Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had list of standard recruiting questions. Asked why I was interested in this position. Asked me questions regarding the project management life cycle, which phases were the most important and why. Asked me about the culture of the business, and what I thought about it. Asked me to summarize my background, and tell them why I would be a good fit for the position.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Every question is technical! And it is just a phone interview. The interviewer is nice though. I expected lots of STAR based questions and actually none appeared. All questions are very technical and is very focused on the projects and past experience. They use LYNC so make sure that you examine and install it on your computer before it starts.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Found job on Indeed.com and applied on Cox website. After 3 weeks, they closed the post and sent an email to schedule a phone call with HR. 30 minutes with HR, reviewing resume. I asked about company culture and her experiences with Cox. This question was well received. One week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He gave a brief overview of the job and immideate needs of the position. I interjected similar experiences from my past whenever it was relevant. Two weeks later, on site with said hiring manager and his boss. Detailed review of the job and projects. He gave a lot of detail, I made sure to summarize his comments to verify that I was listening and understood the goals of the position. Also gave a couple of annecdotal stories of how I performed similar tasks in the past. The Director was looking for a "self starter". Used specific examples of how I took over projects and teams without the boss asking me to do so. One week later, interview with peer to Director with similar tactical experiences as mine. This was the reality check to verify my resume.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions. Know your resume and how it is relevant to the position. "Tell me about a time when..." "What are biggest weaknesses?" "What would your former coworkers say about you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was within expectations, no negotiation.

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone call, and then panel interview a few days later. It was intense, but not any more than other companies I have interviewed with in the past. They do a thorough screening of potential applicants. I would highly recommend working for Cox Communications, if you live near or don't mind driving to their offices. They pay well, for your talents, and qualifications. As always, don't ever elaborate on your resume, if you didn't do it, don't put it down. No sense in making your resume sound better than you truly are, as this may come back to haunt you later, like it did to one of my peers. Be yourself, be calm, and just speak with truth.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you escalating within the company   1 Answer

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very flexible and easy going

Interview Questions

• Where was the last place you worked   1 Answer

Negotiation

rigid with little room for negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied via the company's website and and HR representative called me within 2 days for a phone interview. I had a in person interview within the next week, very fast process

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

I worked with an HR Recruiter. He discussed my resume in-depth during the interview. It was a standard phone screen. I was contacted two days later by the hiring manager, again, it was a lot of resume and functional questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I suspect it was due in no small part to assuring that there was a personality fit. I can say that I was never really treated as an applicant but more as an equal or current employee. I was made to feel very welcomed. Hiring manager brought in a few of the peers that I would be interacting with, again it suspect it was to ensure the personality fit. They were very forthcoming and transparent as to what I could expect in the role. All in all I spent about 90 minutes on site. I wrapped up with the hiring manger who gave me a tour of the facility. This was by far the most pleasant interview that I ever took part in. I was contacted (2) days later by the recruiter and was offered the job, and of course I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• There were not really any difficult questions that were asked. All of the questions were really focused on the job. So it was one of those things that you know it if you know it and you were not able to fake your way through it. You will truly enjoy interviewing with this company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was not needed for this offer because I expressed what I was looking for and they not only met it but they exceeded it.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR is a mess. Mostly filled with contractors. Can take a while for them to respond. So following up is a must. The interviews are nothing special. No challenge with the right experience. Beware though - they have some very smart and experienced people there pretending like they don't know very much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Near impossible to negotiate without a competitive offer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Simple for me, but I've heard that is the exception. I had a phone interview, in-person interview scheduled for the same week. Interviewed with 2 managers and received offer the next day.