Cowan Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.4

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cowan Systems in June 2015.

Interview

I met received a phone call and spoke to someone who asked a number of questions about my work history. I read a number of negative reviews about this company on this site, and a few good ones. I did a good deal of salary research prior to speaking to the company representative. In relation to the requirements of the position, I would say the hourly rate offer is well below the actual market value of the position. This fell in line with some of the negative comments I read on this site.

Tractor Trailer Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halethorpe, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cowan Systems (Halethorpe, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a cinch - once you get one, that is. Cowan Systems makes a practice of hiring not just "any ol' Joe/Jane Shmo". Recruitment does take time to background who it is they want to represent this company - which is not all a bad thing. Though thorough, the staff is very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, I can't remember getting any "unexpected" questions - besides what happened on my last job. My interview was cut-n-dry - no frills. They knew pretty-much everything they needed to know before I walked in the door. They simply wanted to hear a recap from me personally.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase went pretty quick. Most everything was mapped out before sitting at the table. For me, it was a basic recap. Overall, it went well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cowan Systems (Halethorpe, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic. My interviewer was really nice, brought me into the office and just talked about the job, culture, and what it's like to go into work everyday. He asked me to discuss my experiences. I was out of there in 45 minutes.

I didn't want to go into logistics. Cowan is a great company to work for in 3PL, but it's just not for me.

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cowan Systems.

Interview

Submitted resume and received call back

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halethorpe, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cowan Systems (Halethorpe, MD).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter. We scheduled a time the following day to discuss the position. Recruiter started our conversation by pre-screening my qualifications and work history. Next, we discussed my resume, education, and career goals. The recruiter explained the position, company structure, and provided a realistic job preview. I was provided with detailed directions (office was very easy to find), and the recruiter followed up the day before my interview to answer any last minute questions. I felt very prepared for the interview, which was conducted in a conference room. The two managers wanted to make sure the opportunity would be mutually beneficial.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about trucking?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cowan Systems in March 2014.

Interview

I had a very similar interview process as so done posted on March 8th of 2013. I had a phone interview with a recruiter, which talked about my resume and the position. I then got a in-person interview and met with the manager. I could tell that the manager didn't know anything about me besides my name when I came in. They had nothing in their hand and nothing to take notes with. They immediately asked for my resume and "looked"over it for 20 seconds and then proceeded with his 15 minute spill. The interviewer didn't interview me at all, they just told me what the job was and what they expected from someone in the position. They literally didn't ask me one question about myself or background. I was then told by the manager that the recruiter would get back with me and set up a time for me to have a second interview, or a shadow interview. Well the recruiter did get back with me, but only to tell me that "they are pursuing another candidate." Do your job applicants a favor and don't waste their time when you have no interest in hiring them anyway.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cowan Systems (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview-30 min --Resume walk through --Explanation of training process --Explanation of job role 1 on 1 interview- 30-45 min --Further conversation about company, training, role --Not very intensive, but must show an understanding of how the industry works Employee Shadow- 60-90 min --Opportunity to ask further questions about the company and job --Opportunity to see what the job responsibilities are on a day to day basis

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you would take when attempting to make a sale.   Answer Question

Entry Level Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halethorpe, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cowan Systems (Halethorpe, MD).

Interview

Pretty simplistic two round and a simple phone interview with a HR manager before a formal meeting in Halethrope. The first manager was pleasant kind and seemingly felt interested in myself and my experience - the second manager did not. During my second interview it seems more of the nitty gritty "can you do this or not" type of questions throughout the entire interview. That afternoon I received a call from HR and was hired that evening.

Logistics Sales Manager Interview

Interview

saright forward

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halethorpe, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cowan Systems (Halethorpe, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

There is a phone interview with a recruiter in Atlanta, GA. If selected, you will then have an in-person interview with two Sales Managers at the headquarters in Halethorpe, MD. Two questions asked will be "why should we hire you?" and "why are you interested in this position?". There will also be scenarios brought up, and you are required to indicate how you would respond to them. If all goes well, you will be asked to return for a second interview to shadow with a person in that position. Candidates will then be told if he or she is offered the position.

Interview Questions

• A Sales Manager may detail a situation where an Account Manager provided the wrong rate to a customer.   1 Answer