Cox Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cable Engineer Interview

Cable Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details – Long interview process, an administrative assistant hire could require 8 to 10 interviews, questions were varied, usually off the cuff and unstructured, vary conversational as interview could go off the subject, seemed interested in getting to know an applicant as a person as well as level of technical knowledge, allowed an applicant to work toward their strengths. Rigorous and challenging but exciting and often humorous.

Interview Question – How do you make a peanut butter sandwich.   View Answer

Technology Co-op Interview

Technology Co-op
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – They asked some technology related questions.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Senior Technical Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2014.

Interview Details – Very flexible and easy going

Interview Question – Where was the last place you worked   View Answer

Negotiation Details – rigid with little room for negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Question – What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Question – What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Interview Details – Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Interview Question – How can you make a difference?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Long and stressful

Manager of Marketing Communications Interview

Manager of Marketing Communications
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, which went well. It was followed by two in-person interviews with the CMO and the CEO.

Product Interview

Product
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details – professional requiter, and interview

Interview Question – why have you decided to join us   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it…they are good though to their employees

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cox Communications in November 2013.

Interview Details – I worked with an HR Recruiter. He discussed my resume in-depth during the interview. It was a standard phone screen. I was contacted two days later by the hiring manager, again, it was a lot of resume and functional questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I suspect it was due in no small part to assuring that there was a personality fit. I can say that I was never really treated as an applicant but more as an equal or current employee. I was made to feel very welcomed. Hiring manager brought in a few of the peers that I would be interacting with, again it suspect it was to ensure the personality fit. They were very forthcoming and transparent as to what I could expect in the role. All in all I spent about 90 minutes on site. I wrapped up with the hiring manger who gave me a tour of the facility. This was by far the most pleasant interview that I ever took part in. I was contacted (2) days later by the recruiter and was offered the job, and of course I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – There were not really any difficult questions that were asked. All of the questions were really focused on the job. So it was one of those things that you know it if you know it and you were not able to fake your way through it. You will truly enjoy interviewing with this company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not needed for this offer because I expressed what I was looking for and they not only met it but they exceeded it.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Production Support Specialist Interview

Senior Production Support Specialist
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in September 2009.

Interview Details – Amazed that I was hired with such poor analysis of my skill sets, but I was recommended through employee referral so maybe they didn't feel the need to ask difficult questions.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Cox Communications Videos

Cox Communications – Why Work for Us?

Careers at Cox Communications Claim your seat and unleash your potential with a career at Cox today! We believe employees are our most important resource, and that's why we hire the best. It is with this belief… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees and interview candidates.