Coventry Health Care

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Coventry Health Care.

Interview Details – Standard process - HR screen, Phone screen, phone with multiple VPs, formal in person hiring VP with presentation, informal person in multiple managers and PMs (6 or 7)

Interview Question – None all very standard. Simple script provided by HR. Might have avoided these questions by having WOW presentation in which I sold VP on my ROI.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None take it or leave it. Offer was reasonable.

West Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in August 2011.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with the HR Recruiter, followed by an in person interview. Interview was scheduled as a panel interview however the hiring manager was dragged into an important meeting, ended up being a 1:1 interview. From the start of the interview, it was uncomfortable. I was waiting in the lobby, and the second interview manager opened the door and didn’t greet me, just told me to up come up the stairs. It was little awkward, not much talk during the walk to the office. While I was answering her questions during the interview, she would cover her piece of paper so I couldn’t see what she was writing down. I’ve NEVER seen that behavior in an interview, she made it so obvious. Interview was about an hour long of standard example questions. After the interview, I emailed her thanking her, and within an hour received an automated ‘thank you for applying – were going with other candidates’ email. I emailed the HR recruiter, thanking her for setting up the interview, and pretty much asking why I didn’t receive the offer or what I can do to better my interview, and I received a reply that she couldn’t answer that. I felt the hiring manager made a decision based off of her first impression of me sitting in the lobby.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you.....blah blah!   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coventry Health Care in September 2007.

Interview Details – I attended an on-site job fair and had two "on the spot" in-person interviews, one with a manager from the department I eventually was hired in to, and one with a senior HR manager. The job fair was pretty well run, though I may have lucked out by registering in advance. After the job fair, I received a few phone calls from HR "screener" types, and finally had a conference-call interview with my hiring manager about two weeks after the job fair. Everyone seemed very friendly and enthusiastic about the work, though I did find it strange that nobody seemed to know what project I'd be assigned to, and I also didn't have the opportunity to speak with / meet any of my team-mates. If I had it to do over again, I would really insist on that - turns out that my team lead and the PM hated each other, and the first couple months on the job were pretty miserable (then the team lead was fired, and things got better).

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to get them to go higher than their initial offer, which should have been a sign to me... If I had it to do over again, I would have called the hiring manager directly to talk about it, instead of sticking with the HR person who had called me with the offer - she really wanted to hire me, and it sucked to find out later that she could have done better.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Coventry Health Care

Worked for Coventry Health Care? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Coventry Health Care Senior Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Coventry Health Care employees and interview candidates.