Covidien

Getting the Interview

127 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

R&D Intern - Innovation Management Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – I applied online, received an invite to an Intern Symposium on site within a week. At the event, we were able to talk to teams and hiring managers and drop off resumes. Within a week, I received a request for a video conferencing final-round interview with one of the teams that I had talked to.

Interview Question – Have you worked with anyone you didn't like and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Quality Tech II Interview

Boulder, CO

I applied online - interviewed at Covidien in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview is very easy, all you have to do is be yourself. The questions are mostly common sense, issues, complication, and diversity problem.

Interview Question – How would you handle a problem with a coworker and what is the solution?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I heard from the former employee that there are bosses who don't know what they are doing and too many chiefs. The company is trying to shrink down positions and getting rid of employee who makes mistake. The company is not good to work for due to lack of leadership, if they get rid of the chiefs maybe I would consider working for them. I declined due to job security.

Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call from the hiring manager who wanted to go over my application and resume. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager talking about my application, why Covidien, what made me a good fit for the position. Fairly standard interview and phone screening process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Covidien? There weren't any questions that were too unexpected.   Answer Question

Supervisor/Manager Interview

Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Covidien in October 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview, background check, drug screen

Interview Question – nothing was difficult, they have a tendancy to use the STAR method of interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none.

Interviewed at Covidien

Interview Details – the position is r&d engineer intern. it was a 30 minutes phone interview. first introduced the program and then asked me about some projects I've done. sometime asked some related question such as did you use this technology. It lasted about 15min and there was no behavior questions, all about your experience

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hired through University job posting. The Interview process included an HR interview and interview with hiring manager. The Interview was mostly behavioral and all technical questions were related to my resumes.

Interview Question – Did you ever have to work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Covidien in August 2012.

Interview Details – phone call, in person interview, hired as contractor

Negotiation Details – no-little negotiation

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – Interviewed at campus recruiting event, then brought onsite for interview with several people. began with a panel, then about 4 individual interviews.

Interview Question – Asked mostly about my experience from previous internships. One situation question from the panel to gauge my thought processes.   Answer Question

FPGA Verification Inter Interview

Interviewed at Covidien

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews with the hiring manager.
offered in 2 days

Sales Specialist Interview

Sales Specialist
Ludlow, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Covidien in January 2010.

Interview Details – Originally, I met with the Regional Manager. After that, I met with the VP of Sales for the East. After passing those two interviews, I went for a ride along with a sales person. After that, I finally went to HQ and met with the President and other management. You need to plan on taking 3-4 days off of work in about a 6 week process to get through this.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you? - Very early in the process and very direct.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I really was not in healthcare sales, I was in technology. This was a major move for me and one I needed to think out. In the end, I value my position in technology because I help people solve technical issues. I felt that this would be a big missing piece of this position and would not result in my overall satisfaction.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Covidien

Worked for Covidien? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covidien interview questions and advice. All 127 interview reviews posted anonymously by Covidien employees and interview candidates.