Covidien

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.8

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Covidien.

Interviewed at campus recruiting event, then brought onsite for interview with several people. began with a panel, then about 4 individual interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Asked mostly about my experience from previous internships. One situation question from the panel to gauge my thought processes.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Covidien in March 2014.

I submitted my resume to the Covidien website and was contacted shortly by the hiring manager. After a 30 minute phone interview, I was invited to come to an onsite interview. All expenses were to be reimbursed so I stayed the night before the interview in a nice hotel in downtown New Haven. Interview day was grueling. It was an all day affair which consisted of an hour long presentation of my skills in front of 10 or so engineers/managers and 5 separate interviews. Questions were either technical or resume based, with a few behavioral questions sprinkled in. There was a lunch break in between in which the hiring manager took me to New Haven for lunch. Everyone was kind and professional. After a few weeks of waiting, I was told I was no longer a candidate.

A few months later, an independent recruiter contacted me asking if I would be interested in being considered for this job. I'm guessing they are having a hard time finding the person with the exact skill sets they require.

FPGA Verification Inter Interview

2 phone interviews with the hiring manager.
    offered in 2 days

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Covidien.

Found open position via network...which seems to be best route into Covidien. They are very much based on relationships, so having a contact helps a lot. Did some initial phone screening interviews with HR and the outgoing director. That lead to face to face interviews with unit in Boulder. Was a day long interview of 1 on 1 interviews. Most of people interviewing do not have any formal training or much experience. So asked standard questions, "tell me about yourself" and "what are greatest strengths" The interview with HR person was most strenuous, lots of situational questions "tell me about a time you failed. about a time you succeeded." After interviews in Boulder, was flown to corporate HQ near Boston for more interviews with team there. More 1 on 1. They got more technical into my field. Then it was a long period of waiting. There were a few follow up phone call questions before finally getting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • From the face to face with HR: 30 minutes of non-stop situational questions.   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate, but initial offer was pretty generous, so not much more to ask for.

Mechanical Engineer Co-op Interview

Setup the interview with HR, had 1 in-person interview which took about 1.5hrs. I got a tour of the facilities. Meet with 4 different people. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation for a co-op position.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Covidien in September 2013.

An HR rep reached out to me and asked about my background and a couple of typical interview questions. This initial contact lasted about 30 minutes. Next she set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager about one week later. This lasted about one hour and consisted of typical behavioral questions. I had one more phone interview the next day with the other Sr. Supply Chain Manager with the same behavioral format.

About a week after my phone interview I was contacted to set up an on-site. This was about a half-day affair. I met with both Sr. Supply Chain Managers (including the hiring manager), two Sr. Supply Chain Planners (one was a lunch interview), and a Global Marketing Manager. Each interview was about an hour long and very casual. They asked some behavioral questions, but you could just as easily ask them questions the whole time. My impression was that if you made it that far, they already thought you could do the job, they just wanted to make sure you meshed well with the team.

I received an offer about a week after my final on-site. Overall a very positive experience. Great people at the Boulder offices.

Interview Questions
    • You are young and new to supply chain. The planners at the plant will think that you work for them, but you also need to get your own priorities managed. How will you build respect with people at the plant?   Answer Question

I received another offer for a somewhat different role in Seattle. I did not have any issue with their offer or benefits, the decision ended up being fairly family-centric and a move out of state seemed right for us.

Pre-Clinical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien.

Initially, I filled out an application online, which is pretty straightforward. Then I received an email inviting me to a summer intern talent symposium, which was just like a huge career fair. Many hiring managers were present, and I even spoke with my future supervisor.

After the intern talent symposium, I had a quick (20 min) phone interview and was offered the position.

Acute Care Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien in August 2013.

Very large Co, if you call for assistance during hiring and don't have the direct numbers, its extremely hard to get anyone to answer or return calls for help. Seems to be a lot of people that don't provide any assistance to new hires.

Interview Questions
    Somewhat based on years of experience

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien.

Panel interview that consisted of technical fellows, other bosses and teammates. Applied online and was contacted one month later. First there was a phone interview with an HR representative who asked questions about my resume and history. I was asked to come in for a panel interview at the end of the phone interview. After the interviewing, I was offered the position on the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Asked many questions on troubleshooting HPLC. Mass spec experience was a plus.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien in July 2013.

Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Set up a phone interview after an initial screening to speak with the hiring manager. The hiring manager did not call at the scheduled time. This happened twice, and the recruiter did little to help/explain the issue with lack of organization or reschedule the interview.