Cox Communications Customer Loyalty Representative Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cox Communications in February 2011.

I met the Cox guys at a job fair and gave them my resume for a "sales position." I was called a week and a half later to come into the office and take a sales test. For whatever reason, the HR lady gave me the wrong name of the head of HR that I was supposed to meet with, so there was a bit of confusion. They were also confused as to why I hadn't created an online profile on the career portion of their website. They had never told me too. This hung up the start of the sales assessment test. This test consisted of a computer personality test and then a test about our competency answering the phone. The personality test was a joke, first question - "Elephant starts with the letter..." The second test was also extremely easy, it is usually completed in 40 minutes. I finished in 19, as did another guy. Afterwards, the HR director told me that his computer results said I was "highly qualified" for the job. A week later I did a phone interview with the HR head. This interview was easy as well. Finally I was called in for a panel discussion with the two managers. This consisted of 8-10 questions regarding specific situations. My previous work experience made this also an easy interview. I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't see the call center after this interview. They told me I would see it during orientation. I had asked what the environment was like during the phone interview and was told "cheery." That's a first. They left the room and the HR head returned five minutes later saying I was hired. I ended up choosing a position with a different company.

Overall the interview process was easy. The money sounds pretty good, but sitting in a call center sounds like the worst job ever. While the interviewing was easy, the HR head, folks in the office and the manager were all very professional, a good group of people and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when a problem arose at a work place and you had to fix it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when a customer was uhappy and you dealt with it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Working in a call center environment where I would be answering calls from people trying to cancel their service and my job it to convince them not to, then upsell them is a position that I did not want. It sounds like you can make somewhere between 45-50k in your first year. I don't care how bad the economy is, I'll take my sanity and not sit in a call center with pissed off people calling in than the cash.

Worked for Cox Communications? Contribute to the Community!