Coverity Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Coverity in July 2014.

Applied online and got an email from the recruiter within a week for scheduling a 30 min phone screen with the recruiter followed by 45 min technical phone screen with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, mostly technical questions were based on the things mentioned on the resume   Answer Question

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coverity in January 2014.

First phone screening was non technical interview: The director of the department called me and explained about the company work and the software his teams are working on. Then he asked almost similar questions about me, about my previous company, the team I was working with and the projects. It was a nice discussion about the technologies that I worked on and the functionality of my projects. : Got a email for second phone screening (technical interview)

Second phone screening: All technical java questions including one word answers and related to my past work. Also asked to develop a algorithm to find a tricky solution.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: In technical phone screening he asked me why I took a specific class in my MS.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Coverity in September 2009.

Technical phone screen followed by in person interview with four to eight people. Technical questions about programming background and depth of understanding of software engineering and coding C/C++ and Java in particular.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining multithreaded programming and possible bugs around imperfect implementation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Coverity in June 2013.

I applied to this position online, and invited to a WebEx interview after 1.5 month. The WebEx system did not work well (I'm using Linux and I cannot share my screen), so mostly we talked through phone and I sent my code to the interviewer via email afterwards. No further response after a month.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coverity in June 2013.

Started with contact from company recruiter to set up phone interview with hiring manager (C/V level). At end of first interview, C/V level executive asked me to move forward with peer VP interview and also with CEO. Those next steps were never scheduled. I had to do the follow up to move the process forward. Eventually, I got a form letter reply from recruiter saying they hired another candidate.

The professionalism of those I spoke with is suspect. All candidates should interview with eyes wide open, ask hard questions, and do not let the hiring manager off before the next step is committed to the calendar. That I had to follow up to close the loop indicates lack of accountability from top to bottom. When execs set expectations, and fail to deliver, it casts doubt on their credibility - 100% essential to be effective.

Tools Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Coverity.

Phone interview was about being able to provide logic to the questions.
    On-site interview was with 5 people, each of them had few theoretical questions, algorithm and data structure. One of them asked design question

Lead Generation Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Coverity in October 2012.

I had a phone interview with recruiter and a phone interview with hiring manager and 3 individuals who interviewed me in-person. If you pass the first in-person interview then you move on to the meet CEO and upper management staff. Anyhow, I did a presentation in front of my interviewers and still didn't get to move forward in the process. What a waste of time! I realized no matter how you impress people with an interview they look at what's on paper and experience. Bad experience. People seem to be nice though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Coverity in February 2011.

hiring manager called me on phone and asked some prior experience related question. then some technical questions. i answered most of them which leads to my onsite. the onsite is pretty tough, it take a whole day and I have to met 10 different people foa various questions

Interview Questions
    • given a rubi's cube, modle the cube to a class and write solve function.   Answer Question

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Coverity in January 2010.

This was one of the hardest interviews that I have been through. It consisted of interviews with about 7 different people, all asking the same questions and me repeating myself over and over. Everyone from the CFO, current receptionist, to 2 HR people interviewed me. I just felt like this was overkill. They could have at least had two people in the interview at a time, instead of wasting 4 hours of my life.

Overall, I think that they need someone in their HR department that specializes in interviews and then maybe one or two more people interviewing.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coverity in January 2011.

Recruiter qualified me with relevant industry experience and set up follow on interview with hiring manager within one week. Hiring manager was okay interviewer with about 2-3 years experience at company after being hired from non-related company or background. He did keep asking what my favorite deal or company was in the past and he wanted to me to tell him my "story".

Interview Questions
    • Very open ended question of, tell me your "story" (regarding experience & background).   View Answer

Worked for Coverity? Contribute to the Community!