Covidien Interview Questions in Boulder, CO

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Sustaining Product Investigation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter posting information to my College. It was an on-site interview before Thanksgiving day. I interviewed with three different employees. One should be the program manager who introduced the position details and asked about troubleshooting experience, one should be a program manager from another department who introduced the RMS division and ask about my problem solving skills based on my experience stated on resume, and the last should be an senior engineer who gave me a certain problem case in circuit diagram and asked me to do the failure analysis.

Interview Questions

• Describe your recent problem/trouble solving procedures.   Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Very relaxed process. I had applied in the winter for a position and didn't hear anything until of March. I received an email directly from my potential supervisor asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I waited about two weeks until the position was offered to me.

Know the material on your resume. If you make it to the phone interview, then it's most likely only between you and a few other candidates, as they have a lot of options for interns, which means they must have liked something on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Know your resume and all ancillary questions regarding information within it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you have leverage, i.e. another job lined up, then negotiate.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

The process started with an initial phone interview followed by in-person interview with multiple engineers. They provided a tour of the facility and questions were not overly difficult. The work environment seemed a bit formal compared to other companies I had worked at, due to the dress code. Employees aren't supposed to wear blue jeans and dress fancy.

Interview Questions

• There were some typical technical questions about projects I had worked on and basic concepts of software engineering   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

An HR rep reached out to me and asked about my background and a couple of typical interview questions. This initial contact lasted about 30 minutes. Next she set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager about one week later. This lasted about one hour and consisted of typical behavioral questions. I had one more phone interview the next day with the other Sr. Supply Chain Manager with the same behavioral format.

About a week after my phone interview I was contacted to set up an on-site. This was about a half-day affair. I met with both Sr. Supply Chain Managers (including the hiring manager), two Sr. Supply Chain Planners (one was a lunch interview), and a Global Marketing Manager. Each interview was about an hour long and very casual. They asked some behavioral questions, but you could just as easily ask them questions the whole time. My impression was that if you made it that far, they already thought you could do the job, they just wanted to make sure you meshed well with the team.

I received an offer about a week after my final on-site. Overall a very positive experience. Great people at the Boulder offices.

Interview Questions

• You are young and new to supply chain. The planners at the plant will think that you work for them, but you also need to get your own priorities managed. How will you build respect with people at the plant?   Answer Question

I received another offer for a somewhat different role in Seattle. I did not have any issue with their offer or benefits, the decision ended up being fairly family-centric and a move out of state seemed right for us.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Set up a phone interview after an initial screening to speak with the hiring manager. The hiring manager did not call at the scheduled time. This happened twice, and the recruiter did little to help/explain the issue with lack of organization or reschedule the interview.

Firmware Optimization Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

1st round - Phone Screen
    General questions based on the resume, interests and experience

2nd Round - Onsite Interview
    It was a technical round with the Hiring manager and the lead of the team which had an opening. It was a different interview than I had expected. No programming tests. Only questions regarding the projects I had done and Optimization questions and a few optimization riddles to find out the way in which I approached those riddles.

Interview Questions

• It was the most unexpected part of the interview where they asked me few riddles to test the way in which I approach problems.   Answer Question

Operation Excellence Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through Society of Women Engineers (SWE) website. Initial interview was with in-house recruiter. Phone interview with Factory Manager followed. Two months later I was flown out for a on site interview. Day consisted of one on one interview with HR manager, panel interviews with my managers direct reports(Material Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Supervisors Manager. I had lunch with the Factory Manager(who would be my boss). After lunch, final panel interview with my factory manager's peer and my direct peer in another focused factory. Recruiter kept in touch with me throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle/prioritize all the different tasks required for this position?   1 Answer

I declined due to getting another job offer three days later for substantially more money.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO).

Interview

My experience included meeting with the hiring manager first. This went fine and I was asked to come back to meet with the team. This was a series of individual interviews with 5 people, including the hiring manager, and it lasted nearly 4 hours. Each person had a list of typed up questions and most of the time was spent with the interviewer asking these questions. It was two months after I completed the application before I was contacted for an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what task in the job description was something I was not looking forward to or excited about doing?   1 Answer

R&D Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

Thorough

Negotiation

Good

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted within about a week of submitting an online application and subsequently scheduled a phone interview. Both the recruiter and the interviewer were very polite and friendly. The phone interview was with an engineer that would also be working on the project. The interview was fairly informal and mostly just consisted of reviewing my resume and allowing my elaborate on certain points. I followed up on the interview approximately two weeks later and was informed that the job description had changed and they were now looking for software engineering backgrounds rather than physics backgrounds.