Cox Communications Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.6

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had an employee refer me to the position. I sent my resume to the hiring manager before I applied online. Process consisted of a Phone Interview and then an in-office interview with 3 different team members. All in all, hiring process took about 3-4 weeks before I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate another 3% from initial offer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had several interviews, even declined for one role but called back in and hired for another.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions - it pretty much was conversational in nature. But the hiring manager was skilled in that during the conversational interview, your skills and background were clearly assessed, and key questions got answered for the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was not any. None of the things I tried to negotiate were granted, not even a counter. It was take it or leave it.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was rapid and thorough. Interviewers were engaged throughout the interview process and complementary of previous work experience and strengths. It was a more relaxed approach to interviewing. They were quick to follow up post-interview and honest and forthright throughout the process. They knew their business and had it all together.

Interview Questions

• What were some of the negative aspects of your previous jobs; describe them and how you overcame the negativity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fair.

Senior QA Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I worked here previously as a contractor, so I knew the culture. The up-front process was fast, the decision was made within 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to be on-site daily?   1 Answer
    • Can you transition within 2 months?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Came to the Campus and reviewed resume and asked questions pertaining how I would interact with associates.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of this experience at Cox?   Answer Question

Encoding Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

The agency found my resume online and called me. They asked me if I would be interested in one of two positions, I had experience in both fields so I said yes. He picked one of the fields (not my preference) and submitted me for review to the company. They said yes, and I interviewed two days later. Got an offer a couple hours after the 15 min interview.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with the QC Process and encoding?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No. The job was a contract position, and the salary was already set by the staffing agency.

Online Content Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

informal. Hiring manager confused about company goals, unable to translate them to goals for the position. My questions might have been too hard for her to answer. They seemed to want someone less creative and more corporate.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty predictable. What have I done and what would I like to do?   1 Answer

NOC Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in December 2010.

Interview

There were no trick questions. Just a straight forward interview about my background and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience with developing a training program?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Easy interview process, with questions about background and how skills applied to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications (Atlanta, GA) in October 2010.

Interview

Long and extremely thorough which is good. If you are an outside candidate learn what the dynamic is and network with anyone you can. It's important to understand the telecommunications industry and its challenges. Be patient and don't give up on the HR team as they are terrific and helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Long and stressful