Coverity

Relevance Date Difficulty

Java Engineer Interview

Java Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Coverity in January 2014.

Interview Details – First phone screening was non technical interview: The director of the department called me and explained about the company work and the software his teams are working on. Then he asked almost similar questions about me, about my previous company, the team I was working with and the projects. It was a nice discussion about the technologies that I worked on and the functionality of my projects. : Got a email for second phone screening (technical interview)

Second phone screening: All technical java questions including one word answers and related to my past work. Also asked to develop a algorithm to find a tricky solution.

Interview Question – Unexpected: In technical phone screening he asked me why I took a specific class in my MS.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Coverity in September 2009.

Interview Details – Technical phone screen followed by in person interview with four to eight people. Technical questions about programming background and depth of understanding of software engineering and coding C/C++ and Java in particular.

Interview Question – Explaining multithreaded programming and possible bugs around imperfect implementation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online - interviewed at Coverity in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to this position online, and invited to a WebEx interview after 1.5 month. The WebEx system did not work well (I'm using Linux and I cannot share my screen), so mostly we talked through phone and I sent my code to the interviewer via email afterwards. No further response after a month.

Interview Question – Convert int to c-string.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Coverity in June 2013.

Interview Details – Started with contact from company recruiter to set up phone interview with hiring manager (C/V level). At end of first interview, C/V level executive asked me to move forward with peer VP interview and also with CEO. Those next steps were never scheduled. I had to do the follow up to move the process forward. Eventually, I got a form letter reply from recruiter saying they hired another candidate.

The professionalism of those I spoke with is suspect. All candidates should interview with eyes wide open, ask hard questions, and do not let the hiring manager off before the next step is committed to the calendar. That I had to follow up to close the loop indicates lack of accountability from top to bottom. When execs set expectations, and fail to deliver, it casts doubt on their credibility - 100% essential to be effective.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Tools Engineer Interview

Tools Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Coverity.

Interview Details – Phone interview was about being able to provide logic to the questions.
On-site interview was with 5 people, each of them had few theoretical questions, algorithm and data structure. One of them asked design question

Interview Question – Questions were not very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Lead Generation Representative Interview

Lead Generation Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Coverity in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with recruiter and a phone interview with hiring manager and 3 individuals who interviewed me in-person. If you pass the first in-person interview then you move on to the meet CEO and upper management staff. Anyhow, I did a presentation in front of my interviewers and still didn't get to move forward in the process. What a waste of time! I realized no matter how you impress people with an interview they look at what's on paper and experience. Bad experience. People seem to be nice though.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Coverity in February 2011.

Interview Details – hiring manager called me on phone and asked some prior experience related question. then some technical questions. i answered most of them which leads to my onsite. the onsite is pretty tough, it take a whole day and I have to met 10 different people foa various questions

Interview Question – given a rubi's cube, modle the cube to a class and write solve function.   Answer Question

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Interview

Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Coverity in January 2010.

Interview Details – This was one of the hardest interviews that I have been through. It consisted of interviews with about 7 different people, all asking the same questions and me repeating myself over and over. Everyone from the CFO, current receptionist, to 2 HR people interviewed me. I just felt like this was overkill. They could have at least had two people in the interview at a time, instead of wasting 4 hours of my life.

Overall, I think that they need someone in their HR department that specializes in interviews and then maybe one or two more people interviewing.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Coverity in January 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter qualified me with relevant industry experience and set up follow on interview with hiring manager within one week. Hiring manager was okay interviewer with about 2-3 years experience at company after being hired from non-related company or background. He did keep asking what my favorite deal or company was in the past and he wanted to me to tell him my "story".

Interview Question – Very open ended question of, tell me your "story" (regarding experience & background).   View Answer

Sales Operations Interview

Sales Operations
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Coverity in April 2009.

Interview Details – Met with members of the senior management team, including the CEO. No trick questions (at least not for my job role). Mostly interested in previous experience and what my approach would be to solve business problems. There was plenty of opportunity to ask follow-up questions with my hiring manager after the 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – If the company wanted to focus its marketing efforts to be more targeted to specific vertical markets, how would you measure whether or not the changes the marketing team was making was having an impact? How could you test the effectiveness? What leading indicators would you look at in order to decide whether course correction was necessary?   Answer Question

Worked for Coverity? Contribute to the Community!