Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone call, and then panel interview a few days later. It was intense, but not any more than other companies I have interviewed with in the past. They do a thorough screening of potential applicants. I would highly recommend working for Cox Communications, if you live near or don't mind driving to their offices. They pay well, for your talents, and qualifications. As always, don't ever elaborate on your resume, if you didn't do it, don't put it down. No sense in making your resume sound better than you truly are, as this may come back to haunt you later, like it did to one of my peers. Be yourself, be calm, and just speak with truth.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you escalating within the company   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had list of standard recruiting questions. Asked why I was interested in this position. Asked me questions regarding the project management life cycle, which phases were the most important and why. Asked me about the culture of the business, and what I thought about it. Asked me to summarize my background, and tell them why I would be a good fit for the position.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was thorough with background check, references and a portfolio in hand. The interviewer was very personable. She made me feel very comfortable. It was more like a conversation than an interview.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Every question is technical! And it is just a phone interview. The interviewer is nice though. I expected lots of STAR based questions and actually none appeared. All questions are very technical and is very focused on the projects and past experience. They use LYNC so make sure that you examine and install it on your computer before it starts.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied via the company's website and and HR representative called me within 2 days for a phone interview. I had a in person interview within the next week, very fast process

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions

• They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions. Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Found job on Indeed.com and applied on Cox website. After 3 weeks, they closed the post and sent an email to schedule a phone call with HR. 30 minutes with HR, reviewing resume. I asked about company culture and her experiences with Cox. This question was well received. One week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He gave a brief overview of the job and immideate needs of the position. I interjected similar experiences from my past whenever it was relevant. Two weeks later, on site with said hiring manager and his boss. Detailed review of the job and projects. He gave a lot of detail, I made sure to summarize his comments to verify that I was listening and understood the goals of the position. Also gave a couple of annecdotal stories of how I performed similar tasks in the past. The Director was looking for a "self starter". Used specific examples of how I took over projects and teams without the boss asking me to do so. One week later, interview with peer to Director with similar tactical experiences as mine. This was the reality check to verify my resume.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions. Know your resume and how it is relevant to the position. "Tell me about a time when..." "What are biggest weaknesses?" "What would your former coworkers say about you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was within expectations, no negotiation.

Cable Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Long interview process, an administrative assistant hire could require 8 to 10 interviews, questions were varied, usually off the cuff and unstructured, vary conversational as interview could go off the subject, seemed interested in getting to know an applicant as a person as well as level of technical knowledge, allowed an applicant to work toward their strengths. Rigorous and challenging but exciting and often humorous.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a peanut butter sandwich.   1 Answer

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very flexible and easy going

Interview Questions

• Where was the last place you worked   1 Answer

Negotiation

rigid with little room for negotiation