Covidien

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Co-op Interview

Mechanical Engineer Co-op

Interviewed at Covidien

Interview Details – Setup the interview with HR, had 1 in-person interview which took about 1.5hrs. I got a tour of the facilities. Meet with 4 different people. Whole process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Question – What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for a co-op position.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Supply Chain Planner
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Covidien in September 2013.

Interview Details – An HR rep reached out to me and asked about my background and a couple of typical interview questions. This initial contact lasted about 30 minutes. Next she set me up with a phone interview with the hiring manager about one week later. This lasted about one hour and consisted of typical behavioral questions. I had one more phone interview the next day with the other Sr. Supply Chain Manager with the same behavioral format.

About a week after my phone interview I was contacted to set up an on-site. This was about a half-day affair. I met with both Sr. Supply Chain Managers (including the hiring manager), two Sr. Supply Chain Planners (one was a lunch interview), and a Global Marketing Manager. Each interview was about an hour long and very casual. They asked some behavioral questions, but you could just as easily ask them questions the whole time. My impression was that if you made it that far, they already thought you could do the job, they just wanted to make sure you meshed well with the team.

I received an offer about a week after my final on-site. Overall a very positive experience. Great people at the Boulder offices.

Interview Question – You are young and new to supply chain. The planners at the plant will think that you work for them, but you also need to get your own priorities managed. How will you build respect with people at the plant?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received another offer for a somewhat different role in Seattle. I did not have any issue with their offer or benefits, the decision ended up being fairly family-centric and a move out of state seemed right for us.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Service Desk Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Covidien in March 2013.

Interview Details – Did not have an interview. Went right from the contracting company to working.

Pre-Clinical Intern Interview

Pre-Clinical Intern
North Haven, CT

I applied online and interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – Initially, I filled out an application online, which is pretty straightforward. Then I received an email inviting me to a summer intern talent symposium, which was just like a huge career fair. Many hiring managers were present, and I even spoke with my future supervisor.

After the intern talent symposium, I had a quick (20 min) phone interview and was offered the position.

Interview Question – What can you tell me about pre-clinical testing?   Answer Question

Quality Technician II Interview

Quality Technician II
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Covidien in May 2011.

Interview Details – Behavior based interview on the Company's Core Competencies. Interview is with HR, Supervisor, and Supervisor from another department.

Interview Question – The interviewer will use this information to assess your proficiency in one or more job-related areas, which may include anything from adaptability to leadership to problem solving.   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate
Boulder, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Covidien in July 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Set up a phone interview after an initial screening to speak with the hiring manager. The hiring manager did not call at the scheduled time. This happened twice, and the recruiter did little to help/explain the issue with lack of organization or reschedule the interview.

Interview Question – Very straight forward screening   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Covidien in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process went very well. I had 1 phone interview with the hiring manager and 2 in-person interviews (one person was on vacation). The interviewers asked very appropriate questions pertaining to skills required for the position. Once I arrived (I got the job), I saw that the company and culture were as described during the interview.

Interview Question – I was asked several behavior-based questions, to describe prior examples of my work and also to give examples related to core competencies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I found the salary offer to be low. I was able to negotiate a bit more but was told that was the limit they would offer for that grade.

Shipping Manager Interview

Shipping Manager
Ontario, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covidien in December 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process begins with a search of resumes from online sources. The candidates are selected based on needed experience and requested salary range. If a candidate does well in the interview process he/she will go through three interviews from various levels of the team members.

Interview Question – Give examples of safety standards you are familiar with? Give a detailed description of your work experience? Give situational examples of past experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I went in with what my expectations were and the company exceeded it.

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – Panel interview that consisted of technical fellows, other bosses and teammates. Applied online and was contacted one month later. First there was a phone interview with an HR representative who asked questions about my resume and history. I was asked to come in for a panel interview at the end of the phone interview. After the interviewing, I was offered the position on the next week.

Interview Question – Asked many questions on troubleshooting HPLC. Mass spec experience was a plus.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Human Resources Manager
Mansfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Covidien in July 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was comprehensive and informative. Each interviewer was prepared with behavioral questions and I was comfortable through the entire process. I met with so many good people that I walked out knowing I wanted to work there. The process took longer than other experiences I've had, but it was worth it in the end to get the job.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult. They were concerned with my background and experience. No "curveballs."   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Covidien