Covidien Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Director Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien.

Met and interviewed people from Global Business Unit as well as Corporate HQ; gave a variety of perspectives to process

Interview Questions
    Very easy...no haggling...offer met my expectations.

Development Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien.

A series of phone interviews with engineering manager, the director of R&D, and HR. Started off with basic questions regarding your resume, then progressively focused on the job responsibilities.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Hired through University job posting. The Interview process included an HR interview and interview with hiring manager. The Interview was mostly behavioral and all technical questions were related to my resumes.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have to work with a difficult team member and how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

Research and Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT
    Anonymous Employee in North Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Contacted via email to set up phone interview with Hiring Manager and two other scientists the intern would be working with. They were looking for a person with previous research experience and knowledge of biochemical techniques and experiments. It seemed like they were looking for a very specific candidate, a lab rat as opposed to someone who worked well in larger groups. They did not call back or email back when I followed up with them. The phone interview itself lasted about 20 minutes or so. They did not ask anything about Covidien itself, mostly information about my resume.

Legal Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Covidien in April 2013.

Too long! Two full days of interviews on site, followed by a full day of interviews in Mansfield. I also thought some of the interviewers could use training about how to conduct a proper interview. I was deeply disturbed when some employees with whom I interviewed discouraged me from joining the company.

FPGA Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Covidien.

Applied through college.Got a call from the person I spoke to in the grad fair.Was very nice and positive.mainly asked about verilog

R&D Engineer Interview

It was only a phone interview for 30 odd minutes.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about covidien and why did you apply to this job?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazelwood, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hazelwood, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Covidien.

Sit down interviews with multiple Directors and Managers. Most of the interviewers were not prepared. They fumbled for questions, seemed to be lost and were not impressive.
    Phone interviews, screens, HR questions, more phone interviews and then a visit. They moved fast but they do the same in their approach to business. Fast and wreckless.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected questions were never asked. When interviewers are dressed in jeans and a windbreaker they tend to be lazy and unprepared. That was the case.   View Answer
    None. You take what they offer for the most part. Their HR group is efficient and fast. The management is another question. They make poor decisions and based on how the business runs, they are slow learners.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Covidien in March 2013.

Did not have an interview. Went right from the contracting company to working.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ponce, PR
    Anonymous Employee in Ponce, PR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Covidien.

They hire through an intermediate job agency. Only was required to fill in forms. Was never given an interview with the usual questions. After filling info, I was sent to do a drug test. When I came back I was given an ID company card and that's it. Mind you, the hiring people lack basic interpersonal skills. Well, not just the hiring people ...