Cox Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – HR is a mess. Mostly filled with contractors. Can take a while for them to respond. So following up is a must.
The interviews are nothing special. No challenge with the right experience. Beware though - they have some very smart and experienced people there pretending like they don't know very much.

Interview Question – TCP windowing in detail   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Near impossible to negotiate without a competitive offer

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – Simple for me, but I've heard that is the exception. I had a phone interview, in-person interview scheduled for the same week. Interviewed with 2 managers and received offer the next day.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2012.

Interview Details – Step 1: A HR Rep called for a brief phone interview. Typical HR questions: brief wrok history, validation of resume information, 5 year goal, "tell me about yourself", etc. Good idea to ask the HR Rep the essential qualities that the Hiring Manager is looking for.
Step 2: Phone interview with the hiring manager. Friendly interview. Validating the resume information. Good idea to use information from the HR and sell oneself to the Hiring Manager.
Step 3: Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager. Need to cover all problems in your work history, need to sell oneself according to what the hiring manager is looking for.
Step 4: Face to face interview with theHiring Manager's boss and counterpart. Writen PM test.

Interview Question – Brain teaser question. What type of leader are you? If can only choose one between documentation and Communiction, what would you choose?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in April 2011.

Interview Details – Came to the Campus and reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining how I would interact with associates.

Interview Question – What do you expect to get out of this experience at Cox?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had several interviews, even declined for one role but called back in and hired for another.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions - it pretty much was conversational in nature. But the hiring manager was skilled in that during the conversational interview, your skills and background were clearly assessed, and key questions got answered for the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really was not any. None of the things I tried to negotiate were granted, not even a counter. It was take it or leave it.

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had an employee refer me to the position. I sent my resume to the hiring manager before I applied online. Process consisted of a Phone Interview and then an in-office interview with 3 different team members. All in all, hiring process took about 3-4 weeks before I was made an offer.

Interview Question – Describe your background in supply chain   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate another 3% from initial offer

Very Easy Interview

Senior QA Lead Interview

Senior QA Lead
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2011.

Interview Details – I worked here previously as a contractor, so I knew the culture. The up-front process was fast, the decision was made within 10 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Strategy Interview

Strategy
Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2010.

Interview Details – Easy interview process, with questions about background and how skills applied to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Online Content Interview

Online Content
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2011.

Interview Details – informal. Hiring manager confused about company goals, unable to translate them to goals for the position. My questions might have been too hard for her to answer. They seemed to want someone less creative and more corporate.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty predictable. What have I done and what would I like to do?   View Answer

Encoding Technician Interview

Encoding Technician
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2011.

Interview Details – The agency found my resume online and called me. They asked me if I would be interested in one of two positions, I had experience in both fields so I said yes. He picked one of the fields (not my preference) and submitted me for review to the company. They said yes, and I interviewed two days later. Got an offer a couple hours after the 15 min interview.

Interview Question – How familiar are you with the QC Process and encoding?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. The job was a contract position, and the salary was already set by the staffing agency.