Cox Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Fort Walton Beach, FL).

Interview

two online exams, waited about a week for a call, then one telephone interview about 2 weeks later, followed by a face to face interview the following week. Job offer the following day via telephone.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you had to handle a difficult customer; and what did you do or say to resolve this situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cox Communications

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, interview conducted with group of supervisors, and then role-play scenario directly followed the interview with supervisors. You will be contacted a few days after if selected for the position. STAR method on behavioral based questions is the preferred method.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay was the most stressful, trying to sell a product you've never sold before.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The hiring process was easy. I filled out an application. The interview process was easy. There was a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. I got a call a few days later and I was hired. I had five years experience working at another telecommunications company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications.

Interview

The application process was all online. I was called in for an interview before a panel of three or four people from different departments and levels of supervision. They took turns asking questions about my history and reasons for seeking employment with Cox. Everyone was very courteous and helpful throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a time in my life when I had failed and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

just be yourself and speak clearly

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negoitiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

applied online, phone interview, assesment, got a thank you for your interest email. Waste of time with this company

Interview Questions

• What did you do on your previous job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, 2 panel interviews and one on one interview and a presentation then no job offer. I dont know what to think about this company

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2011.

Interview

Its a very long process... bout time they were ready to continue I was working some where else. Its a great place to work but hard to get on. Be prepared to answer all types of scenario questions dealing with irate customers. They also ask questions like... Have you ever been in a situation where you had to go against the rules to help a customer... that is a trick question. A good reply would be... No' If I wasn't able to assist the customer I contacted a manager or someone in higher rank to assist them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a irate customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cox Communications (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online via Cox website contacted by HR shortly afterwards and came in and completed pre- screen interview Computer testing. Contacted for second interview with HR panel to screen candidates with further Q&A'S.

Interview Questions

• How many words can you type per minute?
      How would you deal with a customer who had questions regarding their billing statement?
      How and when would you escalate a call (if necessary) to a lead associate and/or Manager?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cox Communications (Tucson, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was to setup a phone interview. After successfully passing the phone interview, I was called in for an assessment on-site to test computer, comprehension and math skills. About an hour after testing I was called back in for an in-person interview the same day with 2 managers. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you witnessed something unethical at a previous job and how did you handle it? Most of the questions were the standard scenario-based call center questions.   Answer Question