Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.6

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cox Communications.

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions
    • They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2014.

Found job on Indeed.com and applied on Cox website. After 3 weeks, they closed the post and sent an email to schedule a phone call with HR. 30 minutes with HR, reviewing resume. I asked about company culture and her experiences with Cox. This question was well received.
    One week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He gave a brief overview of the job and immideate needs of the position. I interjected similar experiences from my past whenever it was relevant.
    Two weeks later, on site with said hiring manager and his boss. Detailed review of the job and projects. He gave a lot of detail, I made sure to summarize his comments to verify that I was listening and understood the goals of the position. Also gave a couple of annecdotal stories of how I performed similar tasks in the past. The Director was looking for a "self starter". Used specific examples of how I took over projects and teams without the boss asking me to do so.
    One week later, interview with peer to Director with similar tactical experiences as mine. This was the reality check to verify my resume.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult or unexpected questions. Know your resume and how it is relevant to the position.
      "Tell me about a time when..."
      "What are biggest weaknesses?"
      "What would your former coworkers say about you?"

Answer Question
    Offer was within expectations, no negotiation.

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2014.

Very flexible and easy going

Interview Questions
    rigid with little room for negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2014.

I applied via the company's website and and HR representative called me within 2 days for a phone interview. I had a in person interview within the next week, very fast process

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cox Communications in November 2013.

I worked with an HR Recruiter. He discussed my resume in-depth during the interview. It was a standard phone screen. I was contacted two days later by the hiring manager, again, it was a lot of resume and functional questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I suspect it was due in no small part to assuring that there was a personality fit. I can say that I was never really treated as an applicant but more as an equal or current employee. I was made to feel very welcomed. Hiring manager brought in a few of the peers that I would be interacting with, again it suspect it was to ensure the personality fit. They were very forthcoming and transparent as to what I could expect in the role. All in all I spent about 90 minutes on site. I wrapped up with the hiring manger who gave me a tour of the facility. This was by far the most pleasant interview that I ever took part in. I was contacted (2) days later by the recruiter and was offered the job, and of course I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult questions that were asked. All of the questions were really focused on the job. So it was one of those things that you know it if you know it and you were not able to fake your way through it. You will truly enjoy interviewing with this company.   View Answer
    Negotiation was not needed for this offer because I expressed what I was looking for and they not only met it but they exceeded it.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications.

HR is a mess. Mostly filled with contractors. Can take a while for them to respond. So following up is a must.
    The interviews are nothing special. No challenge with the right experience. Beware though - they have some very smart and experienced people there pretending like they don't know very much.

Interview Questions
    Near impossible to negotiate without a competitive offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Simple for me, but I've heard that is the exception. I had a phone interview, in-person interview scheduled for the same week. Interviewed with 2 managers and received offer the next day.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in November 2012.

professional requiter, and interview

Interview Questions
    take it or leave it…they are good though to their employees

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2012.

Step 1: A HR Rep called for a brief phone interview. Typical HR questions: brief wrok history, validation of resume information, 5 year goal, "tell me about yourself", etc. Good idea to ask the HR Rep the essential qualities that the Hiring Manager is looking for.
    Step 2: Phone interview with the hiring manager. Friendly interview. Validating the resume information. Good idea to use information from the HR and sell oneself to the Hiring Manager.
    Step 3: Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager. Need to cover all problems in your work history, need to sell oneself according to what the hiring manager is looking for.
    Step 4: Face to face interview with theHiring Manager's boss and counterpart. Writen PM test.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser question. What type of leader are you? If can only choose one between documentation and Communiction, what would you choose?   View Answer