Cox Communications

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – Can be a difficult interviewing environment. My experience with Cox has been mixed. They hired me twice for contract opportunities, but their interview style doesn't really serve them very well. Interviewers arrived with no understanding or agreement about the role they were interviewing for, and it was a group interview. So the questions were a wide variety, not very applicable to the role I was informed to expect. Interviewers at Cox are usually reluctant to share much info at the start of the interview, to put it in perspective. They just sort of jump in with their questions.

Interview Question – What I described above was the most difficult: fielding a variety of questions only loosely related to the job I was interviewing for, if at all. For example, on this interview for an integration architect, I got questions about ETL development, software release management, and database specifics.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview Details – The process was simple, applied online via their career site, I received a letter inviting me to an in person interview. It was on a Friday and the hiring was very informal; it was unexpected. The culture is a tight knit one and with lots of politics to go around. Great new building with lots of amenities and very pleasant work environment.

Interview Question – What was unexpected is that I was given a detail description of what I was going to be done on the role. I guess I got the job the moment I accepted the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was a close one, not much room for bargain. When considering an offer, always know your worth, your bottom line, and what similar jobs pay around your area.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cox Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – Referred by current employee, which prepared me for what to expect interview, culture, people-wise..
STAR based interview.. They give you a Situation and you respond with Task, Action taken, and Result. Be prepapred to answer from past experiences, can be anything from work, college, life experiences etc...
Interviewed by a panel of 3 or 4 people..

Interview Questions

• Give me a situation where you had to diffuse a negative situation within a team?   Answer Question
  • How/when have you improved on a process that was not efficient?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry level position with little to no negotiation.. Asked and was informed x is what the position offers.

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cox Communications in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was a group panel interview where I was asked to describe my past relevant work experience. The second part of the interview was situational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had more than one deliverable to submit under limited time?   Answer Question
  • They gave me a scenario that tested my system analysis skills and role played with me acting as a project manager.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cox Communications

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cox Communications Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cox Communications employees and interview candidates.