Coventry Health Care

78 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Manager Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. Several weeks later was contacted by an IT recruiter. It was a phone screening. Few days later I was asked to take a behavioral test online. After that I was set up with an hour long phone interview with the hiring manager. On the day the hiring manager called me and first explained what the expectations were for the candidate then asked me to explain how I fit the position. I was also asked questions like "tell me about a situation when you had to deal with an unexpected situation with a project and user and how you overcame it”. After the interview I haven’t heard anything. I called the recruiter and sent emails multiple times but didn't receive any response.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. I wasn't expecting a complete silence after the interview process.   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview Details – Standard process - HR screen, Phone screen, phone with multiple VPs, formal in person hiring VP with presentation, informal person in multiple managers and PMs (6 or 7)

Interview Question – None all very standard. Simple script provided by HR. Might have avoided these questions by having WOW presentation in which I sold VP on my ROI.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None take it or leave it. Offer was reasonable.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview Details – Intern from college and hired on

Interview Question – Didnt go through traditional interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not traditional

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Senior IT Project Manager
Downers Grove, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in January 2013.

Interview Details – The overall process from the initial contact to the face-to-face interview was 2 months. There was a phone screen with very general questions but had some good input regarding the team structure and the specific area where they wanted to hire someone. The HR contact was very good, keeping touch as needed during the process.

The face-interview was scheduled at a strange time (5:00 PM), and of the 3 people that I was supposed to talk to only 1 was available (the phone screen and a person whose name was new to me and greeted me with a frown when I shook his hand). The new person asked all of the questions, including many non-sequitors like "are you saying you were a salesman in your previous role" as a senior project manager and commented "I guess you had a long Christmas break" when talking about the month of December after I left my previous job at the end of November. At that point I knew this person had another candidate in mind and were just going through the motions to avoid any good responses.

Interview Question – From a budget perspective did you manage hours or dollars?   Answer Question

Associate Customer Service Spec Interview

Associate Customer Service Spec
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on a Saturday and received a call the Tuesday following. This was the first mini phone interview. They scheduled another phone interview the next day that lasted 15 minutes. Afterwards I took a series of customer service tests via email and passed them. I was then scheduled for an interview at the company. This consisted of ALL behavioral questions from 5 different people, one being the Human Resources Lady I spoke to on the phone. It lasted about 2 hrs. I was told that I would get a call if I got the job or a letter if I did not. 3 weeks went by and you would think I would have heard something by now- no such thing. You would also think that "you did not get the job" so why are you complaining. Well I finally called Human resources back to get closure to be told I did not get that position but they wanted me for another position which was a temp job and they were giving interviews on Wednesday, mind you I called on Monday which gave me no time to request this day off. I don't know if this was a good thing or bad thing, but none the less I did not take the temp job as It was not worth it. They wasted enough of my time already.

Interview Questions

• What did you specifically do as far as making a mistake and how did you catch this before it got out of hand?   Answer Question
  • What did you implement in your last job and are they using this at the job now?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me another position calling providers up about eft benefits, which means I have to sell product for them. I interviewed for inbound calls.

Associated Customer Communications Specialist Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in November 2012.

Interview Details – Complete online application. Get a HR phone interview, then take a very easy typing test and if you pass it, have a in-person interview with hiring Supervisor or Manager. References will be contacted before any offer is made. Get a offer from HR by phone if selected, then a email written offer. Background check is then completed: work history and education.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you for this position? What attributes do you have or experience? What is your definition of teamwork? Success?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to get more but was told my offer was at higher level based on my experience. It was satisfactory, just feel you should always ask for more. You never know if you can get more.

Manager Interview

Manager
Bethesda, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview Details – The interview was thorough and collaborative, meaning, I not only met with the hiring director, but also with several of the internal customers with I would be working. At that time, the emphasis was to build, from the ground up, a program that was new to the organization and the company seemed to embrace new ideas to accomplish their goals..

Interview Question – What was my plan/approach to get people on board who are not necessarily open to the new program and may, in fact, be hostile   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Typical offer, counter offer & acceptance

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

Senior Actuarial Analyst
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in August 2012.

Interview Details – Through recruiter

Negotiation Details – They are very candid on their offer,and willing to wait for me to make an informed decision.

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in June 2012.

Interview Details – After applying for the position online, I was contacted via email within a few weeks to conduct a phone interview with the VP of underwriting. The phone interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and I was asked basic questions about my previous work experience and why I wanted the underwriting position. During the phone interview, 90% of the time was spent listening to the responsibilities and demands of the position. After the phone interview, the next step in the process was to submit an MS Excel test that involved basic formulas and equations. Finally, I was asked to come in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of two 45 minute sessions (first interview with one underwriter and VP, the second with two underwriters) where I was asked behavioral/fit questions. Both sessions asked the exact same behavioral questions.

Interview Question – 1. What is the most difficult thing you have done in Excel?
2. How much experience do you have with Excel and have you done work with pivot tables?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Department Specialist Interview

Harrisburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very conversational...manager had no clue how to interview.

Interview Question – none really....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can not negotiate...if you try, they just say no thanks.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coventry Health Care