Cowan Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Office Position Interview

Corporate Office Position
Halethorpe, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter. We scheduled a time the following day to discuss the position. Recruiter started our conversation by pre-screening my qualifications and work history. Next, we discussed my resume, education, and career goals. The recruiter explained the position, company structure, and provided a realistic job preview. I was provided with detailed directions (office was very easy to find), and the recruiter followed up the day before my interview to answer any last minute questions. I felt very prepared for the interview, which was conducted in a conference room. The two managers wanted to make sure the opportunity would be mutually beneficial.

Interview Question – What do you know about trucking?   View Answer

Employee Interview

Employee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and received call back

Entry Level Logistics Sales Representative Interview

Entry Level Logistics Sales Representative
Halethorpe, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Interview Details – Pretty simplistic two round and a simple phone interview with a HR manager before a formal meeting in Halethrope. The first manager was pleasant kind and seemingly felt interested in myself and my experience - the second manager did not. During my second interview it seems more of the nitty gritty "can you do this or not" type of questions throughout the entire interview. That afternoon I received a call from HR and was hired that evening.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Cowan Systems

Interview Details – saright forward

Interview Question – there were too many   Answer Question

Entry Level Account Manager Interview

Entry Level Account Manager
Halethorpe, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems in June 2013.

Interview Details – There is a phone interview with a recruiter in Atlanta, GA. If selected, you will then have an in-person interview with two Sales Managers at the headquarters in Halethorpe, MD. Two questions asked will be "why should we hire you?" and "why are you interested in this position?". There will also be scenarios brought up, and you are required to indicate how you would respond to them. If all goes well, you will be asked to return for a second interview to shadow with a person in that position. Candidates will then be told if he or she is offered the position.

Interview Question – A Sales Manager may detail a situation where an Account Manager provided the wrong rate to a customer.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems in December 2012.

Interview Details – Just try to have a conversation with them.

Interview Question – Does not really ask question just talks. Engage back.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NA

Logistical Sales Representative Interview

Logistical Sales Representative
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Interview Details – I had a prescreen phone interview which talked about my Resumes and the Position. Continued to an actual phone interview with a young lady in Atlanta GA. I got to go into Cowan HQ in baltimore MD and met with the manager. the interviewer didn't interview he one bit, he just told me what the job was and what he expected from me. after that i never heard from Cowan again. Called the HQ and left messages asking if I Received the job or not. I even called down to dallas four times and left messages however nobody ever responded to my messages

Interview Question – lead me to believe they were going to hire me, but then just stopped communicating with me   Answer Question

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cowan Systems in August 2012.

Interview Details – Three different phone screens after they received my resume via LinkedIn. The recruiter, while nice, giggles and laughs like a sorority girl the entire time. It's exhausting. After making it through 2 hours of phone screens, I had a face-to face interview with the sales manager. He didn't look like he even wanted to be there. The entire interview he was smacking his lips and chewing gum. I almost walked out. All he did was talk. I could hardly get a word in edge wise.

Interview Question – Standard, tell me about yourself and your career goals type of questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cowan Systems

Interview Details – Two phone interviews before your first face to face which is more of a general interview, getting your background story. The second interview get more job specific where you really find out if this would be a good fit for you and Cowan Systems.

Interview Question – Seeing as you have no prior sales experience, why should I hire you as a sales rep?   View Answer

Broker Interview

Broker

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cowan Systems.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a very nice recruiter about a week later.. Had 2-3 conversations then a relaxed in person interview. The interview process took about two weeks start to finish and overall was a pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Everything was very straight forward.   Answer Question

Worked for Cowan Systems? Contribute to the Community!