Covidien

2.8

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Covidien.

The process started with an initial phone interview followed by in-person interview with multiple engineers. They provided a tour of the facility and questions were not overly difficult. The work environment seemed a bit formal compared to other companies I had worked at, due to the dress code. Employees aren't supposed to wear blue jeans and dress fancy.

Interview Questions
    • There were some typical technical questions about projects I had worked on and basic concepts of software engineering   Answer Question

QA Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Covidien in June 2014.

I was referred by a friend. A temp agency made contact with me as a result of that referral and asked if I'd be interested in the position. For that position I interviewed thru the temp agency as a contractor. The temp agency arranged the interview with Covidien. From the point of initial contact, I interviewed with Covidien 7 days later. 3 days after that I was completing the on-boarding process with the temp agency. My start date from the time of interview was 30 days afterwards. During that time my drug screening and background check was being cleared. 12 days after hiring in thru the temp agency as a contractor, Covidien was interested in buying out my contract with the temp agency in an effort to hire me in permanently as an official employee. 48 days from my initial start date as a contractor, I hired in permanently with Covidien.

Interview Questions
    • Would I stay the full term as a contractor on a fixed term of approximately 2-3 months until the goal was achieved with absolutely no guarantee or foreseeable opportunity of being hired in?   View Answer
    Negotiations were fair to say the least. I understood that they were in a bind and needed me just as much as I needed them but I didn't take advantage of it. they were sincere in their desire to hire me so I assured them that I'd accept the opportunity but encouraged them to consider making an offer that was commiserate with my experience and what they've witnessed in my performance up to that point. The offer wasn't what I had in mind but I was satisfied with the concern and effort behind the concessions that were made.

Safety Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covidien.

I had a phone interview with a recruiter, first. Then, I was invited for the in-person interview on site. The interviews varied form person to person. I had 4 one-on-one interviews. Most of the interviewers were friendly and had positive attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Usual, tell me about yourself, professional, and behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien.

Their interview process is very simple and easy. The process consisted of a phone interview with HR, then another interview with manager and finally an interview with three team members. Basically they just went over my resume and asked questions about that. Also asked a few behavioral-based questions that were easy to answer.

Customer Service Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covidien.

I submitted my resume and heard back later that morning. We set up an interview for the following week and I was offered the position. There was some paper work, a drug test and a two week orientation

I did not negotiate.

R&D Intern - Innovation Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covidien.

I applied online, received an invite to an Intern Symposium on site within a week. At the event, we were able to talk to teams and hiring managers and drop off resumes. Within a week, I received a request for a video conferencing final-round interview with one of the teams that I had talked to.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked with anyone you didn't like and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Covidien in April 2014.

Applied through an alum contact. First had a phone interview then followed by interview on-site in Mansfield, MA. The interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic. The staff at Covidien are also extremely helpful. Interviewed with three people on the Project Engineering Team. Most questions were related to my past experience and projects, etc. Asked for potential ideas for process improvement specifically on the UDI project.

Interview Questions
    • What suggestions would you have to systematize the UDI label design process?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covidien.

Applied online, got a call from the hiring manager who wanted to go over my application and resume. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with the hiring manager talking about my application, why Covidien, what made me a good fit for the position. Fairly standard interview and phone screening process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Covidien? There weren't any questions that were too unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

the position is r&d engineer intern. it was a 30 minutes phone interview. first introduced the program and then asked me about some projects I've done. sometime asked some related question such as did you use this technology. It lasted about 15min and there was no behavior questions, all about your experience

Ssembler Interview