Cox Communications Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in March 2010.

Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Questions
  • What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

The process was simple, applied online via their career site, I received a letter inviting me to an in person interview. It was on a Friday and the hiring was very informal; it was unexpected. The culture is a tight knit one and with lots of politics to go around. Great new building with lots of amenities and very pleasant work environment.

Interview Questions
    • What was unexpected is that I was given a detail description of what I was going to be done on the role. I guess I got the job the moment I accepted the interview   Answer Question
    Negotiation was a close one, not much room for bargain. When considering an offer, always know your worth, your bottom line, and what similar jobs pay around your area.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cox Communications in January 2010.

Referred by current employee, which prepared me for what to expect interview, culture, people-wise..
    STAR based interview.. They give you a Situation and you respond with Task, Action taken, and Result. Be prepapred to answer from past experiences, can be anything from work, college, life experiences etc...
    Interviewed by a panel of 3 or 4 people..

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you had to diffuse a negative situation within a team?   Answer Question
    • How/when have you improved on a process that was not efficient?   Answer Question
    Entry level position with little to no negotiation.. Asked and was informed x is what the position offers.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications in October 2009.

The interview was a group panel interview where I was asked to describe my past relevant work experience. The second part of the interview was situational.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had more than one deliverable to submit under limited time?   Answer Question
    • They gave me a scenario that tested my system analysis skills and role played with me acting as a project manager.   Answer Question