Cowan Systems Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Halethorpe, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems in May 2014.

Interview was pretty basic. My interviewer was really nice, brought me into the office and just talked about the job, culture, and what it's like to go into work everyday. He asked me to discuss my experiences. I was out of there in 45 minutes.

I didn't want to go into logistics. Cowan is a great company to work for in 3PL, but it's just not for me.

Logistical Sales Interview Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Cowan Systems in March 2014.

I had a very similar interview process as so done posted on March 8th of 2013. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which talked about my resume and the position. I then got a in-person interview and met with the manager. I could tell that the manager didn't know anything about me besides my name when I came in. They had nothing in their hand and nothing to take notes with. They immediately asked for my resume and "looked"over it for 20 seconds and then proceeded with his 15 minute spill. The interviewer didn't interview me at all, they just told me what the job was and what they expected from someone in the position. They literally didn't ask me one question about myself or background. I was then told by the manager that the recruiter would get back with me and set up a time for me to have a second interview, or a shadow interview. Well the recruiter did get back with me, but only to tell me that "they are pursuing another candidate." Do your job applicants a favor and don't waste their time when you have no interest in hiring them anyway.

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halethorpe, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halethorpe, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Contacted by recruiter. We scheduled a time the following day to discuss the position. Recruiter started our conversation by pre-screening my qualifications and work history. Next, we discussed my resume, education, and career goals. The recruiter explained the position, company structure, and provided a realistic job preview. I was provided with detailed directions (office was very easy to find), and the recruiter followed up the day before my interview to answer any last minute questions. I felt very prepared for the interview, which was conducted in a conference room. The two managers wanted to make sure the opportunity would be mutually beneficial.

Employee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Submitted resume and received call back

Entry Level Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Halethorpe, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halethorpe, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Pretty simplistic two round and a simple phone interview with a HR manager before a formal meeting in Halethrope. The first manager was pleasant kind and seemingly felt interested in myself and my experience - the second manager did not. During my second interview it seems more of the nitty gritty "can you do this or not" type of questions throughout the entire interview. That afternoon I received a call from HR and was hired that evening.

saright forward

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Halethorpe, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems in June 2013.

There is a phone interview with a recruiter in Atlanta, GA. If selected, you will then have an in-person interview with two Sales Managers at the headquarters in Halethorpe, MD. Two questions asked will be "why should we hire you?" and "why are you interested in this position?". There will also be scenarios brought up, and you are required to indicate how you would respond to them. If all goes well, you will be asked to return for a second interview to shadow with a person in that position. Candidates will then be told if he or she is offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • A Sales Manager may detail a situation where an Account Manager provided the wrong rate to a customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems in December 2012.

Just try to have a conversation with them.

NA

Logistical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

I had a prescreen phone interview which talked about my Resumes and the Position. Continued to an actual phone interview with a young lady in Atlanta GA. I got to go into Cowan HQ in baltimore MD and met with the manager. the interviewer didn't interview he one bit, he just told me what the job was and what he expected from me. after that i never heard from Cowan again. Called the HQ and left messages asking if I Received the job or not. I even called down to dallas four times and left messages however nobody ever responded to my messages

Interview Questions
    • lead me to believe they were going to hire me, but then just stopped communicating with me   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cowan Systems in August 2012.

Three different phone screens after they received my resume via LinkedIn. The recruiter, while nice, giggles and laughs like a sorority girl the entire time. It's exhausting. After making it through 2 hours of phone screens, I had a face-to face interview with the sales manager. He didn't look like he even wanted to be there. The entire interview he was smacking his lips and chewing gum. I almost walked out. All he did was talk. I could hardly get a word in edge wise.

Interview Questions
    • Standard, tell me about yourself and your career goals type of questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Cowan Systems? Contribute to the Community!