Cox Communications Account Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Omaha, NE
Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cox Communications in June 2013.

Initial Application was online, then a survey that was pretty accurate as far as the line of questions relating to an Account Executive sales role.

If you have ever been an Account Executive in a Business to Business role, I recommend answering honestly. As in may surveys or self assessments, they as the same question multiple times, multiple ways.

Once you are cleared to the next level, an in person interview is conducted with the manager, and if you pass that round you move onto a panel interview with other supervisors and managers from other departments.

Better offer

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2008.

First interview was with Recruiter via telephone. Once they were satisfied with my experience they moved me onto the HR Department. I met with two people from HR for about an hour to discuss the general culture at Cox and determine if I like Unions...they HATE unions.

The next step was an interview with the Sales Manager, my direct report, this took about an hour as well where we discussed compensation, sales tactics, etc.

The final step for some is to meet with the Director of Sales - but this is not always the case.

Interview Questions
    Very little negotiation. They made an offer, I countered and then we agreed.

Anonymous Employee  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in September 2010.

Initial interview was a phone screening with Human Resources which was basic and pleasant. She described the position and inquired about my experiene.

First Interview was a panel with the Sales Manager and District Manager. It was very thorough and organized. They laid out the format of the interview detailing how many questions they would ask, what kind of questions they would be, and the format of the response that they required.

The first section was to review my resume and former positions.

The second were 6 specific questions that they wanted me to answer in the form of: what was the situation, what action did I take, and what was the outcome of the situation. In addition they wanted me to specifically detail the customer name and which company my example was in reference to.

In the final portion I was asked to sit privately for 5 minutes and think of any questions I had for them. And also to give them several reasons why I would be the best candidate for the position.

The Sales Manager was an amiable type who smiled a lot and gave lots of reassurances. The District Manager was more closed in his demeanor. He was the type to throw around names and relationships and look for commonalities.

I was invited to come back to meet with the VP of Sales. He and I met in one of their small rooms, they have a special name for the rooms. Glass wall, one table, with 2 chairs, a phone, a whiteboard, and a clock. It was scheduled for a short visit, maybe 30 minutes. It was more like a chat or conversation than interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you underestimated the client you were meeting with and what happened.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2009.

-Personal interview
    -Interview with group
    -Offer

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your other job?   View Answer
    nothing

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!