Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2014.

I applied via the company's website and and HR representative called me within 2 days for a phone interview. I had a in person interview within the next week, very fast process

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cox Communications.

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions
    • They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions.
      Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2014.

Found job on Indeed.com and applied on Cox website. After 3 weeks, they closed the post and sent an email to schedule a phone call with HR. 30 minutes with HR, reviewing resume. I asked about company culture and her experiences with Cox. This question was well received.
    One week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He gave a brief overview of the job and immideate needs of the position. I interjected similar experiences from my past whenever it was relevant.
    Two weeks later, on site with said hiring manager and his boss. Detailed review of the job and projects. He gave a lot of detail, I made sure to summarize his comments to verify that I was listening and understood the goals of the position. Also gave a couple of annecdotal stories of how I performed similar tasks in the past. The Director was looking for a "self starter". Used specific examples of how I took over projects and teams without the boss asking me to do so.
    One week later, interview with peer to Director with similar tactical experiences as mine. This was the reality check to verify my resume.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult or unexpected questions. Know your resume and how it is relevant to the position.
      "Tell me about a time when..."
      "What are biggest weaknesses?"
      "What would your former coworkers say about you?"

Answer Question
    Offer was within expectations, no negotiation.

Cable Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

Long interview process, an administrative assistant hire could require 8 to 10 interviews, questions were varied, usually off the cuff and unstructured, vary conversational as interview could go off the subject, seemed interested in getting to know an applicant as a person as well as level of technical knowledge, allowed an applicant to work toward their strengths. Rigorous and challenging but exciting and often humorous.

Interview Questions
    • How do you make a peanut butter sandwich.   View Answer

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2014.

Very flexible and easy going

Interview Questions
    rigid with little room for negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2010.

Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Questions
    • What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2012.

The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question
    Fair.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Long and stressful

Manager of Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cox Communications in February 2010.

I had a phone interview first, which went well. It was followed by two in-person interviews with the CMO and the CEO.