Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.6

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was thorough with background check, references and a portfolio in hand. The interviewer was very personable. She made me feel very comfortable. It was more like a conversation than an interview.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Every question is technical! And it is just a phone interview. The interviewer is nice though. I expected lots of STAR based questions and actually none appeared. All questions are very technical and is very focused on the projects and past experience. They use LYNC so make sure that you examine and install it on your computer before it starts.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied via the company's website and and HR representative called me within 2 days for a phone interview. I had a in person interview within the next week, very fast process

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

HR was very nice. But did not interviewed with HR, rather, directly to the manager and one person who works in the team. No easy behavior questions, and you need to quickly come up with solutions about data analysis. Did not talk about anything from resume.

Interview Questions

• They said was STAR question in the email, but actually basically no behavior questions. Asked how to deal with data in certain situtations.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

interviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Found job on Indeed.com and applied on Cox website. After 3 weeks, they closed the post and sent an email to schedule a phone call with HR. 30 minutes with HR, reviewing resume. I asked about company culture and her experiences with Cox. This question was well received. One week later I had a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager. He gave a brief overview of the job and immideate needs of the position. I interjected similar experiences from my past whenever it was relevant. Two weeks later, on site with said hiring manager and his boss. Detailed review of the job and projects. He gave a lot of detail, I made sure to summarize his comments to verify that I was listening and understood the goals of the position. Also gave a couple of annecdotal stories of how I performed similar tasks in the past. The Director was looking for a "self starter". Used specific examples of how I took over projects and teams without the boss asking me to do so. One week later, interview with peer to Director with similar tactical experiences as mine. This was the reality check to verify my resume.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions. Know your resume and how it is relevant to the position. "Tell me about a time when..." "What are biggest weaknesses?" "What would your former coworkers say about you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was within expectations, no negotiation.

Cable Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

Long interview process, an administrative assistant hire could require 8 to 10 interviews, questions were varied, usually off the cuff and unstructured, vary conversational as interview could go off the subject, seemed interested in getting to know an applicant as a person as well as level of technical knowledge, allowed an applicant to work toward their strengths. Rigorous and challenging but exciting and often humorous.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a peanut butter sandwich.   1 Answer

Technology Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The hiring process is very professional. I applied through campus website and got a call from the HR manager. I had a phone interview and then another face to face interview with the Hiring Manager.

Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very flexible and easy going

Interview Questions

• Where was the last place you worked   1 Answer

Negotiation

rigid with little room for negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2010.

Interview

Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Questions

• What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair.