Coventry Health Care

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Customer Communications Representative Interview

Associate Customer Communications Representative
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, just the basic questions about my experience.
Second I came into the office to take a typing and personality test. After I passed both test, I was set up for a face-to-face interview, I interviewed with HR and the hiring manager.

Interview Question – None, really just tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer, what did you do.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Learning Consultant
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview Details – Very good! They are very professional and do their due diligence in finding the best talent

Interview Question – Not really a question; but was asked to design a training program on the spot for them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Professional; offer...counter, acceptance.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in October 2012.

Interview Details – online application-ph interview asking question of why you think this job would be for you?
have you ever work at a call center? ect. Then you will be invited to come take a typing test 35 wpm to pass also you must pass the number keyboard test. Once pass you do three interviews all on the same day if you get two and are asked back often times you don't get the job.

Interview Question – There question are all about past experience of dealing with rude customers that are irate, and how do you over come that experience in a positive manor?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation they ask would the offer salary be enough on the first ph interview

Senior Windows/Active Directory Administrative Interview

Senior Windows/Active Directory Administrative
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in April 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online on 4/15/13. Recieved an email that they went with another candidate. Someone called me to schedule a phone screen on 4/18. Phone screened on 4/19 and had to take an online Behaviorial Battery test. Scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager on 4/22 at 11am. They called on 4/22 at 9 am to re-schedule on 4/24 at 12pm. Hiring manager called in and asked a bunch of questions about my experience with software I have never used. Him and I came to the conclusion someone messed up and passed the wrong info on.

Provider Contracting Specialist Interview

Provider Contracting Specialist
Sunrise, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online after a month or more I was called in for an interview with the Manager and Director. Very Casual interview. A couple of situation questions. More in style with the type of interview that I like. More so asking about your background and explaining the position and who you can contribute. I felt interview went extremely well. I am still waiting for a decision as it was just yesterday evening

Interview Question – No difficult question. What would you do if you did something that was incorrect and/or made a mistake on your job   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associated Customer Communications Specialist Interview

Associated Customer Communications Specialist
Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview Details – Very well had a intellegent manager conducting interview, he has since left company. But he was the best manager they have ever had. Drug test, application..Job was offered immediately.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Senior QA Analyst
Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in February 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial HR screening, then a very detailed personality assesment online test, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview at their Burlington, MA premises. Interviewed for about an hour initially with the hiring manager again, then had a panel interview with 3 other peers and slightly senior people.

Interview Question – Not a very technical interview; more about how I would handle inter-departmental conflict and issues around getting my work done. A lot of questions were around 'what if' business scenarios. Some SQL questions, but most other questions were very generic.   Answer Question

Supervisor Service Operations Interview

Supervisor Service Operations
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in November 2009.

Interview Details – I am a supervisor so this is a good questions for me to answer.

1). You will apply for the job through the company website

2). HR will call you to set up an interview if they think you will be a good fit for the job

(For some jobs, more entry level, you might have to take a test before being interviewed, such as a data entry test or customer sevice test, this information will probably be given in the job description)

3). You will interview with HR and the manager or supevisor of the departments same day

4). When going for the interview they will tell you a little bit more about the job and what they are looking for

5). They are looking for STARS. When you answer a questions they want you to be able to tell the Sitution/Task/Action/Results. Your rated lower if you do not give a full star, for example you don't tell them what action you took or what the result was.

The questions differ based upon the job you are applying for but typically its tell me a time or what would you do type of questions.

6). The STARS are important but based upon my experience supervisor and managers are trying to determine if you will be a good fit for the job. If you have the work experience, showing a positive and friendly attitude will go far.

Interview Question – Most questions are on the lines, "Tell me a time", same types of questions asked by most company's. Any unexpected Questions will come from the manager who wants to ask a question not on the list of questions given to us.

I have been asked why should we hire you, describe your personality in a few words.
  Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in April 2011.

Interview Details – The application process was lengthy but not intolerable. The actual interview process was considerably long considering most companies have three, maybe four interviews. Expect at least 4 or 5 interviews with repeating questions every step of the way.

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral, i.e.: "Tell me about a time you went out of your way to assist a customer; how did it turn out?" or "Tell me about a time you felt that you failed at something; what would you change about it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was a very smooth process and probably one of the best things about the company in general

Service Ops Specialist Interview

Service Ops Specialist

Interviewed at Coventry Health Care

Interview Details – They used the standard star procedure. Seemed to be looking for situation, actions, and the result. Pretty easy. Do your homework and read the job requirements and try to gear your response to mirror those.

Interview Question – Dealing with a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question