Coventry Health Care

2.7

Provider Contracting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Coventry Health Care in April 2013.

Applied online after a month or more I was called in for an interview with the Manager and Director. Very Casual interview. A couple of situation questions. More in style with the type of interview that I like. More so asking about your background and explaining the position and who you can contribute. I felt interview went extremely well. I am still waiting for a decision as it was just yesterday evening

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. What would you do if you did something that was incorrect and/or made a mistake on your job   Answer Question

Senior Windows/Active Directory Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coventry Health Care in April 2013.

I applied online on 4/15/13. Recieved an email that they went with another candidate. Someone called me to schedule a phone screen on 4/18. Phone screened on 4/19 and had to take an online Behaviorial Battery test. Scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager on 4/22 at 11am. They called on 4/22 at 9 am to re-schedule on 4/24 at 12pm. Hiring manager called in and asked a bunch of questions about my experience with software I have never used. Him and I came to the conclusion someone messed up and passed the wrong info on.

Service Ops Specialist Interview

They used the standard star procedure. Seemed to be looking for situation, actions, and the result. Pretty easy. Do your homework and read the job requirements and try to gear your response to mirror those.

No negotation

Manager Community Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Received a call from a recruiter within 3 days of submitting my resume. They set up a first phone interview with much urgency, scheduling within a week. It went well and they set up a second interview. That too went well, again with some urgency and a short time frame for a decision. After a final interview with a VP, I was told it was down to three candidates of which I was one. Weeks went by and the VP that interviewed me would not respond to my follow up calls or emails. Finally, after being told by her assistant that a decision would be made soon, my inquiries were forwarded on to the recruiter that originally contacted me. They informed me the position was offered to another applicant. The first Iinterview went well as did the second. However, the questions asked of me seemed too general at times and did not explore my qualifications for the position as thoroughly as I would have expected considering my extensive experience in directing similar iniatives on a regional and national scale.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Standard process - HR screen, Phone screen, phone with multiple VPs, formal in person hiring VP with presentation, informal person in multiple managers and PMs (6 or 7)

Interview Questions
    • None all very standard. Simple script provided by HR. Might have avoided these questions by having WOW presentation in which I sold VP on my ROI.   Answer Question
    None take it or leave it. Offer was reasonable.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care in February 2013.

Had an initial HR screening, then a very detailed personality assesment online test, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview at their Burlington, MA premises. Interviewed for about an hour initially with the hiring manager again, then had a panel interview with 3 other peers and slightly senior people.

Interview Questions
    • Not a very technical interview; more about how I would handle inter-departmental conflict and issues around getting my work done. A lot of questions were around 'what if' business scenarios. Some SQL questions, but most other questions were very generic.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Intern from college and hired on

not traditional

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Coventry Health Care in January 2013.

The overall process from the initial contact to the face-to-face interview was 2 months. There was a phone screen with very general questions but had some good input regarding the team structure and the specific area where they wanted to hire someone. The HR contact was very good, keeping touch as needed during the process.

The face-interview was scheduled at a strange time (5:00 PM), and of the 3 people that I was supposed to talk to only 1 was available (the phone screen and a person whose name was new to me and greeted me with a frown when I shook his hand). The new person asked all of the questions, including many non-sequitors like "are you saying you were a salesman in your previous role" as a senior project manager and commented "I guess you had a long Christmas break" when talking about the month of December after I left my previous job at the end of November. At that point I knew this person had another candidate in mind and were just going through the motions to avoid any good responses.

Interview Questions
    • From a budget perspective did you manage hours or dollars?   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care in January 2013.

I applied online. Several weeks later was contacted by an IT recruiter. It was a phone screening. Few days later I was asked to take a behavioral test online. After that I was set up with an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager. On the day the hiring manager called me and first explained what the expectations were for the candidate then asked me to explain how I fit the position. I was also asked questions like "tell me about a situation when you had to deal with an unexpected situation with a project and user and how you overcame it”. After the interview I haven’t heard anything. I called the recruiter and sent emails multiple times but didn't receive any response.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. I wasn't expecting a complete silence after the interview process.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care.

The interview was thorough and collaborative, meaning, I not only met with the hiring director, but also with several of the internal customers with I would be working. At that time, the emphasis was to build, from the ground up, a program that was new to the organization and the company seemed to embrace new ideas to accomplish their goals..

Interview Questions
    • What was my plan/approach to get people on board who are not necessarily open to the new program and may, in fact, be hostile   Answer Question
    Typical offer, counter offer & acceptance