Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.6

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in April 2012.

I had an employee refer me to the position. I sent my resume to the hiring manager before I applied online. Process consisted of a Phone Interview and then an in-office interview with 3 different team members. All in all, hiring process took about 3-4 weeks before I was made an offer.

I was able to negotiate another 3% from initial offer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2012.

I had several interviews, even declined for one role but called back in and hired for another.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions - it pretty much was conversational in nature. But the hiring manager was skilled in that during the conversational interview, your skills and background were clearly assessed, and key questions got answered for the team.   Answer Question
    There really was not any. None of the things I tried to negotiate were granted, not even a counter. It was take it or leave it.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2012.

The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Questions
    • What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question
    Fair.

Senior QA Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2011.

I worked here previously as a contractor, so I knew the culture. The up-front process was fast, the decision was made within 10 days.

Nothing.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications in April 2011.

Came to the Campus and reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining how I would interact with associates.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to get out of this experience at Cox?   Answer Question

Encoding Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2011.

The agency found my resume online and called me. They asked me if I would be interested in one of two positions, I had experience in both fields so I said yes. He picked one of the fields (not my preference) and submitted me for review to the company. They said yes, and I interviewed two days later. Got an offer a couple hours after the 15 min interview.

Interview Questions
    • How familiar are you with the QC Process and encoding?   View Answer
    No. The job was a contract position, and the salary was already set by the staffing agency.

Online Content Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2011.

informal. Hiring manager confused about company goals, unable to translate them to goals for the position. My questions might have been too hard for her to answer. They seemed to want someone less creative and more corporate.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty predictable. What have I done and what would I like to do?   View Answer

NOC Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in December 2010.

There were no trick questions. Just a straight forward interview about my background and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me your experience with developing a training program?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Easy interview process, with questions about background and how skills applied to the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Long and stressful