Covidien Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Operation Excellence Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien (Boulder, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through Society of Women Engineers (SWE) website. Initial interview was with in-house recruiter. Phone interview with Factory Manager followed. Two months later I was flown out for a on site interview. Day consisted of one on one interview with HR manager, panel interviews with my managers direct reports(Material Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Supervisors Manager. I had lunch with the Factory Manager(who would be my boss). After lunch, final panel interview with my factory manager's peer and my direct peer in another focused factory. Recruiter kept in touch with me throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle/prioritize all the different tasks required for this position?   1 Answer

I declined due to getting another job offer three days later for substantially more money.

Internship R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR asking if I was available for a summer internship, and we set up a phone interview.
    The interview was a 3 person phone call with me on speaker. Speaking to 3 people at once was not as daunting as I had anticipated, they asked their questions, with each person taking lead on certain topics.
    A couple of days later I received a phone call from the HR rep extending me the position.

Interview Questions

• nothing was difficult or unexpected. They wanted to know more specifics about what I had on my resume and asked a lot of standard questions like how do I prioritize and keep myself from being overwhelmed?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien.

Interview

Met and interviewed people from Global Business Unit as well as Corporate HQ; gave a variety of perspectives to process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy...no haggling...offer met my expectations.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien.

Interview

A series of phone interviews with engineering manager, the director of R&D, and HR. Started off with basic questions regarding your resume, then progressively focused on the job responsibilities.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Interview

Hired through University job posting. The Interview process included an HR interview and interview with hiring manager. The Interview was mostly behavioral and all technical questions were related to my resumes.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have to work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Research and Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien (North Haven, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

Contacted via email to set up phone interview with Hiring Manager and two other scientists the intern would be working with. They were looking for a person with previous research experience and knowledge of biochemical techniques and experiments. It seemed like they were looking for a very specific candidate, a lab rat as opposed to someone who worked well in larger groups. They did not call back or email back when I followed up with them. The phone interview itself lasted about 20 minutes or so. They did not ask anything about Covidien itself, mostly information about my resume.

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Interview

Too long! Two full days of interviews on site, followed by a full day of interviews in Mansfield. I also thought some of the interviewers could use training about how to conduct a proper interview. I was deeply disturbed when some employees with whom I interviewed discouraged me from joining the company.

FPGA Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Covidien (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Applied through college.Got a call from the person I spoke to in the grad fair.Was very nice and positive.mainly asked about verilog

R&D Engineer Interview

Interview

It was only a phone interview for 30 odd minutes.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about covidien and why did you apply to this job?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazelwood, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Covidien (Hazelwood, MO).

Interview

Sit down interviews with multiple Directors and Managers. Most of the interviewers were not prepared. They fumbled for questions, seemed to be lost and were not impressive.
    Phone interviews, screens, HR questions, more phone interviews and then a visit. They moved fast but they do the same in their approach to business. Fast and wreckless.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected questions were never asked. When interviewers are dressed in jeans and a windbreaker they tend to be lazy and unprepared. That was the case.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. You take what they offer for the most part. Their HR group is efficient and fast. The management is another question. They make poor decisions and based on how the business runs, they are slow learners.