Covidien

Updated Nov 28, 2014
Updated Nov 28, 2014

2.8

Manager, Portfolio Marketing Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Covidien.

Initial phone interview with HR, then hiring manager. Followed by 4 more face-to-face interviews with hiring mgr and 3 other supervisors and peers.

Interview Questions
    • Would I rather be well liked or disliked by everyone but an expert and sought after SME in my area of expertise.   View Answer

Firmware Optimization Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Covidien.

1st round - Phone Screen
    General questions based on the resume, interests and experience

2nd Round - Onsite Interview
    It was a technical round with the Hiring manager and the lead of the team which had an opening. It was a different interview than I had expected. No programming tests. Only questions regarding the projects I had done and Optimization questions and a few optimization riddles to find out the way in which I approached those riddles.

Interview Questions
    • It was the most unexpected part of the interview where they asked me few riddles to test the way in which I approach problems.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponce, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponce, PR

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Covidien.

There were several interviews - IS Section Head, HR Representative, and Finance Director.

Interview Questions
    Smooth and pretty much straight forward.

Operation Excellence Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien in May 2013.

Applied through Society of Women Engineers (SWE) website. Initial interview was with in-house recruiter. Phone interview with Factory Manager followed. Two months later I was flown out for a on site interview. Day consisted of one on one interview with HR manager, panel interviews with my managers direct reports(Material Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Supervisors Manager. I had lunch with the Factory Manager(who would be my boss). After lunch, final panel interview with my factory manager's peer and my direct peer in another focused factory. Recruiter kept in touch with me throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle/prioritize all the different tasks required for this position?   View Answer

I declined due to getting another job offer three days later for substantially more money.

Internship R&D Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Covidien.

I received a phone call from HR asking if I was available for a summer internship, and we set up a phone interview.
    The interview was a 3 person phone call with me on speaker. Speaking to 3 people at once was not as daunting as I had anticipated, they asked their questions, with each person taking lead on certain topics.
    A couple of days later I received a phone call from the HR rep extending me the position.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult or unexpected. They wanted to know more specifics about what I had on my resume and asked a lot of standard questions like how do I prioritize and keep myself from being overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien.

Met and interviewed people from Global Business Unit as well as Corporate HQ; gave a variety of perspectives to process

Interview Questions
    Very easy...no haggling...offer met my expectations.

Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien.

A series of phone interviews with engineering manager, the director of R&D, and HR. Started off with basic questions regarding your resume, then progressively focused on the job responsibilities.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Hired through University job posting. The Interview process included an HR interview and interview with hiring manager. The Interview was mostly behavioral and all technical questions were related to my resumes.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have to work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Research and Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Contacted via email to set up phone interview with Hiring Manager and two other scientists the intern would be working with. They were looking for a person with previous research experience and knowledge of biochemical techniques and experiments. It seemed like they were looking for a very specific candidate, a lab rat as opposed to someone who worked well in larger groups. They did not call back or email back when I followed up with them. The phone interview itself lasted about 20 minutes or so. They did not ask anything about Covidien itself, mostly information about my resume.

FPGA Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Covidien.

Applied through college.Got a call from the person I spoke to in the grad fair.Was very nice and positive.mainly asked about verilog