I took a series of customer service tests via email and passed them. I was then scheduled for an interview at the company. This consisted of ALL behavioral questions from 5 different people, one being the Human Resources Lady I spoke to on the phone. It lasted about 2 hrs. I was told that I would get a call if I got the job or a letter if I did not. 3 weeks went by and you would think I would have heard something by now- no such thing. You would also think that "you did not get the job" so why are you complaining. Well I finally called Human resources back to get closure to be told I did not get that position but they wanted me for another position which was a temp job and they were giving interviews on Wednesday, mind you I called on Monday which gave me no time to request this day off. I don't know if this was a good thing or bad thing, but none the less I did not take the temp job as It was not worth it. They wasted enough of my time already.
Reasons for Declining
They offered me another position calling providers up about eft benefits, which means I have to sell product for them. I interviewed for inbound calls.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Harrisburg, PA).
I submitted my resume and was contacted within 2 weeks for a phone-screening interview with a recruiter for the company. The phone interview was about a half hour asking general questions- why are you looking for a job, what can you bring to the company, go through your daily routines. I was then contacted within one week after the interview for an in-person interview. I met with 2 people, would have been 2-4 people though. Went through my interview and asked basic behavioral questions- describe a situation where you overcame a problem, how would your co-workers/boss describe you in one word. The atmosphere was great and comfortable. The people were great and the interview was fun.
- What is the difference between a debit and a credit 1 Answer
The offer was more than I expected so I did not negotiate. I was able to start a week later than they asked without a problem.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Harrisburg, PA) in August 2012.
They are very candid on their offer,and willing to wait for me to make an informed decision.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Harrisburg, PA) in July 2011.
It was a job fair. There is no organization and it is easy to get lost in the commotion
- What makes you a good fit for this company? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2011.
Very conversational...manager had no clue how to interview.
- none really.... Answer Question
You can not negotiate...if you try, they just say no thanks.
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Coventry Health Care (Camp Hill, PA) in March 2009.
All interviews (3) were conducted by phone. The initial interview was with the Team Lead, and was pleasant and productive, and was set up in advance. I do find phone interviews to be a bit off-putting, but this was done well, and she was a pleasant person. However, the second contact was to be done by HR, within about 10 days, and instead it took over three weeks for them to get to me. Not scheduled, so I interviewed standing out in a grocery store parking lot. It was a pretty perfunctory interview, but I guess I passed. The third interview was with the area VP(?) (I think). It was scheduled, but I had had a long day and was not at the top of my form. I did not do so well there, I was asked more customer service oriented questions, which were hard to answer since that is pretty much dictated by company and department policies in my world.
- What would you do if the customer (client) was asking for an unreasonable change to the software? Something that was very specific to that client? 1 Answer
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review