Covidien Nurse Educator Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Nurse Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Covidien in January 2010.

Potential Manager extremely gracious and open with company and position information; pro's and con's of the position, territory, company. Several telephone conversations, homework assignments- including proposed business plan and pages of questions re: experiences and handling of situations. Two 1:1 interviews- of greater than 1.5 hour duration. Interviews relaxed and friendly- but PM drove the subject matter. Final interview with PM & division VP. VP came across controlling and used negativity and questioning of ambition and company loyalty (I've been employed by same company x 30 years) - didn't leave me with the impression I would be happy working under this VP. VP more focused on ability to retain someone in this position than experience, qualifications, and enthusiasm for the position (? turnover rate?). Process took 4 months- corporate work culture and decision-making driven downward from VP level. Reflecting back, probably not a lot of autonomy at Manager level. PM told me the job offer went to the candidate the VP felt would be most likely to stay long-term.

Interview Questions
  • How do I know that you won't tire of the extensive travel and quit within 2 years?   View Answer
  • What would be your first course of action within your territory if I don't give you any heads-up?   Answer Question