Covidien

Getting the Interview

127 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship R&D Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from HR asking if I was available for a summer internship, and we set up a phone interview.
The interview was a 3 person phone call with me on speaker. Speaking to 3 people at once was not as daunting as I had anticipated, they asked their questions, with each person taking lead on certain topics.
A couple of days later I received a phone call from the HR rep extending me the position.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult or unexpected. They wanted to know more specifics about what I had on my resume and asked a lot of standard questions like how do I prioritize and keep myself from being overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – Met and interviewed people from Global Business Unit as well as Corporate HQ; gave a variety of perspectives to process

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy...no haggling...offer met my expectations.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covidien in May 2010.

Interview Details – Very disorganized interview process. I had to come back multiple times to interview with the group I was scheduled to interview with. Ultimately they were nice people, but not a strong focus on making a good impression.

Interview Question – Each interviewer had their own format - some behavioral, some case format. The lack of a standard made it a more challenging.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very open to negotiation on different aspects of compensation, signing bonus, etc.

Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – A series of phone interviews with engineering manager, the director of R&D, and HR. Started off with basic questions regarding your resume, then progressively focused on the job responsibilities.

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New Britain, CT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Covidien in July 2011.

Interview Details – Sat down with two groups of two managers. They generally asked questions regarding my CAD experience and former work experience. Everyone was very easy to talk with and the interviewing process went well.

Interview Question – Where to you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Covidien in April 2012.

Interview Details – Received two phone interviews from HR and the team manager. Some typical behavioral questions were asked. Some technical questions were about sigma-six, which I didn't have any idea about. Then he asked me about some basic ideas of two-sample test and ANOVA, as well as the meaning of p-value and type I error. The interviewer was very nice but I was too nervous to get into the on-site interview.

Design Quality Intern Interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Covidien in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone Interview at first where they asked about resume and experience with quality systems and regulations. On-site interview with 4 successive, 1 on 1 30 min sessions with engineers in the group, followed by an interview with HR. Some technical questions (open ended data/situational analysis, not too bad) and behavioral questions (mostly with HR). In general, seemed like a good quality engineering group here with organized projects and direction for interns. The extended interviewing process here seems to result in good matches.

Interview Question – How would you get a project back on track when you start running behind?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, but I asked if relocation assistance would be available. Received relocation for housing for the summer.

FPGA Engineer Intern Interview

Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Covidien.

Interview Details – Applied through college.Got a call from the person I spoke to in the grad fair.Was very nice and positive.mainly asked about verilog

Interview Question – design state diagram for SRAM controller   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Covidien in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two round phone calll interviews. Very basic questions. My backgorund and research experiences.

Interview Question – What do you want to learn from our company   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

R&D Engineer

Interviewed at Covidien

Interview Details – It was only a phone interview for 30 odd minutes.

Interview Question – what do you know about covidien and why did you apply to this job?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Covidien