Coventry Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.7

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

The interview was thorough and collaborative, meaning, I not only met with the hiring director, but also with several of the internal customers with I would be working. At that time, the emphasis was to build, from the ground up, a program that was new to the organization and the company seemed to embrace new ideas to accomplish their goals..

Interview Questions

• What was my plan/approach to get people on board who are not necessarily open to the new program and may, in fact, be hostile   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical offer, counter offer & acceptance

Associate Customer Service Spec Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Harrisburg, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied on a Saturday and received a call the Tuesday following. This was the first mini phone interview. They scheduled another phone interview the next day that lasted 15 minutes. Afterwards I took a series of customer service tests via email and passed them. I was then scheduled for an interview at the company. This consisted of ALL behavioral questions from 5 different people, one being the Human Resources Lady I spoke to on the phone. It lasted about 2 hrs. I was told that I would get a call if I got the job or a letter if I did not. 3 weeks went by and you would think I would have heard something by now- no such thing. You would also think that "you did not get the job" so why are you complaining. Well I finally called Human resources back to get closure to be told I did not get that position but they wanted me for another position which was a temp job and they were giving interviews on Wednesday, mind you I called on Monday which gave me no time to request this day off. I don't know if this was a good thing or bad thing, but none the less I did not take the temp job as It was not worth it. They wasted enough of my time already.

Interview Questions

• What did you specifically do as far as making a mistake and how did you catch this before it got out of hand?   Answer Question
    • What did you implement in your last job and are they using this at the job now?   Answer Question

They offered me another position calling providers up about eft benefits, which means I have to sell product for them. I interviewed for inbound calls.

Associated Customer Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Tampa, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Complete online application. Get a HR phone interview, then take a very easy typing test and if you pass it, have a in-person interview with hiring Supervisor or Manager. References will be contacted before any offer is made. Get a offer from HR by phone if selected, then a email written offer. Background check is then completed: work history and education.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for this position? What attributes do you have or experience? What is your definition of teamwork? Success?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to get more but was told my offer was at higher level based on my experience. It was satisfactory, just feel you should always ask for more. You never know if you can get more.

IT Senior Project Manager Applications Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

(1) phone interview w/ HR and (1) phone interview with the hiring manager and a rush to get me into their office for a face-2-face w/ the Hiring Mgr and (2) Directors. Which was a complete waste of time and a joke.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just canned / situational questions w/ Hiring Mgr and (2) Directors of low caliber, expertise and no vision.   1 Answer

Senior Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online, got call from HR after 2 weeks:-
    a) The process started with HR interview for 30 mins.
    b) She than ask me to fill online Q're contain bunch of behavioural questions.
    c) Third step was an interview with technical team, most of the questions were related to why particular technolgy has been used in current project, architecture, few design pattern related questions and few related to production deployment, clustering, session replication and all.
    d) Fourth step was interview with hirng namager, most of the question again are behavioral, or like what is the biggest technical issue you have solved.
    e) Finally got a offer from HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation as they pay what i ask

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Coventry Health Care in October 2012.

Interview

online application-ph interview asking question of why you think this job would be for you?
    have you ever work at a call center? ect. Then you will be invited to come take a typing test 35 wpm to pass also you must pass the number keyboard test. Once pass you do three interviews all on the same day if you get two and are asked back often times you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• There question are all about past experience of dealing with rude customers that are irate, and how do you over come that experience in a positive manor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation they ask would the offer salary be enough on the first ph interview

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted within 2 weeks for a phone-screening interview with a recruiter for the company. The phone interview was about a half hour asking general questions- why are you looking for a job, what can you bring to the company, go through your daily routines. I was then contacted within one week after the interview for an in-person interview. I met with 2 people, would have been 2-4 people though. Went through my interview and asked basic behavioral questions- describe a situation where you overcame a problem, how would your co-workers/boss describe you in one word.

The atmosphere was great and comfortable. The people were great and the interview was fun.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a debit and a credit   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was more than I expected so I did not negotiate. I was able to start a week later than they asked without a problem.

Sales & Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Columbia, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

I initially applied for this position online. About 2-3 weeks later I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview was somewhat brief. We discussed the duties of the position and the interviewer asked a set of qualification questions. After that I was scheduled an in-person interview at the Columbia, MD office.

The interview lasted about an hour long. The interviewer didn't know much about the position but went into great detail about the company and her role. She asked a large amount of questions. The basic questions being what are you strengths/weaknesses? If I was to call your previous supervisor what would he/she say about you? What is your most difficult situation to work in? Why would I hire you as opposed to internal applicants? etc.

At the conclusion of the interview, the interviewer gave me a brief tour of the office and her business card. She ended by saying, "I'll definitely be in touch with you." After sending a Thank you email and following up with the interviewer 2-3 weeks after the interview, she said she was still in the process of interviewing applicants and I have not heard from her or any representative from the company since then. It's been almost three months.

This company lacks the professionalism and decency to notify candidates (especially those who have made it to in-person interviews) of their applicant status. As an active interviewer, I had to forget this "perfect" interview and accepted a position elsewhere without bothering to notify the company. If you interview with this company, DO NOT hold your breath and assume they will notify you of whether or not you were selected for the position. CONTINUE to interview with other companies! This should go for all companies, but the lack of communication made my experience with this company horrible! And this comes from a person who accepts rejection very well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a circumstance in which you had the most difficulty performing a work task.   Answer Question

Senior HelpDesk Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2012.

Interview

First was a phone screening with Eva verifying the info on my Resume. Took about 30 minutes. Evidently she liked my experience and work history because she then asked me if I could take a "Career Battery" online. Of course, I said yes. They want you to take it within 3 days.

The Career Battery takes 60-90 minutes and quite honestly, when I saw it I immediately knew I didn't want to work for Coventry. They let a computer program do all of their hiring for them. The "Battery" asked questions that were extremely subjective with multiple, plausible answers. I had taken these tests before and in my opinion they completely take the human element out of the hiring process.

The following day, I got an impersonal email saying they didn't want me, essentially. The fact that they let a software program determine who qualifies for an "in-person" interview projects a cold, robotic, impersonal organization. After reading some of the reviews here on Glassdoor, I'm not bothered that they passed on me.

Interview Questions

• The Career Battery is pointless. It contained questions with multiple correct or feasible answers and the wording or phrasing of the questions was somewhat confusing. I consider myself well versed in the English language and I found myself asking, "what is it that they want to know?"   1 Answer

Manager - IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Coventry Health Care (Cranberry Twp, PA).

Interview

Behavioral Interview Questions. Tell me about a time when you ..... Looking for real situations you faced and how you dealt with them.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected or difficult questions. As long as you have examples to draw on from your past experience you are fine.   Answer Question